Team List NRL 2016 Round 19 - Manly vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Are you happy with the team travelling all the way to Perth?

• Yes

• Dont care

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glory_hog

Ken next to Ayshoford makes me happy.
Finally we get a taste of what Manu could have been next to a real center.
Ken is relatively defensively sound and he has better hands than Manu.

Lets see what power (when fed 'ball beats man' passes) can do.

Lets see if the acrobatics in narrow corridors of a Fusitua is needed, or the scortching speed and finesse of a Lolohea....I don't think so myself, I think Ken and Blake are about to prove why Ivans Kick to Manu was a nonsense and why a ball playing center is as valuable ala Jamie Lyon in your backline as any halfback.

If you can organize two of those (Warriors sign Whare, you can score Try's with any Warrior type inconsistent leaky edge winger and defend as a bonus on top.

So many things to like about this team.

The Warriors get back their back who is their best running meters prop in Manu and retain their other back who is their best second row like Wing for more running meters.

The Warriors forwards are pussies.

Just ask any Manly fan that has enjoyed seeing the Warriors dominated up front, dominated in the tackle, and driven backwards into last week.

The only forward that matches Manly is Manu Vatuvei.....he is the only Prop we have that takes hit up two and doesn't get bitch slapped.

We just caved in and added another Winger that is really a critical forward...we are going all in on the big running backs Warrior thinking.

Why not.

Might as well.

Hell with this configuration the Warriors could confuse Manly and instead of getting Manu to take hit up two, they could run it like this.

Fusitua does one.

Maumalo takes two.

The Warriors give Manu the soft platform Matulino and Lillyman milk on tackle three.

That leaves a
hell I like it, Manly will be so confused with at all these forwards and forward backs running at them, that I can see huge metres gained, with Luke and Kata carving up behind the ruck, and having Shaun Johnson weave his magic behind that, I would also have Mutt and Thomson target DCE all day.

Reactions: 1 user

The Truth

Forwards seem to go missing when we have 1 forward on the wing. Be interesting to see if they step up when we have 2.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
why am I getting unwanted flashbacks to having beast/minibeast on the wings? Used to be Manu and Billy too poo. We seem to have come full circle again. History indeed does repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Rilakkuma

Rilakkuma

The Lolo situation is pretty crazy... Before Shrek got wrecked, the plan was apparently for Lolo to be out long term number 6. Now Fusitua is our fullback and Tommy is leaving, it would be a good time for Lolo to start the transition.. But it appears that Cappy has forgotten his own long term plan and now Lolo is just a bench warmer.

I feel sorry for the kid. His situation/position/future changes every week!

Reactions: 10 users
jsmooove

jsmooove

Manu to play up the guts and take lillymans place and lolohea to take over the wing. Hopefully this is what will happen.
If lolohea is there for injury cover why not put manu on the bench. I know they had the Konrad experiment of carrying a back on the bench then playing him in the forwards but i believe manu would be the perfect man to cover that eg if we have an injury to say luke, tommy can cover 9, lolo to 6 and manu in the back.

if we have no injuries he could be a guy to come in change the moment of the game just with his hit ups

Trugoy

Trugoy

The Lolo situation is pretty crazy... Before Shrek got wrecked, the plan was apparently for Lolo to be out long term number 6. Now Fusitua is our fullback and Tommy is leaving, it would be a good time for Lolo to start the transition.. But it appears that Cappy has forgotten his own long term plan and now Lolo is just a bench warmer.

I feel sorry for the kid. His situation/position/future changes every week!
I feel ya man, but that's pro footy.
He can only control his performances, not the selection. He's just gotta get out there and play his ass off!

Reactions: 7 users

kabkram

I feel ya man, but that's pro footy.
He can only control his performances, not the selection. He's just gotta get out there and play his ass off!
Also cappy is playing for his career, there is no next year if we don't make the finals and Tommy's the one who's been at 6 during our fight back. Now whether that's through good luck or good management is another story.

Reactions: 1 users
unclesteve

unclesteve

Whilst I'm a massive Lolo fan, the team kinda makes sense. Manu is always in when fit and Ken has proven his worth.
Lolo is a rare talent but how do you drop a winger that's making 150 plus metres a game in mostly returns and hitups. You dont.
I rarely agree with our weird coach and maybe this means there is something wrong with me....but i kinda get his thinking. Just use the bench like a normal human/coach Cappy.

