Team List NRL 2016 Round 21 - Warriors vs Panthers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Has Cappy finally come to his senses re the bench?

• Yes

• Its OK

• No

• Sack him now

• Nothing was wrong with his selections to begin with

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the 2016 Warriors ever fielded the same side twice in a row. Weird coaching. Weird year.

Reactions: 3 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Apparently mistakes is the best way of learning.
Wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. Pity it seems Cappy is really really really slow learner. Didnt learn shit from the failed Jonathan Wright experiments from last year. Seems too proud to learn from the failed Tuimoala Lolohea experiments of recent times.

Sorry. This guy is a muppet and needs to go...

Reactions: 8 users
and what are your comments going to be whenfus and Kenny get owned?
Look we all get it, you like your slow pedestrian plodder type player. However your job isn't on the line here, Cappy's is. He needs to win games right now or else he's done. Opening his eyes and finally seeing Ayshford for what he is - a dynamic game breaking interchange - will make this team stronger.

Reactions: 1 user
McFadden really is terrible when it comes to selection. I dont see why Loloheia gets fullback when Fusitua has been so good and they have admitted Loloheia has defencive issues there

Reactions: 2 users
Pffft our right edge got smashed on the weekend. Ayshford got owned by Croker that's why he's benched
Has his drop in form coincided with getting Ken as his winger? Seemed like Ayshford was laying plenty of tries for wingers before that, especially Fusitua and Lolohea. Perhaps Cappy resents him for not making Wright look good but we all know that's mission impossible.

Reactions: 1 users
You dont have to get a run on if your on the bench !!!
We can always hold someone back for golden point instead.;)

Seriously though I hope not. I don't think I can handle another loss in extra time; please be decided in regulation time. The losses in golden point are starting to feel like the 2012 giving up 18 point leads.:oops:

McFadden really is terrible when it comes to selection. I dont see why Loloheia gets fullback when Fusitua has been so good and they have admitted Loloheia has defencive issues there
According to Justin Morgan on Radio Sport today, they are satisfied that Tui has fixed those issues..

or maybe he and Cappy sorted their beef out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Starting line up is about 95% correct...the issue is the bench....Can anyone else point out a team which has a back on the bench?

If required, we need a 2nd rower who can play centre.....not a centre who could play 2nd row..

His job is no doubt NOT on the line after a move like this....

Despite it all I am interested to see Fusitua playing right center, what is this kids best position.

I've seen him score tries from center for the cup side this year.

Is he to much of a talent to leave out on the wing when he could be getting more ball and more opportunity at center, whatever the case just give him time in one position Cappy FFS.

Inruin

Contributor
Look we all get it, you like your slow pedestrian plodder type player. However your job isn't on the line here, Cappy's is. He needs to win games right now or else he's done. Opening his eyes and finally seeing Ayshford for what he is - a dynamic game breaking interchange - will make this team stronger.
no I don't think you do get it. Fusitua playing centre in nsw cup isn't defensively strong. Ken isn't exactly great either. Now whether you like Blake or not I think you are going to see a disjointed right edge. New centre, newish winger, new second rower. Now the players selected may form a good combination in time but it's not who you select with your season on the line hoping they gel immediately. rd 21 isnt the time to experiment. even if you go with that lineup you don'tcarry bothjazz and Blake on the bench. You replace oneof them with a player like sipley that provides impact even if it's for a high intensity 10 minutes of hard running charges.

Reactions: 4 users

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
After watching the warriors in nswrl game last weekend.
There wasn't to many saying pick me for first grade

I would like to think that with a possession set of six Fusitua goes to centre and Tui to float around the back and when defending a set they swap over.Makes sense as Fusitua is great under the high ball and can take a good first hit up from the back.Ayshford was piss weak against Manly and two straight misses defensively led to tries and I don't think he was much better against Raiders.......time for a spell if you ask me.Only a risk if Tui is a worse defender than Ayshford,initially I would have said he was but now with Ayshfords defensive lapses lately I am not so sure.One thing I am sure of though is that Tui offers way more offensively.
In summary, for mine the positives outweigh the negatives.

Didn't the Warriors come out after their dismal start to the year and say something along the lines of "We are gonna concentrate on having fun and attack, then the defense will take care of itself"..

Well, last time I looked, scoring more points than the opposition was the objective of the game. Fusitua is the top try scorer in the club, the majority of his tries come from the wing. It's simple logic people, this isn't a complicated game. You pick players in the positions which they're most comfortable and that will give you the best chance of winning. Fusi's best asset at this point in time is his finishing. That try on the weekend was a classic case. He makes scoring in the corner look easy. At centre he is wasted.. How many tries has Ken scored this year?

I feel sorry for David, he is being asked to fill this position then that.. Actually there is another young player at the club that did this last season. His name escapes me

I'm sorry for the Union reference but Cappy is the John Mitchell of Rugby League, Justin Morgan is Robbie Deans and Fusitua is his Leon McDonald. Not offence Fusi

Reactions: 3 users
I hope McFadden knows what he's doing because he's lost me! The bench should not be used for back injury cover. Ayshford starts, or should be left right out. .

This must be obvious right so why is he doing it? Is he just trying to let the ones he wants to drop down gently to keep them onside rather than dumping them to reserves and hurting their fragile ego's? Ah caint think of any other reason and I been thinkin on this a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.