will we make the top 8?

• Lock it in!

• Yes

• 50/50

• No

• Not a chance in hell!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Billy Teets James

Nothing soft about the way he hits the ball up, Belted the shit out of his tacklers and put on one of the hits of the year on his edge. What areas do you think he is soft in???
Maumalo needs to be more consistent with his aggression. Thats what i think most people have a problem with. Still young! He gets hit and would usually go into his shell. This year (At times) he would do just that. But, Hes starting to realize how big his ass is and that he hurts people. He just needs to keep doing it! That kid could be scary as hell every game! Lol

Reactions: 7 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Nothing soft about the way he hits the ball up, Belted the shit out of his tacklers and put on one of the hits of the year on his edge. What areas do you think he is soft in???
Sure he dropped a swirling punt but he is improving at the same rate as the rest of the youngsters. He is just do different to the guy who played the trial against the GC third team at Whaangarei this season.

I was so disappointed to see Nathaniel Roache have to go off with concussion. He was building into a blinder. If the Warriors make the finals the only thing that will keep him behind Luke is goal kicking. Luke might have to really fight for his Kiwi jersey.

Jordan G

He sent Peats flying at least once.

He's definitely not soft, he's also not a winger, though that's not necessarily his doing. The most pleasing thing about his recent performances is that I have no doubt he has the mentality to survive in the forwards, with a pre-season behind him he will adjust, and we need edge runners.

Saves me saying it.

Have always rated Maumalo, but it's only a matter of time before his lack of deft touch on the wing gets exposed by a great kicking game. The fact he's doing well out of position shows how good he could be. He's got the mentality for the forwards, just needs time to work on his defense. Him and Afoa could be our long term backrowers.

Reactions: 1 users
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
How good is Fusitua going to be? he continues to impress with each outing this season. He looks solid at center so agree with Cappy that it seems to be his best position, gets better quality ball than on the wing and RTS will be fullback next year.

The most pleasing thing about Fusi for me, was watching him get thumped a couple of times carting the ball out of our own end, and get straight back and involved again. The Fusi of 14/15 would've gone missing or even gone off with a bruised vagina. He's hardened up, and if he keeps going can easily be one of the best outside backs in the comp.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

VillaTheGorilla

Maumalo makes almost no impact on the defensive line. He runs as fast as he can into the line and stops dead almost every time. Go back and watch his impact...honestly it makes me laugh when they refer to him as the 'Mini Beast'. He's done nothing to warrant that name.

The tackle was good, but jeeze, he's scored one try this year and continues to make unforced errors.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
imallrin

imallrin

Player Ratings:
Lolohea = 3/10

Terrible terrible game, not a fullback. The more I think of it he is a Lane Hohia impact player from the bench that comes on about the 60min mark, that last Titans try not diving on the ball is just no heart, after all his team mates have been defending for their lives that is unacceptable. While Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is out though happy to leave him at back this season though as our backline attack looks so so good.

Maumalo = 7/10

Great hit ups, he definitely hurt the opposition especially Peats, massive hit on D. Dropped bomb drops him
from an 8/10.

Fusitua = 10/10

Absolute class, best finisher in the game and does it with ease. Saw bird hit Johnson so he went for him and actually tried to punch him
But hit the ground. Great intercept and just looks so comfortable, future superstar of the NRL.

Kata = 9/10

Absolute pocket rocket, plays with 100% heart every week, great intercept try and fend of the year, great try after Fusi break, was there ready for the play. If he learns to pass better then he will be one of the top centres in the game.

The Beast = 8/10

One silly error but gray hit ups, defused a bomb well, great hit ups coming out of trouble, was right there for kata if he needed to pass, solid game.

Tommy L = 9/10

Thought he had a great game, looked really dangerous on attack, great D, playing out of his skin at the moment.

Shaun Johnson = 8/10

Good game, don't think he was man of match but he really did his job today, two try assists, real good D on our goal line.

Lillyman = 7/10

Nothing special, a tradesman like effort.

Jazz = 6/10

Nothing special but solid game. Roache adds a lot more but I like Jazz starring and Roache coming on and injecting some speed.

Vete = 7/10

Good runs to get us over the advantage line, not his biggest game but solid effort.

Bodene = 8/10

Great game, just a real solid player who runs great lines, defends his ass off and slows down play of the ball.

Hoffman = 8/10

Great game from the captain, good runs and great D, love this guy and can't understand the flack he gets in here.

Mannering = 9/10

His error was clear hand in ruck and should have been a penalty but maxwell had the whistle in his pocket. Good metres, 40 tackles, great try, just an absolute legend.

Roache = 9/10

Great break, added heaps of spark, would rather him over Luke any day of the week.

Lisone: 7/10

Decent metres for limited time, was there in support for Roache, was putting in effort in D, good performance.

