• Yes

• Possibly

• Just a matter of FAITH

• No

• Always next year

Results are only viewable after voting.
surfin

surfin

Bloody Kata's ball greediness finally pays off........massive play but still owes us with the number of tries we haven't got when he hasn't passed in previous games.
Takes Shaun til last play to run the ball at the line,a great play but his lack of running and just shovelling it on and hoping for the best earlier in the game is severely costing us.As is his lack of ability to set us up for the field goal.
He needs to run it more....he has the ability but not the confidence.If you freeze it at the right spot on that last play you see Shaun Johnson running through 7 Panthers without a Warrior in sight and not a finger being laid upon him.Brilliant play by a fantastic ball runner.
Just need to see it more often.

The reason you see 7 Panther players, is the reason I pointed out earlier, they were so far offside they actually over ran Shaun Johnson.

Make it golden try - penalty goals and drop goals can still be added to the final score to find a winner but only after the full extra time has been played.

That, or use the bunker to see if players were offside after any drop goal attempts that aren't successful and give the bunker the power to award penalties!

Golden nothing for me, a full extra 10, winner takes all, then hopefully the refs remember the rules during the game.
Solid game from Ayshford, zero errors.

Reactions: 2 users
t-wade23

t-wade23

Very impressive game from the team good to see the forward pack stand up and for the first time in an long time dominated the opposition forward pack the late inclusion of Thompson and Vete were huge.

Fusitua has to be close this year as our best back this year always has had the talent but staying healthy this year has been huge for him glad he is succeeding.

Shaun Johnson was kicking game in general play was flawless esp in the conditions was outstanding and regaining Possesion.

Still have an issue with Cappy and his bench use again an waste of an spot for Ashyford being there would of been better to have Afoa or Gavet there just to give flexibility amongst the forward pack.

Wasn't impressed with Tevaga he's not an hooker and he is too small to play in the backrow and doesn't offer a lot the few weekshe has come on esp for Luke the momentum swings in the opposition favour too many times and he either makes an bad read in Defense on makes an error with his passing. Proberly be best for now if he was sent back to cup and developed at one position the same goes for Lisone as well too mistake prone talented player just needs to clean up the mess in his game.

Overall big win in terms of the season big confidence booster getting the golden point monkey off the back and hopefully make an late season push.

Reactions: 3 users
Jay M

Jay M

They were offside the whole time during golden point.

Hilarious, but Fusitua showed what a finisher can do, maybe he should have tried him there ages ago.

they tried him at centre last year - defensively he was sub-par and offensively he wasn't great either. this year - Fusitua has really come into his own and he probably is a contender for right centre for next year (depending on who they pick on the wings)

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Still have an issue with Cappy and his bench use again an waste of an spot for Ashyford being there would of been better to have Afoa or Gavet there just to give flexibility amongst the forward pack.
His stats analyst has a lot of input into the bench rotation, according to her.

Reactions: 1 user
Defence

Defence

Make it golden try - penalty goals and drop goals can still be added to the final score to find a winner but only after the full extra time has been played.

That, or use the bunker to see if players were offside after any drop goal attempts that aren't successful and give the bunker the power to award penalties!

Just fuck it off- one point each is fair.

Reactions: 9 users
Miket12

Miket12

Ex-Capt. Mannering: 58 tackles including three 1 on 1's + 114m = Legend!!!

Reactions: 13 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

Thank you Shaun Johnson
Awesome Try at the right time.
I Knew the game would go to Golden Point
I have da crystal balls

Lisone went really well didnt recognise him with his new Non Afro Haircut.
Vete was good

A Team effort..Well done Warriors
(Damm Heart Attack material ) :)

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Unless it is a mistake the NRL site has us at eighth and the Panthers are ninth. The points differential is identical but the Warriors have scored more points so go ahead.

Reactions: 1 users
Miket12

Miket12

Unless it is a mistake the NRL site has us at eighth and the Panthers are ninth. The points differential is identical but the Warriors have scored more points so go ahead.
If I remember correctly, there was another time this year when it also happened that we were ahead of another team for the same reason.

Jaka

did Manu make a mistake? was waiting for it all game, I dont think he did lol goooooooo Manu.

Maumalo had a shocker start, hes still a liability on defence but came home strong, still too much of the same as Manu

Lolo had a solid game, still lets the ball bounce, but had some nice touches, dont think the weather suited him.

Fusitua was good at Centre, hopefully be there for a very long time, good times ahead, cause he can cover a few positions.

my top 3 players ShaunyJ, Vete and Kata
I too was waiting for Manu to come unstuck.This solid play is infectious.Hope it stays

bruce

bruce

Contributor
If I remember correctly, there was another time this year when it also happened that we were ahead of another team for the same reason.
The Titans will be the key. We and Penrith both need to beat them, I wouldn't want to be in their position.

surfin

surfin

I too was waiting for Manu to come unstuck.This solid play is infectious.Hope it stays

I've got to admit I was waiting for the world famous play the ball fumble or the even more famous one metre off the line offload to Mansour.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Just watched Cappy's post match. A good interview, seemed in touch with things. H said that run by Shaun Johnson was planned because he knew he had a couple of tackles up his sleeve and they would rush him for a kick.

surfin

surfin

Just watched Cappy's post match. A good interview, seemed in touch with things. H said that run by Shaun Johnson was planned because he knew he had a couple of tackles up his sleeve and they would rush him for a kick.

So now they are playing to go to golden point. Masterstroke only out played by the "Put Lolo on in the 82nd minute play." :angelic:

• Haha
Miket12

Miket12

Cappy's use of the bench continues to baffle me. He didn't use Blake at all and, if it wasn't for the concussion test for Issac, Jazz would only have played 8 minutes. What is the man thinking?

Reactions: 1 users
Stone

Stone

For all the flak McFadden cops I have to totally agree with the others who have mentioned the noticeable change of attitude in this team, we've gone from a team who used to capitulate like clockwork in the last quarter of tight matches to a team who can consistently stay in the grind for 80+ mins

Cappy's use of the bench is still somewhat confusing, but you have to give the man credit for his part in turning us into a team that embraces the grind & I for one am willing to concede that maybe he actually knows a fair bit more about being a footy coach than most of us generally give him credit for

It's also noticeable that when our forwards run with aggression & purpose our backline play off the back of that is right up there with some of the best in the entire comp IMO, Fusitua's 2nd meat pie at the end of that perfectly executed set piece being a prime example of that

We're still not the finished article & we still go into our shell & make basic errors at crucial times, but we have definitely improved in some key areas & that is hugely encouraging IMO

At the risk of tempting fate I am willing to put it out there & say this team is quite possibly just one complete performance away from gaining a huge dose of confidence & self belief & maybe ... just maybe ... going on a real tear & if they can maintain that & keep improving on the basics we may not just make the 8 but also shock a few teams (& a few of us supporters) along the way

And with that I'm off to go & find my lucky pair of leopard print undies :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users