• Who cares just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NRL 2016 Round 22 - Titans vs Warriors TEAM LIST
Shaun Johnson 2016 2

NZWF Official thread for the 2016 Round 21 Warriors team list and discussion...

Round 22 , Sun 07 Aug, 2:00 PM (local), Cbus Super Stadium #NRLTitansWarriors

Vodafone Warriors
1 Tuimoala Lolohea
2 Ken Maumalo
3 David Fusitua
4 Solomone Kata
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Thomas Leuluai
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Issac Luke
10 Albert Vete
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Ryan Hoffman (c)
13 Simon Mannering

Interchange
14 Nathaniel Roache
15 Sam Lisone
16 Ben Matulino
17 Bunty Afoa
18 Blake Ayshford

Last edited by a moderator:
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Rookies added to bench for Gold Coast trip
An unchanged starting line-up has been named for the Vodafone Warriors’ 22nd-round NRL game against the Gold Coast Titans at CbusSuper Stadium in Robina on Sunday (2.00pm kick-off local time; 4.00pm NZT).
Tuimoala Lolohea is at fullback for the second week running with David Fusitua again in the centres.
The starting pack features prop Albert Vete and ex-Titans back rower Bodene Thompson, both late inclusions against Penrith last Saturday.
Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden has selected a five-man bench notable for the return of 2016 rookies Nathaniel Roache and Bunty Afoa.
Roache (20) comes in for Jazz Tevaga, his last NRL outing being the 17th-round 27-18 win over the Titans at Mount Smart Stadium on July 2. He was superb for the NYC side against Penrith on Saturday with 10 runs, 156 metres, 41 tackles and no misses.
Afoa (19) is in line for his fourth NRL outing, coming back into the squad after he also turned out for the Vodafone Junior Warriors in their 30-28 win over competition leader Penrith last weekend.
The others on the interchange are props Ben Matulino and Sam Lisone plus centre Blake Ayshford.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v GOLD COAST TITANS
Cbus Stadium, Robina
2pm, Sunday, August 7

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Tuimoala Lolohea
2 Ken Maumalo
3 David Fusitua
4 Solomone Kata
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Thomas Leuluai
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Issac Luke
10 Albert Vete
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Ryan Hoffman (c)
13 Simon Mannering

Interchange
14 Nathaniel Roache
15 Sam Lisone
16 Ben Matulino
17 Bunty Afoa
18 Blake Ayshford

Reactions: 2 users
Blain

Blain

Wait... a Conventional bench??? I don't believe it. Actually I can, Cappy likes Roache because he can play in the backs if required, so fills his utility boner role nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Miket12

Miket12

Be interesting to see whose on the bench come Sunday. Hoping the three big fellas plus Roache - but Cappy will probably only go for two.

Reactions: 1 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Cappy is happy that Manu in particular is fit, so a more conventional Bench. However, it won't surprise me to see Blake make the Bench.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
be interesting to see how we go against a good titans side. Especially if it's a dryish track. Definitely 3 forwards on the bench and our back three need to take the ball on the full from their kicks.

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Well in all fairness, this is a good side and assuming Blayshford drops off I'm happy with the team and bench.

Nice one Cappy.

Miket12

Miket12

When you look at that backline, with the exception of Manu, that is a really, really young line up. Add in Vete and three of the guys named for the bench, and there is really a lot of youth in that squad named.

Apus

Apus

I didn't actually expect to see Bunty back in first grade so soon/at all. Nice that he got a spell in NYC for a week though, he should be ready to roll.

Can't really complain about that side though!

Reactions: 1 user
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Better looking bench....finally.... (although given Luke plays 80 don't see much time for Roache barring injury)

Murphy's law however says we lose a centre 5 minutes into the game and Ayshford could've been useful.....

• Haha
kbazi

kbazi

Better looking bench....finally.... (although given Luke plays 80 don't see much time for Roache barring injury)

Murphy's law however says we lose a centre 5 minutes into the game and Ayshford could've been useful.....
I noticed mannering got a spell last week, maybe roache will go to hooker and bully to lock for 10-15 mins.

Bunty might even spell Hoffman which I think would be great.

Defence

Defence

Can always slip bodene or manners out there if we have to.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Please Cappy dont mindfuck us and change the bench on gameday...

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Can always slip bodene or manners out there if we have to.

Oh for sure, and we've had that option for several weeks which again for mine just highlights Cappy's weird carrying a back on the bench policy.

Lookin forward to the Kata/Hurrell match up, should be some nice collisions out there.

Billy Teets James

Oh for sure, and we've had that option for several weeks which again for mine just highlights Cappy's weird carrying a back on the bench policy.

Lookin forward to the Kata/Hurrell match up, should be some nice collisions out there.
Man, If both turn up in form. Hurrell with a point to prove could run all over Kata! Lol. Hope not! Lol

6 Again

A much better balance to that bench selection, the extra forward will be required against the Titans who possess a tough battle hardened forward pack who don't back down and keep coming for the full 80.

If we can match them in the forwards then we should have the firepower in the backs ... glad Lolohea's not marking up on Nene MacDonald in this one.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Man, If both turn up in form. Hurrell with a point to prove could run all over Kata! Lol. Hope not! Lol
kata will be ready. I hope Manu is. I don'twant to see a single smile or low five or pat on the back from him all game for konnie. I want to seehuge charges and hurrell sat on his ass in defence

Reactions: 11 users
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Does McFappy have any sort of logic as to when Jazz/Nathaniel get picked over each other or nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.