• Its OK

• Bench is weak

• No

• Terrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunedin warrior

Coming straight from origin is a big advantage in our favour. Maloney misses a lot of tackles so Queensland should target him for a lot of work. Similarly it's going to be Gallens last origin series so he will exhaust himself. Holmes is a big danger and hurt us badly last year.

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

This game reminds me of the Rooster game in Sydney last year. A lot of optimism before that game as our form started to turn and we were climbing up the table. Lets hope this weekend turns our better than that game.

The last 3 weeks have given us reasons to feel a bit optimistic but there has still been this question mark or uncertainty on how well we are actually going. This weekend should answer a lot of those questions.

The Sharks are going well and have a big winning streak at home. No one spoils a party like the Warriors.:D
This club has spoilt enough of it's own parties over the years.:(

Good to see the side is pretty stable. Winning helps in that regard as there is less question marks about form. A few injuries but with the length of the season that is to be expected.

Trugoy

Trugoy

Reality is they are so strong across the park.
From Barba at the back looking like he's returning to that unstopable 2012 form, all the way up to Fifita man handling the opposition at will up front.
Like we're all thinking, this game will show where we're at this season, and as corny as it sounds, whether we're pretenders or contenders.

Genuinely nervous about this one.
A win could galvanise an actual finals run, especially a tough win.
But a big loss could drop our confidence just as its rising, and the shaky ground we've managed to stabilise over the past few weeks, could well start the shakes up again..I mean, it is the Warriors now.

One thing I'm encouraged by though, is the way the boys reacted after the Roosters win. They were stoked. It was obviously a very tough game for them and their reaction spoke volumes.
Oh, we have some pretty decent talent as well.
Up the boys!

Last edited:
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
In this game as long as we complete our sets and our defense is on target.
I think we can win .
4 of their guys are backing up from origin. If they have to tackle back peddle and tackle then i think were in it wont be a big win but we only need to beat them by 1 point.
WARRIOR FOR LIFE.

diehard

Love the enthusiasm.
Have u seen the sharks this year bro ?
I hope our club don't share your confidence.

I hope our club go into this realising they are playing the Monster.

They are all that.

If we beat them I'll be singing our greatness for the rest of the season.

It will take a phenomenon to get this one.

If we do....we deserve to go all the way.

This game is 100℅ when shit gets real.
I've seen them play every game. The Sharks are my second favourite team. Love their spine and team. But it's all about momentum. We need to start well and put them on the backfoot. In the second half, Gallen and Fifita will get tired from origin, Maloney will act silly, and Bird will get clocked by Kata. But yeah, the Warriors will need to bring their A game to win.

Reactions: 1 user
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

This game is on at the same time as the 3rd Test between the All Blacks and Wales. What to watch? What to watch? Hard decision.

Who came up with that kick off time?

I'm a bit worried about the Sharks more than the Roosters, because I knew the Roosters were in a bit of trouble, and the Sharks aren't.

I do hope the Warriors can match them, and come on well.

We need everyone firing and we need Johnson, and Luke, to get us around the field.

Johnson can pass the ball all he wants, but choose that one moment in time to go before it comes crashing down. Because if he chooses that one moment early, then I'm sure we can get confidence from that, and pile it onto the Sharks. But if he we don't and they start getting a role on, then I'm turning it over to the test match.

Like I said I'm worried.

Pete

Pete

Poor old Jazz. He is awesome but we win without him. Or did he do something to get dropped? He seems to be the number two hooker in my book but never ever break a winning team I guess is the theory

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

See I see us winning this , Fafita an gallon give away penalties
if we take the two like a team that wins would do We will be sweet

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Have I read it right? Lillyman to back up and Mutts moves to the bench for him??? nah no way fuck off cappy BIG mistake! and Sipley gets arsed? this is a huge chance to roll these dickheads and the clown prince of coaches plays a deadmans hand! and TL is playing? fuck me bruvvers we are history! great chance to let the boys loose whilst confidence is high, I actually feel sorry for Mannering he must want to let rip but ha to bite his lip. Fucken unbelievable if they go this way.

Defence

Defence

Sharks deserve to be favorites - what have they won? 10 in a row?
Can't stay up forever tho- they're due a loss so might as well be us.
I remember us breaking a record winning streak that the Bulldogs were on years ago.
It's the type of game I could see us winning actually.
Or we could get a touch up......this is the Warriors.

Swanley

Swanley

It's the type of game I could see us winning actually.
Or we could get a touch up......this is the Warriors.
This should be the 1st and last post of this thread!

sums up the forum really when it comes to this game.

Reactions: 2 users

Billy Teets James

I feel good about this game. It all depends on how princesses vagina is feeling.
Hes the key, I can see him accepting the challenge that the cronulla halves pairing will bring.

