Will we make the top 8?

• Yes

• Possibly

• Just a matter of FAITH

• No

• Always next year

Results are only viewable after voting.

glory_hog

did Manu make a mistake? was waiting for it all game, I dont think he did lol goooooooo Manu.

Maumalo had a shocker start, hes still a liability on defence but came home strong, still too much of the same as Manu

Lolo had a solid game, still lets the ball bounce, but had some nice touches, dont think the weather suited him.

Fusitua was good at Centre, hopefully be there for a very long time, good times ahead, cause he can cover a few positions.

my top 3 players ShaunyJ, Vete and Kata

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Relief to finally get one of those golden point games, has any team ever had 4 gp games in a row?
Need to sort out Golden point Reffing it's beyond a joke the offsides now

jsmooove

jsmooove

Agree. It might be a good call if we can ahead in a few games to get someone to take the 1 so if we do get locked up in a tight game or golden point we can set up with options.

Talk from the side has been they have practicing golden point or setting up for a field goal. I know everyone's laughing there but even with a few games to go in the season we probably need to prepare for the likely hood of another few close games the way things are going.
as a team i think we are evolving. we have gone from a team who gave up in the last 20 minutes and let teams come win to a team thats pushing the limits and going into extra time. i feel all these golden point games will serve us well.

what are they doing to practice the field goal? is this just for setting Shaun Johnson for the kick?

Reactions: 3 users
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

I thought he had a shocker myself...

Two big screw ups by my count.

BTW, didn't know that Jim Doyle sits in the stands with us normal folks. He was sitting with us in Bay 32 for most of the game. Great guy, must have gotten soaked during extra time. Gives a great high five :)

Reactions: 16 users
surfin

surfin

as a team i think we are evolving. we have gone from a team who gave up in the last 20 minutes and let teams come win to a team thats pushing the limits and going into extra time. i feel all these golden point games will serve us well.

what are they doing to practice the field goal? is this just for setting Shaun Johnson for the kick?

Over the last few weeks the practice seems to involve Shaun Johnson getting tackled on the 5th, Simon passing from dummy half to Lisones feet, and Sam missing the ball when he tries to kick. Play as you train I always say.

• Haha
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Fusitua at centre worked so well so ups to Cappy too for that one
Well that will be cause for change.

Anyone who backs this Coach after that is just kidding themselves. Unless anyone at all ha sa shred of a reason why we are the only team that uses 16 players.

Really, just one reason.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

We are starting to resemble the Sharks from the last 5 years or so with all of these close games.

If we make the finals it would be good to have a side that can stay in the contest. Our heart rates will take a pounding but that's an issue for another thread.:p

The amount of possession we had in their 20 early in the game you would expect they would have atleast offended a couple of times. It felt like as soon as they got down to our end they got a penalty.:(

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

Have to agree.
I'm rapt with the attitude McFadden and co are getting out of these players.

They're trying to the death, warts and all, that's some feat with this side.

This is one of the longest stretches of eighty minute effort in years.

They're doing something right, I'm happy for them, finally getting a win out of it.

Reactions: 15 users
Miket12

Miket12

Well that will be cause for change.

Anyone who backs this Coach after that is just kidding themselves. Unless anyone at all ha sa shred of a reason why we are the only team that uses 16 players.

Really, just one reason.
Because he was saving Blake in case it got to Golden Point.... oh, wait..... never mind

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Albert Vete take a bow. 17 hitups in 36 mins for 145metres... Wow!!!

Reactions: 16 users
Hadyn

Hadyn

Bloody Kata's ball greediness finally pays off........massive play but still owes us with the number of tries we haven't got when he hasn't passed in previous games.
Takes Shaun til last play to run the ball at the line,a great play but his lack of running and just shovelling it on and hoping for the best earlier in the game is severely costing us.As is his lack of ability to set us up for the field goal.
He needs to run it more....he has the ability but not the confidence.If you freeze it at the right spot on that last play you see Shaun Johnson running through 7 Panthers without a Warrior in sight and not a finger being laid upon him.Brilliant play by a fantastic ball runner.
Just need to see it more often.

Defence

Defence

And for one of the most one eyed Panthers supporters in League Freak to be saying that.

How ironic would it be if the two extra points we got from the try instead of a penalty goal makes the difference in For and Against and us making the top 8? We would all be happy then!!!!

should've got a penalty in golden point against manly too.
I hate golden point.
Except for tonight- tonight it's good.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

glory_hog

I thought he had a shocker myself...
yea he had a couple of terrible moments, but he got involved, looked more dangerous then Fusitua was when he was out the back, I drier track he would have been even more deadly..... also the weather really made it hard for both fullbacks.

Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

should've got a penalty in golden point against manly too.
I hate golden point.
Except for tonight- tonight it's good.
Make it golden try - penalty goals and drop goals can still be added to the final score to find a winner but only after the full extra time has been played.

That, or use the bunker to see if players were offside after any drop goal attempts that aren't successful and give the bunker the power to award penalties!

Reactions: 5 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Make it golden try - penalty goals and drop goals can still be added to the final score to find a winner but only after the full extra time has been played.

That, or use the bunker to see if players were offside after any drop goal attempts that aren't successful and give the bunker the power to award penalties!
The Bunker....lol

Reactions: 2 users

kurgal

Thank god they didn't choke today. Can't believe it, 2016 will be remembered as "the golden point" Warriors season.

Anyway, so glad for the win. Could give Shaun Johnson a BJ right now (no homo). :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users