General NRL 2016 Round 17 - General Discussion

Which two games are you most looking forward to watching?

• Roosters vs Bulldogs

• Broncos vs Storm

• Warriors vs Titans

• Tigers vs Panthers

• Sharks vs Eels

• Raiders vs Knights

• Rabbitohs vs Cowboys

• Manly vs Dragons

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jordan G

Is the young St Kents winger for Melbourne eligible for NZ? The young Fijian can spring

I would say no, he doesn't live in NZ, he's not a citizen, so no real claims.

He should be playing for Fiji.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

After our win we can watch the other games with less stress now.:)

The Tigers vs Panthers game was pretty entertaining. Defence was optional but it was entertaining.;)

The Panthers come back at the end was good for that particular game as a spectacle. As a Warriors supporter it would have been good for them to not have reduced the gap so their for and against took a bit of a hit.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Few points..
Kenny Edwards reminds me of a stronger Reni Maitua.
Bevan French is farkn fast.
When you're quite a few beers into a Panthers game, Nathan Cleary looks so much like Ivan it's like you're back in 2002 Warriors mode!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

A good game this one (Sharks vs Eels). Eels out to a good lead but the Sharks like a side on a big winning streak have confidence and staying composed and managed to get back into the game and now leading.

Also helps as they are on a winning streak the stadium is packed which helps with the atmosphere.

willemse

Fuck the NRL. The sharks are reffed for a win. They are offside by a mile and their ruck infringements are insane. I can't believe the shit they get away with.

Reactions: 3 users
James W

James W

Fuck the NRL. The sharks are reffed for a win. They are offside by a mile and their ruck infringements are insane. I can't believe the shit they get away with.

I completely agree. Knock ons, forward passes, offside they did it all!

I'd be bloody livid if I was an eels fan.

Side note. About time the Knights got their second win of the season?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Might be a little in the 'Tinfoil hat brigade' but the Sharks are reminding me of the Rabbitohs story from 2 seasons back when you could pretty much see early on they were going to win it with the way the media/Reffing all seem to jump on the fairytale story.

Miket12

Miket12

There was twice when Fifita made mistakes that I'd be livid about if I was an Eels fan as the Sharks scored straight after them: the first one, one of the refs yells at Fifita to play the ball correctly, he doesn't but the refs still award the try. The second was a knock on in a tackle on Fifita which the refs "missed" and he loses control of the ball and then picks it up again and the Sharks scored during the next play. Of course, both tries weren't referred to the bunker.

Last edited:
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Awesome to see the Knights kicking some Raiders butt. A win by the Knights would be good for the Warriors in relation to the points table.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
The coverage shits me sometimes, did anyone see a replay of where rapana came from? Isn't the tv supposed to see what the bunker sees?
Was rooting hard for the knights dammit!

Warrior482

Warrior482

Yep, the refs seem to get on one team every year, hope its our turn soon :woot:
Geez the rabbits must really miss the good old days when the refs played utility for them...

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

The coverage shits me sometimes, did anyone see a replay of where rapana came from? Isn't the tv supposed to see what the bunker sees?
That was annoying. It was like they didn't want to disrupt the Raiders celebration and get the game decided so they could move onto the next scheduled programme.

The Bunker reviewed and cleared the offside quickly. It worked how I thought it would when they first explained the Bunker when it was first announced in that while the coverage was on the Raiders players celebrating the Bunker could review the play and clear things before it is shown on the broadcast.

That is how I understood how things were supposed to work. It has looked like the majority of the time we have been seeing the same replays as the Bunker as they work through it. So it was strange at a crucial part of the game where the outcome was decided they just cleared the offside and didn't show it to the viewers.

snake77

snake77

I caught the Raiders vs Knights game when it was 24-22 and Croker was lining up the kick to get it to 24-24. A good finish to it with the Raiders getting the field goal and it looked like they had the game locked up before the Knights managed to get a field goal of their own.

A bit of a freaky bounce on that last try. Good to see the Raiders pushing up on the kick in; you need to be there in case something happen. A lot of players just watch the kick to see whether it goes over or not. They were there to take advantage of the bounce of the ball.

The poor Knights can't take a trick at the moment. Winning or losing becomes a habit. Now that we have played them twice and I'm not worried about us getting tripped up by them it would be good to see them get another win or two. It's been a long season so far.