Post Match NRL 2016 - Round 16 - Sharks vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Based off this game have the Warriors turned a corner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Why does Shaun kick for touch from a penalty and aim to gain 10m, maybe 15 at best instead of 30-40? (I can understand it against the wind, so that's not the reason). It takes 3 more tackles to get to the point where we should be playing the ball from the kick??

Anyone.... please??
Maybe because he has missed touch on a penalty at least once this year.

Reactions: 1 users
brightman

brightman

Agree 100% but that did not lose us the game. Luke missing the conversion cost us two points and sent us in to extra time.

Perspective :D
Perspective?! Yeah Wright, Ayshford unselfishly delivered a try to Wright on a platter. Perspective is a 4 point try trumps a missed 2 point conversion and then there is the loose ball Wright should have secured but instead let in a try. We're up to an 8 point turnaround now, how's your perspective or are you still delusional?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

pantera nhl

So Cappys statement is fair so back to the reserves for Lolohea & Manu is a defencive liability as well
& Wright is a better winger because of his defence
So Cappy what is loloheas best position
Actually who is the best by their position in the club
Put that team on the park
David Fusitua Currently N0 1
Winger Jono N0 1 Definites for next week

unclesteve

unclesteve

Cappy blaming Ayshford now. No, you are to blame you clown. You want the players to take responsibility for their errors how about you lead the way and start taking some responsibility for yours.

Reactions: 6 users
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Cappy blaming Asyhford for Wrights fumble.... please.

Asyhford has been putting Lolohea and Fusitua in for try's for days this season. Even, unselfishly, put Wright in for a try earlier in the match.

Why can't he see that Wright is just incompetent in his position? Trying to cover his ass for such a fucked up decision.

That's why you replaced Wright 60 mins in, aye Cap??

:rolleyes:

6 Again

Okay, so you've cleared that up and I agree with much of what you say including not seeing him further inside than center.

Yes he has defensive issues many of our players do but if you follow Cappys logic then Manu shouldn't be selected on his wing he's more of a liability than Lolohea.

Sorry mate I'm struggling to buy into this one. I don't like him much at fullback but he has been great on the wing on both sides of the ball. It's just a panicked decision IMO, the babies gone out with the bath water.

Reactions: 2 users

diehard

Remember when Cappy said that Lolo was so valuable that he'll find a place somewhere for him to play? Maybe last year or the start of the year? Now he can't play him because he's a defensive liability? Teach him. Isn't that what coaches are for, rather than punish him?

Reactions: 3 users
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Freddie... Freddie... Freddie... I've heard it all now. So Lolohea is a shit defender is he? This is the same bloke that has pulled off some of our best defence is years? He's shit under the high ball is he? This the same bloke who took one in golden point and won us a game? Fullbacks get beaten all the time. They're on their own defending the entire width of a field against guys usually at full speed. Fusitua himself misfired on stopping Leutele. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck couldn't tackle his way out of a wet paper bag.

Serious question, aside from one on one against a line break, give me some examples of Tui missing tackles that cost us tries? Or dropping bombs that cost is tries. I for the life of me can't remember one. Sure we can make shit up to suit an argument but that one is a massive head scratcher. I can certainly remember Johno Wrong dropping a chip kick against the Roostrs costing us a match singlehanded for what it's worth.

Perhaps of the bloke was given an opportunity to sustain a position rather than be pushed to the side to accomodate journeymen like Wrong, Ayshford, Robson. Leuluai, then we can start to appraise his defence. He gets shuffled more than my ballsack.

As for shit defence, look no further than Issac Luke (and of course Roger Tuivasa-Sheck). Issac was beaten stone motherless twice for line breaks, one of high was a try.

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Perspective is a 4 point try trumps a missed 2 point conversion and then there is the loose ball Wright should have secured but instead let in a try. We're up to an 8 point turnaround now, how's your perspective or are you still delusional?
What sent us into extra time was that we were tied 18-18 with the top of the table team who had won ten on the trot.
Can't question that as it is fact.
Reason we were tied at 18-18 is that Luke had missed a conversion that would have seen us win the game 20-18.
Another fact.
Take away all the missed tackles dropped balls etc and we still should have won that game.

Sorry mate I'm struggling to buy into this one. I don't like him much at fullback but he has been great on the wing on both sides of the ball. It's just a panicked decision IMO, the babies gone out with the bath water.
If you go back through all my previous posts this year you will see that I have always liked LoLo on the wing, he has played some great games there, I just don't see him as a half or a fullback, hope that clears it up.

As for Wright I have never been a fan and the only reason that I can fathom as to why Cappy continues to select him, Nah sorry can't fathom.

