• Yes

• Average

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Still fairly glass half full, the warriors play side to side, its their whole deal, try to give Johnson space to scare the opposition fringes, weather like that is always going to hamper them.

Team will be slutted they travelled all that way, gave it a rip (as they should, not praising them for doing their jobs) clawed into position to win… and came out of the wrong side of the 50/50 plays at the end, what are the odds of j.trbuoayajeivich picking that ball up cleanly in the wet, bastard. Good player though.

Really not pleased with Johnson getting himself tackled before Lisone’s air swing, he should be well out of it ordering a hit up so he can take the shot or put in a different kick if its not on, and I guess Issac and TL are expecting Lisone to pass it on, but FFS guys.

6 weeks ago when it looked like we’d be doing well to finish 15th, just wanted the bastards to put in an effort every week, when the wins started coming, can’t help but look ahead to a finals berth. Which gets harder from here, but still doable. Frustrating thing is we aren’t as good as we look some weeks and not as bad as we look others, 8th or 9th is about our lot, and that's what it will be.

if its 9th and cappy is sacked, then he'll look back on games like that, and think he's a slippery ball bouncing of a desperate kata's hands (thought he rushed that a bit, probably impossible to slow yourself up in that situation, but if he let it come down half a second more...) from still having a job.

Tough gig.

Reactions: 4 users
CompletionRate

CompletionRate

Second game in and Bunty has already proven that he's a 200% better hole runner than Hoffman, runs off the hip like a pro. Ryan Hoffman is basically redundant at this stage.

Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

Second game in and Bunty has already proven that he's a 200% better hole runner than Hoffman, runs off the hip like a pro. Ryan Hoffman is basically redundant at this stage.

that's a bit harsh. I actually rate Hoffman's hole running. Last season he was going through holes regularly. The difference? Last season he had the Chad straightening and putting him through the holes. This season, Leuluai's not putting Hoffman away. Afoa looked good on the right on the weekend, but he was running outside Johnson.

I don't think you can say Afoa is better when Hoffman doesn't get to run outside Shaun Johnson (Thompson goes through the line off Shaun Johnson passes a lot too).

Afoa may well turn out to be a better hole runner than Hoffman. But Afoa is 2 games into his career, and Hoffman's played a long time...

Reactions: 6 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

that's a bit harsh. I actually rate Hoffman's hole running. Last season he was going through holes regularly. The difference? Last season he had the Chad straightening and putting him through the holes. This season, Leuluai's not putting Hoffman away. Afoa looked good on the right on the weekend, but he was running outside Johnson.

I don't think you can say Afoa is better when Hoffman doesn't get to run outside Shaun Johnson (Thompson goes through the line off Shaun Johnson passes a lot too).

Afoa may well turn out to be a better hole runner than Hoffman. But Afoa is 2 games into his career, and Hoffman's played a long time...

If Hoffman runs off Shaun Johnson he will look better. But he runs outside loo loo eyes who often takes much of the time and space from Hoffinator.

Late pass to Hoff whose markers are already on him. Shaun Johnson on the other hand straightened Cherry thus making a hole for Buntanator.

The moral of the story is....

Shaun Johnson is more of a threat than Tommy. Defenders come in on him. Tommy can break the line but is too slow to go all the way.

Reactions: 1 user
Jay M

Jay M

Konnie passed the ball for Don to score.

honestly, I think it has to be part of the game plan. They must be wanting Kata to hold onto it, because otherwise he would have been sent to reserve grade to work on it.

I don't understand the game plan, but it makes no sense if it's not part of the game plan.

Trugoy

Trugoy

honestly, I think it has to be part of the game plan. They must be wanting Kata to hold onto it, because otherwise he would have been sent to reserve grade to work on it.
Have to agree it's looking more and more like this could well be the case.

Donal

Donal

Coming to this late, so apologies for any duplication:

- Could have gone either way, we were competitive, though took us till the second half before it looked as if we were clicking. We can arm wrestle these days, instead of folding, which is a plus compared to where we were
- Loved those Shaun Johnson/Bunty Afoa moves. Liked the look of Afoa in general
- Matulino playing a lot better than earlier in the season
- Luke making a real difference now
- Thomas Leuluai had a strong game
- Mannering outstanding - 70 Fantasy points (if you don't follow Fantasy, 70 equates to an extremely strong performance)
- Shaun Johnson just excellent, every time he handles you wonder what's going to happen (in a good way, folks!) and so does the other team, which is why Afoa had clear runs, as Manly were completely focussed on Shaun
- Manu looked rusty, not one of his better days
- No idea what was going on with Lolohea sitting on the bench for virtually the whole thing. Are we just trying to prevent him looking elsewhere by including him in the 17? Or, was the plan, bring him on if something happened, but the 'something' never happened? On the face of it, looked a complete waste of a bench slot (and of Lolohea's talents)
- I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it: if we have any choice in the matter, could we stop going on these losing trips to Perth? And (apart from the odd excursion around NZ to develop the game) also stop going anywhere other than Mt Smart, where we have a better chance of winning?

Danpatmac

1. Manu came back too early, looks rusty, distracted but he will come right

2. Manu shouldn't have been selected, is passed it, no longer a fg quality winger

I know where I sit with it... lots of varied readings by forum members

Reactions: 2 users
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

2. Manu shouldn't have been selected, is passed it, no longer a fg quality winger

While I do not think that Manu has passed his "used by" date, you got me thinking on some of the greats of sport in general.