I was more nervous about the Roosters game.
Because they can play off the cuff, As well as structured. But also are very aggressive.

Sharks are very similar to Broncos & Melbourne this year.
Very disciplined, And structured.
I see their fans think that is our down fall?
To structured for us? Lol
Although they have the players that can play off the cuff style like us. They have pretty much stuck to the structures implemented by the coach. And is serving them well.
We are the team to upset the apple card. Our style suits teams that play like that. We force teams like Melbourne & Brisbane to try play cavalier footy. Because those teams have defensive structures in place that are meant for structured attacks. We don't stick to them lol....We must be a nightmare to coach against.... only IF we are in that mood.

I'm not so worried about the forward battle. It's the backs that could cause a problem.
Especially on big Kens side.
I'd rather Ken partner Ayshford. Bit more experience and probably our best defensive back.
Fusitua to partner up with Kata (Pass the ball siana!)
We have some powerful mofos in our backline! We should be having plays that isolate the opposition. One on one with our big boys. Kata/Fusitua/Maumalo...Good ol Brute force. Shaun Johnson/Lolo...Speed and foot work

I do feel good......Mind you, I do every week! Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
We beat them last time we played at Shark Park, after the buzzer and sadly a different team.

I think we can win but head says Sharks by 14.

Too many niggles for our boys. Gotta say though they have toughened up since the Kon left, lucky he's out injured for the Tits, they started dropping a couple Shane the Hurrelled up!

C'mon Wassies!!!!!

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
NRL: Warriors to monitor halves pair Shaun Johnson and Thomas Leuluai ahead of Sharks clash

The Warriors are sweating on the fitness of halves Shaun Johnson and Thomas Leuluai but both are expected to be fit to play in Saturday's NRL clash against Cronulla.

Leuluai suffered a head knock and laceration that forced him from the field in the early stages of Saturday's scrappy 12-10 win over the Sydney Roosters, but has passed the required concussion tests and is recovering well.

Johnson carried a quad strain into the Mt Smart Stadium match and although his running and involvement was affected, the Kiwis international still managed to produce the match-winning try 16 minutes from fulltime.

Both players will be monitored at today's team training and throughout the remainder of the week, but coach Andrew McFadden was confident they will be cleared to face the Sharks at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

"I think both will take their place," said McFadden.

"Thomas has passed all of his concussion tests but we'll just wait and see how he trains today and how he feels and then we'll see if he gets the all-clear.

"Shaun's still a bit sore but we'll wait and see how he goes today."

Youngster Ata Hingano has been included on an extended bench and could be in line to make his first grade debut if any problems arise with either Leuluai or Johnson.

The 19-year-old Junior Kiwis halfback has been in strong form at five-eighth for the Warriors reserve grade side and McFadden said it was a good opportunity to give him some experience among the first grade squad.

"He's been playing very well this year," he said. "He's only very young but there's certainly a lot of upside and just bringing him around the team at the moment is a good experience for him.

"We'll see if he gets his chance at some point."

The Warriors head to Sydney looking to extend their midseason revival with a fourth-straight victory, against the table-topping Sharks who are unbeaten at home and on a 10-match winning run.
- NZ Herald

mode81

mode81

That game at Shark Park against the Cowboys showed how the Sharks operate. Completions, discipline, low mistake rate, killer blow. Just stayed with the Cowboys all game and frustrated JT & Morgan.. finished them pretty much with Valentine's try. Truly grind you down give you nothing team.. some real experienced heads in that team even without Gallen and Fifita. Lewis, Prior, Ennis, Graham, Tagataese, Heighington all uncompromising seasoned NRL veterans.

Barba back to his best. They got a nice looking backline no wonder they've won 10 in a row. Similar to Cowboys last season on their winning streak. Could eventually lead to a title for them. Loving the praise for them and well deserving.

I'm liking our coaches thinking though, just worry about us. That's the key, nobody gives a chance. This is the ultimate test of character for this team and club at this point in time. This is the game that elevates McFadden and the team to genuine threats in both aspects, as a team and as a coach. Or the usual calls to sack him again the week after a loss. Hostile territory this is a dream scenario for our team.

Warriors are the type of team that just pulls out those bizarre performances out of nowhere, capable of some crazy league. I'll never write our chances off with Shaun there. He's the key to the whole game if we stick with them.

Reactions: 3 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Hopefully both TL and Shaun Johnson are able to play against the Sharks. If they are both out then we would be totally rooted.

Jay M

Jay M

Fingers crossed Queensland injures a few sharks players tonight :)

diehard

Don't you think Lulu should be careful with that concussion and cut? Surely he should monitor it carefully, and maybe come in if we don't make the 8 at the end of the season. And the Super League in Europe is more suited to his style. Please Cappy, put Ata in? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.