Muts: 9/10

Great runs and even better D, thought he was brilliant off bench today, looks like he cares again.

Blake: 7/10

A couple of great defensive plays at end, really a wasted bench spot but did what he could with limited time

In summary of you for this far I am bloody buzzing, the attack looks so crisp, they are all tackling their hearts out and covering for each other, finally showing the Aussies what they are capable of.

Xfactor

If Tommy had shown this form two months ago they would have declined his release request. I don't know what has clicked for him but he has finally worked out how to best support Shaun Johnson. Kinda wish he was round for on more season
I wouldn't have said this 10 weeks ago, but.................

Faaaark I'm gonna miss Tommy!

Reactions: 12 users

Alexradisich

The LoLo fans are very conspicuous by their absence, thought they would be in here lauding him and Cappy for giving him two whole games to show how wonderful he is, but no they are not waxing lyrical about his knock ons, missed tackles etc.

You called for LoLo's inclusion and Cappy obliged so come on guys show some consistency and now call for the coach to drop him for nearly costing us the game.

Lolohea's game is quiet mixed. It has both positives and negatives
I agree he needs to work on things, specially on ball handling. But there is also the positives like getting warriors repeat sets by good short kicks. I'm in a mixed bag, kid has talent but we are yet to see it consistently. Might be confidence?

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
honestly it makes me laugh when they refer to him as the 'Mini Beast'. He's done nothing to warrant that name.

You realise the old 'Mini Beast' was Bill Tupou...with that in mind, Maumalo has definitely earned that name. Not that I want him to be called that, in fact I hope that tag gets dropped and quickly.

kos

We are going to miss Thomas next year, to me he is the epitome of a professional rugby league player.
I think our defence coach needs some plaudits too our defence was bloddy pleasing. Not so pleasing was Tui at the back and our goal kicking.
Very composed win.

Reactions: 2 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Great game from all.

A lot of hate for Lolohea, but he is still a rookie growing in to first grade. He had a couple of nice wee kicks in behind the line under pressure today. I'll judge him next year after he has had an off season training in the ONE position he ends up in (or bench utility).

We need to sign Fusitua long term whilst he is still cheap; because he may not be for long. I picked this to be 'the' season for him, but he has exceeded my expectations. I always thought the Folau comparisons were stupid, but there are definitely shades of Izzy there.

Hopefully this is the week Cappy realises that Jazz is a great NSW Cup journeyman in the mould of Lino, Palavi and Poching. Great honest player, who proved his mettle when the Warriors were a basket case, but has no place in a team hitting it's straps. I guess he will have to be there whilst Luke is out though.

I have never seen a Warriors team this consistent, love to know where it is coming from or being led by.

It will be interesting to see if Manners gets time for his high shot

I thought Maumalo was great today...and I'm not a fan

Last edited:
JBmurc

JBmurc

Great Win .. overall happy with the whole team .forwards..Mannering-Hoff-TL-vete-mutts etc real workhorse efforts .. Shaun Johnson -Kata massive ....young bloods Fusitua-Mal really stood up
Only disappointments -Tevaga passing at times pure shit Lolohea overall looked out of sorts for much of the game ...Manu hands at time ..real rocks and diamonds ....

Now we need the cowboys to pump the tigers ....Panthers to lose to the rooters and I'll be even happier

kos

Great game from all.

A lot of hate for Lolohea, but he is still a rookie growing in to first grade. He had a couple of nice wee kicks in behind the line under pressure today. I'll judge him next year after he has had an off season training in the ONE position he ends up in (or bench utility).

We need to sign Fusitua long term whilst he is still cheap; because he may not be for long. I picked this to be 'the' season for him, but he has exceeded my expectations. I always thought the Folau comparisons were stupid, but there are definitely shades of Izzy there.

Hopefully this is the week Cappy realises that Jazz is a great NSW Cup journeyman in the mould of Lino, Palavi and Poching. Great honest player, who proved his mettle when the Warriors were a basket case, but has no place in a team hitting it's straps. I guess he will have to be there whilst Luke is out though.

I have never seen a Warriors team this consistent, love to where it is coming from or being led by.

I thought Maumalo was great today...and I'm not a fan

Yes I thought Roach shaded Jazz today.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

He ran well a few times. Especially from the line. But I still see him get pushed back and to the side sometimes. Compare him to Manu-I think he might be taller-it's close. People remember the big plays but I look at the mongrel. He looks good at times but inconsistent. I reckon you can eliminate errors but you can't train aggression into a player-they have to want it.

He reminds me so much of the Iros. Tony came good but Kevin only looked strong against Poms IMO. Otherwise he protected himself. I challenge the forum to keep an eye on that. When he's motivated he runs hard. I think the team lifts his performance. He gets the dropsies under the high ball but that's more from being second row/centre until recent times, so he can improve that. Just my opinion...

Reactions: 1 users