How good was Muhammad Ali in his day?
Tiger Woods was one of the greatest golf players that I have ever seen yet he cannot make the cut these days.

Sooner or later age catches up with everyone and also the game/sport in general changes and some players/teams fail to adapt to the change and miss the boat.
League has changed so much from the time I have Played/watched it and the new young guys pull off amazing arial feats to score tries these days that wingers like Manu could never hope to achieve, but in saying that he still has a lot of life left in him.

Miket12

Miket12

Manu should really have played either this week or last week with the NSWarriors. From what I've heard, part of his ongoing recovery is that he play league - I just don't think, at this stage, FG is where that should be occurring. I know people with a greater insight into the entire situation than what I've had are coming those decisions - but he just doesn't seem "right" yet. Plus, again only in my opinion, FG league doesn't seem the best place for "treatment" - but then I'm not qualified to make that call either.

If it's important to his recovery that he back into "normal routines" as soon as possible, have him train with the FG squad but play at a level more appropriate to where he's at until he shows he's able to move back up both mentally and physically.

That said, I don't think he is responsible for the loss on the weekend - I'm just commenting/offering opinions on what I feel should be happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
davewjnz

davewjnz

Maybe just put it down to it being the end of the SOO period.

We get ourselves nicely placed inside the 8 during SOO, then we put on our dumb face and fuck up by losing the ones we're supposed to win.

A case of deja vu!

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Konnie passed the ball for Don to score.
Because he was out of gas:rolleyes:
Maybe just put it down to it being the end of the SOO period.

We get ourselves nicely placed inside the 8 during SOO, then we put on our dumb face and fuck up by losing the ones we're supposed to win.

A case of deja vu!
The side is definitely playing better than at the start of the season. Canberra will show us more.

Dave Brough

Manu should really have played either this week or last week with the NSWarriors. From what I've heard, part of his ongoing recovery is that he play league - I just don't think, at this stage, FG is where that should be occurring. I know people with a greater insight into the entire situation than what I've had are coming those decisions - but he just doesn't seem "right" yet. Plus, again only in my opinion, FG league doesn't seem the best place for "treatment" - but then I'm not qualified to make that call either.

If it's important to his recovery that he back into "normal routines" as soon as possible, have him train with the FG squad but play at a level more appropriate to where he's at until he shows he's able to move make up both mentally and physically.

That said, I don't think he is responsible for the loss on the weekend - I'm just commenting/offering opinions on what I feel should be happening.
Manu should have started on the bench especially the weather how it was,and, came on with 20 minutes to go. With Manu in a fragile state the last 6 weeks I doubt if Cappy would have had the nerve to take him off,In case it stuffed him for the rest of the year.

Trugoy

Trugoy

If Cappy had put Tui on at least in the last 10 or so we would've been playing to win. By not doing that we were playing not to lose.
Guess that's Cappy style.

davewjnz

davewjnz

The side is definitely playing better than at the start of the season. Canberra will show us more.

You miss the whole point mate, was an attempt at light humour 2 days past o_O

I know how they've been going, my post related to this 1 game which happened to follow previous patterns following State of Origin.

Last edited:
ramps

ramps

Go back and look at the actual stats and I think you will find that it was not nearly as bad as what some on here suggest. However when it became popular to bag Konrad, the right edge was suddenly the worst in NRL history. In all seriousness, this forum offers little more than a platform for Warriors supporters to vent when we lose, bag our least favoured players and talk up those we like. There are very few on here that aren't guilty of it and I guess it's part of being a 'fan'. Kind of pathetic really.
Stats don't show you the one percenters and communication, you cant solely judge everything off a stat sheet. There seems to be so much more organisation and communication compared to before. But you are right about the 'fan' part but as long as everything is within reason don't you think there is more to this forum? maybe that some how the coaches/people in power may see these are relevant points and possibly take something out of it while teaching other 'fans' the truth so irrelevant 'keyboard warriors' font go on a rampage?

Mr Brownstone

But you are right about the 'fan' part but as long as everything is within reason don't you think there is more to this forum? maybe that some how the coaches/people in power may see these are relevant points and possibly take something out of it while teaching other 'fans' the truth so irrelevant 'keyboard warriors' font go on a rampage?
I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't enjoy it and there are some blokes on here that put a lot of effort in to what they write. However the post immediately before this one from you that I'm quoting is a pretty decent example of why fan forums can have a bad reputation amongst those actually playing and coaching the relevant sport. The true keyboard warriors are often completely full of themselves and are incapable of having any ability to listen to alternative points of view.
However I shouldn't really be casting stones, like many on here I'm hardly faultless.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
just heard on Monday night with Matty Johns that Tui received texts during the game from 3 clubs to come and play for them in a starting role at 6 or 1. And had 5 clubs talking to him before the end of the weekend. All with offers of a starting role at 6 or 1.

edit in the segment by Laura Pitt

• Haha

Jordan G

No surprise. Anyone can see he's extremely talented but without a real position.

Would bet the house that the Titans would be one of those teams. They've gone hard for a couple of young fullbacks and have told all their fullback options this year (Hoffman, Zillman, Mead) that they're free to leave. Tui would be an ideal fit.

Who's hs manager though? Texts during the game, 5 clubs interested. Does have that "manager trying to force the clubs hand" feel about it so who knows.