Reactions: 8 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

This squad gives a lot of options when you think about it from that POV.

facefacts

I'm not predicting how this will go....that would be fool hardy. But there is a precedent for two big Wingers, Wendell and Tiquiri ?

While Manu is not Lote, and Ken is not Loti, there is a precedent for two power big wingers...and it works quite well if both play well in the same game.....in fact if both play well in the same game the Sea Eagles are fucked (that would mean defending well....not try's only they can score type moronicy).

Big powerful wingers and outside backs in general are becoming more the norm, but they are also extremely skillful, with amazing agility and athleticism. ..Vatuvai and Maumalo have very limited skill sets and the agility of a couple of busses...big and powerful is great, but it cant be all your wingers bring to the position.

wazzas

This teams makes a lot of sense, no Vete and we need extra power going forward. Having Vatuvei and Maumalo at the back helps with this greatly, hopefully Lolohea plays longer than he did against Cronulla, but his knee is definitely giving him trouble right now. His speed usually gets him out of trouble when he is out of position or contesting a high kick in regards to his ability to jump, but his injury is preventing that right now. We saw last week Fusitua had to cover him on the right wing with bombs coming his way. No matter what team was picked, some people were going to bag it because Cappy chose it, makes no sense to me really, he is the coach so I will get in behind him.

Reactions: 5 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Fine with Lolohea dropping out, not so fine with him getting 10 minutes as a fill in. but that's what roache has been getting, teams still winning.

Put Lolo at half with Tommy at dummy half at the end of the halves.

That would make sense, maybe too much sense for cappy's bench logic.

We've had some good wins with power backlines in years past, vatuvei, laumape, hurrell, got us rolling, sub kata for hurrell, maumalo for laumape and fusitua does a hell of a better kick return than locke or tomkins.

You know the other teams don't relish having to defend zero soft hit ups in a set (well, until some of our forwards get their hands on it)

Good to see Gavet back in the mix, but he hasn't exactly been skittling blokes in NSW cup, gotta watch his discipline and play the ball a bit quicker, if he gets a run.

Will be very disappointed if they don't seize this opportunity to bury a team that's had the wood all over us. its a shadow of their past sides.

Blain

Blain

I Farkin hate the term Mini Beast.. Shit, lazy journalism right there. Billy Too Poo was nothing like Manu and they still called him that. They'll probably start calling Ata mini Shaun Johnson if he looks good.

Manly's pack and halves (including Tom a the back) will be the danger points here. I can't understand if Cappy goes for Gubb over Gavet, he doesn't offer the minutes or attack to justify a bench spot ATM. They pretty much only have props on the bench, so will be shooting ourselves in the face.

6 Again

The forward selection of our bench makes slightly more sense after reading that Toafofoa Sipley and Ligi Sao are both returning to the Cup side this weekend after injury, that on top of Vete's injury I can see Cappy doesn't have a lot of options there.

In saying that I would've preferred to see Gavet named in the 17 and not 18th man, to me he should be starting along side Lillyman with Matulino a bigger body coming off the bench to provide impact and bend the line against a tiring opposition forward pack, it still may happen that way we'll see but Gavet hasn't been far off in NSW Cup recently.

Lolo could start on the wing and provide the necessary cover for the back line but Ken hasn't done a thing wrong and deserves his place in the side where Lolo's form has been a little up and down recently, I picked both Ken and Manu on the wings after Roger Tuivasa-Sheck did his ACL and got slammed for doing so, I'm interested to see just how bad Ken is on that right wing.

diehard

No Ata on either of the three teams this week. Is he injured?

Yep, Manu on the bench, and Lolo at wing makes more sense. With Lulu on the bench and Ata at 6.

• Haha
eric

eric

This is currently our strongest available team - I'm happy with it & confident that they can do the job. Question marks over a couple of bench spots, but we have some injuries. Not much can be done there.

Last year I would've been terrified at the idea of Ken and Manu together... But I'm really excited. Ken deserves to retain his spot and it's good to see the Beast back. Hope he's close to, if not 100%.

diehard

I have no problem with Maumalo, and I'd prefer him on the wing to Manu. Manu is useless on the wing, as he'll never get the ball from Kata, and if he did, he'd be too slow to do anything with it. Forget the high ball to Manu, as he doesn't jump anymore. The best place for him is as an impact player on the bench. I don't say that as a criticism, as I think he'd make a huge difference carrying the ball up without worrying about getting a pass from Kata. Let him play 50 minutes, carry it up the guts for 15 carries, and then get him off again.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.