• Yes

• No

• Its OK

• Beyond caring

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Again

Not forgetting our defensive problems but we are going to need some quality second phase play to break down the Bronco's defensive structures. If we try our usual 2 block runners with a sweeping back line play, through the hands before the line we'll be turned away by the Bronco's time and again. Manu running over the top of Corey Oates is not guaranteed.

When we've beaten them in the past it's always been in part through our offloads in close contact, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Johnson and Luke will need to be consistently pushing up on our big men. But crucially we'll have to set that platform first which means no taking your foot off the gas at the line (talking to you Lillyman).

Who have we got in this side that can provide better than a 50/50 offload apart from Matulino? He could be more effective playing out wider in this game IMO. RFM can provide a decent offload but can he be selective with it?

Plenty for the coaches to think about in this one.

Reactions: 1 users

facefacts

We should be expecting a much better performance this weekend after everything the team has (deservedly) copped, but unfortunately whatever may be driving them to a better performance against the bronc's, whether it be anger, embarrassment, or whatever, wont be there all season. They're going to have to find something else to lift themselves to the required level of play and then the consistency needed to be any sort of threat to the competition.

There needs to be some drastic changes to the mentality of the squad to be any hope.

The real kicker is...what if we play just as bad this week, what if they cant lift themselves even after the week they've had...This could be McMuffin's job right here.

Reactions: 5 users
KiwiZ

KiwiZ

Nrl Warriors vs Broncos 2016 - Round 2
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
Its no doubt that the warriors are one of the hardest teams to predict when it comes to their consistency but what are your thoughts? We Seem to have the same team as last week with the only changes being RFM in for Henrey. The Broncos made the grand final last year and put up a great defensive effort against the eels last week. I'd like to think that we can turn the plates and get a win in but knowing the warriors, all i can do is cross my fingers. The warriors all ready have a talented side but last week proved mentality will have a big affect when it comes to games result

My prediction: Id like to confidently say that we are going to take a away win but with un-consistent games from the warriors you never know. I say its going to come down to the final minute and the team with the best attitude will take it home. Warriors by a drop goal from Shaun Johnson.

goldcoast-warriors-fan

goldcoast-warriors-fan

Who's going to the game? Anyone going to hotel la for pre drinks?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yea it annoys me from a work perspective but I'm not writing much these days so it doesn't actually have a major impact on my work anyway. I'm speaking more as a fan - it annoys me that a side is named and we debate, discuss, make our tips, predictions, fantasy selections etc based on being told this is the team. Then they sneak out a different team blowing all of that thought and discussion out of the water. It really doesn't happen in any other sport. Injuries happen and that can't be avoided but the NRL shouldn't let coaches actually blatantly deceive their fans etc. Maybe they need to push the team naming back to 24 hours before the game etc to give coaches more time but you just don't see this rubbish anywhere else.
Question.

Do you know something we dont? Is the team actually going to change or is it something youre expecting or more likely hoping for???

snake77

snake77

I'm off to the game.. I own probably 20 Warriors Jerseys.. not packed one.. going to hang out and have a good time versus worrying about the win. Never been to suncorp.. should be awesome and hey.. if the wobblies surprise me.. I'll be stoked.. but fully expect the Kata edge to let in 3 plus tries.
Suncorp is an awesome stadium. Been there for a few games when we used to head to Brisbane for holidays. Puts a shame to our stadiums in NZ both the venue itself and getting to and from the ground.

Also a good climate for going to night games even in winter.

Have a great time and shout yourself silly and remember if we lose we won't blame you.;) There is a whole other thread with pitch forks at the ready for that.:p

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Why RFM and not Vete?

Seems a strange choice. Vete on the bench makes it look quite good. RFM justs gives me the shits

Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Why RFM and not Vete?

Seems a strange choice. Vete on the bench makes it look quite good. RFM justs gives me the shits
In case Bodene Thompson goes down Im imagining???

Reactions: 1 user
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
In case Bodene Thompson goes down Im imagining???
yeah but Mutts could cover that or Lisone to lock and Manners to edge. Just not confident with RFM and I think having go forward impact from the bench from Vete is a better option.

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I'm going to the game with a few mates as Brissy is home town now.

Will be having a few ales at a few spots prior in the Warriors (20yr Anniversary polo - love that Moko).

Have no idea where the LA is but if it's somewhere between Queen St and Caxton St, good chance we'll be there at some point :D

As for the game plan, I've watched both games a couple of times, the only game plan I can see revolves around inside passes to big bodies running angles into the middle third.

That and kick to the corners and aggressively pin them in.

Not much I know but I'm no McFadden ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

I'm thinking RFM and Benry before him were selected because our coaches are super sensitive about the position of center.

Those two are some kind of hedging your bets from the bench for a team shamefully poorly represented at Center.

bobba

bobba

Watching sterlo they saying why LoLo on Te wings chuck him in halfs.

phil.kingston

I'm thinking RFM and Benry before him were selected because our coaches are super sensitive about the position of center.

Those two are some kind of hedging your bets from the bench for a team shamefully poorly represented at Center.
TBH RFM and Henry are our only backup choices for backrow...and i think the coach prefers (rightly so) to give thomson a bit of a break, cause he does get through a lot of work cleaning up for Shaun Johnson...as opposed to the pretender on the other edge :p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
MurrayTD

MurrayTD

I'm going to the game with a few mates as Brissy is home town now.

Will be having a few ales at a few spots prior in the Warriors (20yr Anniversary polo - love that Moko).

Have no idea where the LA is but if it's somewhere between Queen St and Caxton St, good chance we'll be there at some point :D

As for the game plan, I've watched both games a couple of times, the only game plan I can see revolves around inside passes to big bodies running angles into the middle third.

That and kick to the corners and aggressively pin them in.

Not much I know but I'm no McFadden ;)
Hotel LA top of Caxton st boss.

FAN

FAN

I just put 4k of my tipping money on US to WIN.........The real giggle is i'm not even DRUNK !! ( still at work )

But TRUST me, I will be if they don't WIN on Friday.........

Either way you look at it, good times are ahead for me.

I'm picking we are really going to stand up Friday night, it's make or break for Cappy, if we go down bad, he is GONE for sure, no question about it.

If we do OK, and only get beaten by say 6 to 8 points, he stays safe, for yet a few more rounds.
But TBH, I really think the boy's will fire this Friday night. No heat being a night game, we seem to go ok with the Broncos, and it's like playing at home with so many Kiwis in the crowd.

PLUS we are meant to get our BUTTS handed to us, so we have to WIN right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.