Team List NRL 2016 Round 21 - Warriors vs Panthers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Has Cappy finally come to his senses re the bench?

• Yes

• Its OK

• No

• Sack him now

• Nothing was wrong with his selections to begin with

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I dunno if it's that revolutionary bud, we see Wayne Bennett employ mobile forwards in McGuire, Blair and Parker who fit your criteria perfectly and play an up tempo style, when our boys try to play too up tempo all we create is errors.
Was done by Tim Sheens as well in 2004-05 and it won them the Premiership. At the time Im sure the Tigers pack was the lightest in the comp...

Reactions: 4 users
Swanley

Swanley

I hope Bodene plays....that will ease my concerns a little bit....

I'd drop Blake and put Afoa on the bench....if required, Bodene can cover at centre...but that's too logical for Cappy.

• Haha
BiggerD

BiggerD

Im looking forward to seeing Matangi play agianst his old team the Warriors.
And "Uncle Ivans" son Nathan Cleary come up against Sean Johnson

Prediction : Warriors to win in Golden Point

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

This is a KPI generated team.

The one thing Cappy has going for him is being able to get consistency and effort from his Warriors.

As such selections will be weird if u subscribe to the idea that you play your most talented in their best positions over all that performance/attitude/ consistent eighty minute effort shit (the Warriors have landed in record golden point games under cappy of late by virtue of being an eighty minute side.

What I'm saying is Cappy has solved the Warriors biggest problem in terms of how to prepare yourself in this comp.

That is bloody miracle.....being completely lost in the stampede of Cappy criticism of player selection.

That stampede and fan dissent is entirely because Cappy's new look....new weird KPI driven line ups are losing by one point.

I hate Cappy's teams , especially this one, but he is so bloody close to tipping the balance of Warrior inconsistency....that I think people should take a closer look before spouting off.

Reactions: 6 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Yeah we are only going to get better , Vete, Lisone, Gubb, Tui, Kata Fusitua, Maumalo are only going
gaining more experience every round, We are a young side an are bringing a lot of players through
This year's addition Sipley, Afoa Jazz , Roach Just kind of puts it in perspective ,
but yeah we will have an experienced forward pack to play off the back off just not
for another season yet,

Reactions: 3 users
Jay M

Jay M

I'd hate to think all these backs in the interchange are cover for Shaun. I'm guessing that could be the only reason due to his injury. But that would be a stupid reason for it. Would rather full forward rotation without Shaun playing instead of a half pie Shaun and half pie forward rotation

honestly, I think he has to play, on one leg or not. Without him, I can't see us beating any other sides this year. Leuluai and Lolohea as a halves combination scares me.

Reactions: 1 users

diehard

Was done by Tim Sheens as well in 2004-05 and it won them the Premiership. At the time Im sure the Tigers pack was the lightest in the comp...
Size is only part of it. I'm talking about forwards who can play an up tempo game. It's not a matter of just putting them on the field. They need to be able to practice and execute a fast PTB, offload, and tackling the whole game. In basketball, there was talk years ago in the NBA of having five guys at 6'9" who were athletic, could handle the ball, rebound, and score. I'm suggesting the same thing for the Warriors. Take away the idea of a prop, and go instead for forwards who can do what I suggest. Believe me, Blair and Thaiday are not the props I have in mind.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Jordan G

If Foxsports is suggesting we'll actually go with a 4 forward bench then Foxsports hasn't been paying attention.

If Vete/Thompson both recover and Ayshford drops out (I would assume either Gavet/Bunty as well) what are the chances of Roache getting promoted over Tevaga just so we have that "back cover"?

• Haha
eric

eric

It'll be truly shameful if they do the double over us in NZ. Not many teams can say they've done that.

Old Sid

Desperately still crossing fingers for Bodene to come right for tomorrow. I reckon he's the difference between us getting two and no points... critical in the greater scheme of things.

mrblonde

mrblonde

As such selections will be weird if u subscribe to the idea that you play your most talented in their best positions over all that performance/attitude/ consistent eighty minute effort shit

"the most talented team" can equate to "the team with the most potential". Yes, they might give you a 9/10 performance, they have given you a 9/10 performance, but they also gave you a 5/10 run for the previous three weeks. Whereas a KPI team might never give you a 9/10, or only once in a blue moon, but also only once in a blue moon will you get a 5/10 - 7-8/10 is more their thing. And that's often enough to get you the W.

To qualify that slightly, we're varying in-game from 4-8 at this point - we shouldn't have had to come back from 6-22 last week, for instance, given the Raiders weren't playing all that great, as personified by their own average performance when we shouldn't have come back to force Golden Point.

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

honestly, I think he has to play, on one leg or not. Without him, I can't see us beating any other sides this year. Leuluai and Lolohea as a halves combination scares me.
oh well we have nothing to complain about then.

• Haha
Stylez Davis

Stylez Davis

No "official" updates yet but Afoa is currently playing for the Juniors in the current raiser so I'd think Thompson is playing.
Well that's good that Thompson is playing but fuck id rather ayshford drop off the bench

6 Again

VODAFONE WARRIORS v PENRITH PANTHERS

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland

5.00pm, Saturday, July 30

Referees: Grant Atkins and Chris Sutton

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA

2 KEN MAUMALO

3 DAVID Fusitua

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 MANU VATUVEI

6 THOMAS LEULUAI