General NRL 2016 Round 21 - General Discussion

Which two games are you most looking forward to?

• Roosters vs Broncos

• Bulldogs vs Dragons

• Warriors vs Panthers

• Eels vs Tigers

• Cowboys vs Storm

• Rabbitohs vs Raiders

• Manly vs Knights

• Titans vs Sharks

Results are only viewable after voting.
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I wasn't aware, fortunately he's declared himself for us. I'm not sure about him being in the larger Kiwis squad but in this article Kearney shows he's definitely in his thinking.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/ru...ew-zealand-selection-mix-20160729-gqgdio.html

Manu's been a long time Kiwi and scored some crucial tries for us over the years, it'd be tough on him but I can't see Rapana being left out.
if Kearney has him in his sights he has to be a front runner. He is eligible for the Kangaroos because he moved to the Gold Coast from NZ when he was 10.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Fusitua is an interesting one, right wing?? ... maybe too early for him.
I didn't mean Fusitua as a wing option, he is going to be one of the best centres. I heard Mark Gasnier say yesterday that it takes at least 50 games to make a good defensive centre so Fusitua is getting close to that.

6 Again

I didn't mean Fusitua as a wing option, he is going to be one of the best centres. I heard Mark Gasnier say yesterday that it takes at least 50 games to make a good defensive centre so Fusitua is getting close to that.

Gas would know, Fusitua is a player that's easy to get excited about, I agree he could have a long career in the centers.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Graeme Hughes is calling the Manly v Knights game on Fox this arvo for Retro Round. Great concept.
Plenty here will remember him calling Warriors games in the early days, but those of us who grew up in the Winfield Cup era will also remember his distinctive voice as one of the soundtracks to rugby league. Well i do anyway lol.
I'm looking forward to the game just for the call. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Graeme Hughes is calling the Manly v Knights game on Fox this arvo for Retro Round. Great concept.
Plenty here will remember him calling Warriors games in the early days, but those of us who grew up in the Winfield Cup days will also remember his distinctive voice as one of the soundtracks to rugby league. Well i do anyway lol.
I'm looking forward to the game just for the call. :)
He was a great caller, I thought Rabs was disappointing in comparison when he started, I figured it was just because Channel 10 had lost the rights that they chopped Hughes. He used to play cricket for NSW and do some TV skits with Graham Lowe.

Jordan G

50 games total or 50 games in the centres? Does his wing games count as half a game in the centres because he can see and hear what the centreis doing/not doing?

bruce

bruce

Contributor
50 games total or 50 games in the centres? Does his wing games count as half a game in the centres because he can see and hear what the centreis doing/not doing?
He didn't say, I just assumed it was 50 games, he was describing how difficult it was defending as a centre compared with the forwards.

6 Again

Watching the Raiders dismantle the bunnies this arvo, geez they've been awful since those early rounds in March.

In saying that they'll probably take us to golden point when we play them in a couple of weeks.

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Watching the Raiders dismantle the bunnies this arvo, geez they've been awful since those early rounds in March.

In saying that they'll probably take us to golden point when we play them in a couple of weeks.
I honestly doubt it, they won't be looking forward to Mount Smart, but Mount Smart will be looking forward to them, unless we lose to the Titans, that might put a damper on things.

Trugoy

Trugoy

A Warriors game WITHOUT golden point would be just weird. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

6 Again

I honestly doubt it, they won't be looking forward to Mount Smart, but Mount Smart will be looking forward to them, unless we lose to the Titans, that might put a damper on things.

I was half joking, they should be brow beaten by the time they play us, they have the Storm in Melbourne next week so it could be more carnage for them.

A Warriors game WITHOUT golden point would be just weird. ;)

It'd be weird alright 3 in a row what are the chances, I'm with Hoffman when he said he'd like a game where it's won in the first 20 minutes.

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Raiders annihilated the Bunnies, How good are they and how good are we to have drawn with them in regulation time?

I think they are way better than what most on here think and only their 1 point for a draw earlier in the season is the reason they are not top four. (Sorry, excluding "Play the Ball")

• Haha
Sledge

Sledge

Manly are turning into a threat also by the look of it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Sledge

Sledge

Goya feel for the Knights, the are awful, dunno if Browns the man for the job. Bennet sure fucked them over.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Goya feel for the Knights, the are awful, dunno if Browns the man for the job. Bennet sure fucked them over.
He was just looking after himself, it was the bogus billionaire bogun that really caused the trouble, although they were in financial trouble before he took over.
Makes me wonder, all this political power in Sydney sticking up for Balmain and Parramatta and the like when the Hunter is one of the best league areas in the country with great fans, and was a foundation club (or almost) and nobody cares. They should start an AFL team there and get some attention from the NRL, just joking.