minute

Happy with the effort?

• Yes

• Average

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tragic

Tragic

So according to Lara Pitt, McFadden was asked to comment on leaving Tui on the bench till the 82nd minute and "he wasn't willing to be drawn into the conversation"

WTF's going on there Cappy?
Seems we're not the only ones confused about this, Gasnier and Anasta questioning it and rubbishing it big time.
Makes no sense.
If you're not gonna play the bloke, don't bloody pick him.
Sort it out man!
View attachment 19495

Put a Lara pic up next time you talk about her, mmmmm Lara

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jordan G

I really cant fault the effort, he had a couple of good kicks too, but there just isnt enough for a 6, Hoffman and Kata dont help with their lines though, he seems to get lost a touch positionally a lot at 6.

I don't like the way either of our edges are set up, the difference being that Shaun Johnson/Thompson are a scarier proposition for the opposition so more likely to make mistakes. It really limits our options completely. For TL it's made worse because he doesn't have that natural ability to make something out of nothing if need be.

Mr Brownstone

hey you are right but then again when how long has it been since we had a steady right edge? we used to get carved up on that edge
Go back and look at the actual stats and I think you will find that it was not nearly as bad as what some on here suggest. However when it became popular to bag Konrad, the right edge was suddenly the worst in NRL history. In all seriousness, this forum offers little more than a platform for Warriors supporters to vent when we lose, bag our least favoured players and talk up those we like. There are very few on here that aren't guilty of it and I guess it's part of being a 'fan'. Kind of pathetic really.

PNG Kiwi

Only a couple of things to say.

1. Give yourself an uppercut Cappy. Playing Manu after a lay-off, in those conditions, in Perth, against a guy like DCE...absolutely fucking retarded decision and enough to let me know he does not have a CLUE. Anyone who knows Manu knows that sort of game isn't the game you bring Manu back in for. You have Ken Maumalo, you have your go forward from the back. WHY OH FUCKING WHY do you play Manu, and leave Tui on the bench.

2. Give yourself a second uppercut Cappy for leaving Tui on the bench and playing Manu instead. Not since Dylan Walker in SOO have I seen a more retarded use of a bench spot. Then bring him on in GOLDEN POINT?! Wtf are you smoking. The only thing that springs to mind when I think of McFadden is No Fucking Clue.

3. We are the worst side in the competition in close games. Shaun Johnson takes the ball to the line on the 4th with the scores all tied up, takes the tackle, and no half or anyone even remotely competent in a drop goal gets into position. Instead, Sam Lisone takes a snap shot. Well done guys, that screams panic because you have no experience in tight games.

Game we should've won, we were all over that Manly side in the second half, yet went to shit when it counted. That last set we had in our own half in the 79th minute was one of the worst displays of rugby league I have ever seen in 25 years of watching. That alone was enough to convince me this side will not make the 8. No brains, no game smarts when it counts. Once we lose next week in Canberra it's essentially game over, a Warriors side chasing the 8 at the back end of the year is a side that ain't going anywhere.
Spot on, we have compensation here in the Highlands, Cappy if you come here you will pay big time.
My PNG princess questions my sanity following the Warriors, so do I at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

If Vete, Thompson, Lillyman are available it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hard to feel sorry for Gubb considering a big part of that charge is the fact he'd have loading from the stupidy of the Tigers game where he put in two shoulder charges in the same game.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I call your Five to Seven weeks grade 2 bullshit and raise your a Greg Inglis "unintentional" shoulder charge...

Warriors always getting screwed man.
Yip. Inglis breaks a jaw and gets 3 weeks off. Because Gubb has a prior record he gets 5-7 weeks for for a shoulder that didn't even get penalised in the game. I remember seeing Jamie Lyon flapping his arms around at the time.

Reactions: 2 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Even the guy who received the supposed shoulder charge had this to say....

Reactions: 14 users

sydneywarrior92

as long as he replaces Gubb with a tough running forward (Gavet, Sao, Vete, etc) I couldn't care less. If he replaces him with a small utility though, I know Cappy will have lost it.