• Sad
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

So Lolohea is a shit defender is he?
Re-watch the Broncos game.
This is the same bloke that has pulled off some of our best defence is years?
Agree 100% but this was when he was on the wing, not at fullback.

He's shit under the high ball is he?
Always lets it bounce, never seen him take a HIGH kick on the full.

This the same bloke who took one in golden point and won us a game?
Agree 100%, but where was he playing? Oh, on the wing.

He is great on the wing and have consistently maintained that, but he is shit at fullback.

Dave Brough

Now Cappy is blaming Aysford for Wright's missed try catch.

NRL: Andrew McFadden defends decision to bench Tui Lolohea
3:04 PM Sunday Jun 26, 2016
GettyImages-539380046_620x310.jpg

Tuimoala Lolohea of the Warriors. Photo / Getty
- NZ Herald[/QUOTE
So Cappys statement is fair so back to the reserves for Lolohea & Manu is a defencive liability as well
& Wright is a better winger because of his defence
So Cappy what is loloheas best position
Actually who is the best by their position in the club
Put that team on the park
David Fusitua Currently N0 1
Winger Jono N0 1 Definites for next week
Yes,and Ashford will be dropped to reserve grade for that terrible pass

Last edited by a moderator:

6 Again

If you go back through all my previous posts this year you will see that I have always liked LoLo on the wing, he has played some great games there, I just don't see him as a half or a fullback, hope that clears it up.

As for Wright I have never been a fan and the only reason that I can fathom as to why Cappy continues to select him, Nah sorry can't fathom.

I think people have jumped on your initial comment but now you've cleared it up I can see your point of view.

Reactions: 1 user
Stone

Stone

Man reading those articles has made me feel even more bamboozled than I did before

It's like one step forward followed by two steps back with this guy

On the one hand it's very encouraging to see that McFadden recognizes that Fusitua > Lolohea at fullback

But then he more or less kills that encouragement with his reasoning behind benching Lolohea & starting Wright

Blaming Ayshford for that bombed try is just weak IMO, sure the pass was slightly high & slightly behind Wright, but you just have to catch those at this level, especially when you are unmarked in a tight match with the try line beckoning

Now while I personally never expected (or wanted) the coach to come out & publicly bag Wright's performance, I would've never expected McFadden to defend him by essentially bagging other players (Ayshford / Lolohea) either

The thing that really leaves me SMH in disbelief is that it's now pretty much 100% confirmed that McFadden obviously really (REALLY ??? lol) rates Wright

This means that we are IMO more or less guaranteed to see Wright in the starting line up again, probably more than once & as more than just cover too

That's just o_O :confused: :banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

diehard

If Wright is so good, and our #1 winger, he's sure to pick him against the Titans, or he's a hypocrite. I hope he's a hypocrite.

Manu is available but unwanted???

FAN

FAN

Well I've gone thru the NRL ladder predicter and I recon with the Eels dropping 12 points the Warriors will finish in 7th place and either have to play the Broncos or the Raiders, would that be a pass mark for Cappy?

God I hope not, but in the eyes of JD and Watson......yeah pretty much. Can see it now, Warriors make the 8 first time in 5 years, Cappy held in high regard, long live Cappy......:banghead:

• Haha
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Fafita 187 metres and Gallen 199 metres and this was after they played more origin than Lillyman who ran for a paltry 62 metres, Gallen was even injured! THIS is what cost us the game, Lillyman plays less origin then tries to back up but can't effectively costing us the win! I hope he feels like shit 62 fucken metres, go home you weak waste of space, give a real BULL a run. Origin fraud! The warriors have always had tough forwards but not this clown.

• Haha
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

So by your hypocritcal logic Luke's missed conversion is greater than Wright's missed try?
Not really, just putting a little perspective into the vitriol and attacks on one player as many of the players made mistakes in that game.
i.e. It is a team sport and we win as a team and lose as a team.

No matter what, I support the team and am proud that they held the top of the table team to a draw after 80 minutes, what happened after that was not Jono's fault.

Reactions: 4 users
rugged

rugged

Fafita 187 metres and Gallen 199 metres and this was after they played more origin than Lillyman who ran for a paltry 62 metres, Gallen was even injured! THIS is what cost us the game, Lillyman plays less origin then tries to back up but can't effectively costing us the win! I hope he feels like shit 62 fucken metres, go home you weak waste of space, give a real BULL a run. Origin fraud! The warriors have always had tough forwards but not this clown.
You must think Cappy is a genius, you were convinced we had a side that was was going to get smashed. Yet Cappy managed to get them to golden point. What a super coach!

• Haha