Maddog

Maddog

From the stands, the Coach is the biggest issue, with some real dumb shit, it looked like he changed the gameplan at halftime.
The team on the field had their chance and blew it but better game management my have changed the result dramatically.

1.Fusitua - Solid game, doesnt really seem to know how to set up play for others though.
2. Ken, he really isnt a winger, we need players like him getting the ball on 3rd and 4th tackles not early in the count.
3. Blake - the 1st miss is forgiveable on Tom, the 2nd was unlucky, Kens fault really for coming in, but Blake was in a puddle and loses his footing, the rest of the game he was very good, he does a heap off the ball.
4.Kata, very much an instinct player at the moment lots of positional flaws for a centre, I would love to see how he would go outside of Tui on the Wing.
5. Manu- Dear oh dear oh dear,
6. TL, for me the game highlighted how we need a true 6, Tommy aint one but would be 10x better than Jazz as an impact Hooker.
7. Shaun Johnson was my Mom at the game, they stopped listening to him the more they tired, but I can tell ya, he spent the entire game telling people what to do and where to run, it was kinda sad.
17. Gubb, should be way down the pecking order at the club and Mutts should have started.
9. Bully had a pretty decent game.
18. James Gavet - I thought he was playing alright and deserved longer on.
16. Bunty- outstanding should have been put back on earlier, btw Shaun Johnson set the tries up and set it up a few more times but it kept going left.
12. Ryan - tried hard his combo with TL is tragic, add in Sol and Manu and its all solo stuff.
13. Manners was typical Manners, defensively he is a Beast, offensively meh.
14. Tui- What the Fuck, complete nonsense not playing with 17 in those conditions, IMO he should have been on before Jazz, even for a forward.
15. Lisone, some of the shit he does is fantastic but he really is defensively development challenged and dont get me started on the droppy or the ball to Shaun Johnson to start it.
21. Jazz- waste of a spot, another big body was called for.
Nailed it bro.

I've never rated Cappy but always hoped he'd come right. Although the last few losses haven't been though a lack of effort on the players behalf.
His use of the bench and selections (bar Bunty Afoa)have cost them wins.
The excuses and (lack of) logic have worn thin. Nothing but a Matty Elliot Protégé.

Reactions: 2 users

Dave Brough

Surprised to see that there's no noise here about Kata's stupidity just before half time, lifting the guys leg to give away the 2 points that ultimately beat us.
He should be fined big time from here till next Tuesday and made an example of with the rest of the team. Just a dumb move that cost us the game.
Surprised to see that there's no noise here about Kata's stupidity just before half time, lifting the guys leg to give away the 2 points that ultimately beat us.
He should be fined big time from here till next Tuesday and made an example of with the rest of the team. Just a dumb move that cost us the game.
What about Tommy's leg pull on the 5th tackle when we were under all sorts of pressure. What a dipstick a guy with his experience should have more brains.

Generally Little

Generally Little

On the offside debate. Trent Barrett was moaning about us being offside all game during the press conference. I haven't seen any example of us being offside, but maybe the refs were swinging both ways during this game.

Reactions: 1 user
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

The opportunities were there but were not finished off. All players get passes for effort.

A back and a Utility on the Bench gives the opposition effectively a two man advantage.

Too much Warriors play is if the preferred option doesn't work there is no plan B.

Nore to like than not to like, however, the concern is individually and as a playing and Coaching unit they are not developing i.e, learning from mistakes.

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
On the offside debate. Trent Barrett was moaning about us being offside all game during the press conference. I haven't seen any example of us being offside, but maybe the refs were swinging both ways during this game.

FFS our line speed was zero! Naught! Zip! We were standing still waiting for them to get to us for the majority of the game, unless they were getting down into our red zone

Maraea

Maraea

I'm not backing cappy or anybody really but my whinge is - some players are just so fucken dumb. farken dumb. dumby dumb dumb. Nothing fixes dumb dumb. I honestly wouldn't want to coach some of them. match that with inexperience or lack of skill and you've got a game full of missed opportunity.

Reactions: 9 users