• Yes

• OK

• Bench is weak

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking a loss here actually.

Odds stacked in our favour, home game, coming off 2 good wins, and it's the Channel 9 Aus game. This squad will have lost that desperate feel they've carried into the past two weeks and will come out expecting a win. Conversely the Roosters will be desperate and I think their forwards will shit all over ours. Napa, JWH and especially SST will be too much for our guys. They got thrashed last week and will be out to atone. We'll be complacent and expect things to happen in our favour just by turning up.
Yep it smacks of exactly one of those games.

In a way I'm glad the Warriors are walking into an Ambush.

There is no better way to expose the bullshit from the truth with this lot. Looking forward to seeing if they walk into this one with eyes wide open.....or they swan out there against an angry Sydney club....with their own delusions about players meetings and needing to start enjoying their own style of footy....get back to the brotherhood nonsense.

A classic case of a team rated on Paper vs a team with nothing lose.

The Chooks will be banking on the Warriors showing up with a sense of false self confidence.

If they win this they will deserve it, and there maybe hope for a token surge at the title. Otherwise if they narrowly lose, they will be still looking for silver linings and stringing themselves along for another week of cliche in the media.

If they get beaten soundly, they will sink to a ever darker place than the last........in theory that thought should be enough to have them show up to play.

I have no faith anymore that they understand what is on the line in this competition. I watch these games now with a voyeuristic fascination about this era of bro before pro and when they don't try....u just shrug your shoulders and figure kids been schooled, such is the circle of life.....like watching a nature program on discovery....the evolved versus poorly adapted.

Other days you imagine hanging in there and seeing the moment the penny drops.

Last edited:
I am nervous as about this one. I think the start is the key if we can get on top early their confidence will drop.

Yep it smacks of exactly one of those games.

In a way I'm glad the Warriors are walking into an Ambush.

There is no better way to expose the bullshit from the truth with this lot. Looking forward to seeing if they walk into this one with eyes wide open.....or they swan out there against an angry Sydney club....with their own delusions about players meetings and needing to start enjoying their own style of footy....get back to the brotherhood nonsense.

A classic case of a team rated on Paper vs a team with nothing lose.

The Chooks will be banking on the Warriors showing up with a sense of false self confidence.

If they win this they will deserve it, and there maybe hope for a token surge at the title. Otherwise if they narrowly lose, they will be still looking for silver linings and stringing themselves along for another week of cliche in the media.

If they get beaten soundly, they will sink to a ever darker place than the last........in theory that thought should be enough to have them show up to play.

I have no faith anymore that they understand what is on the line in this competition. I watch these games now with a voyeuristic fascination about this era of bro before pro and when they don't try....u just shrug your shoulders and figure kids been schooled, such is the circle of life.....like watching a nature program on discovery....the evolved versus poorly adapted.

Other days you imagine hanging in there and seeing the moment the penny drops.
Geez "Dave", every issue you've highlighted points to poor man management by the coach. It will be a good test of character for the whole team, McFadden included. But so is every game and perhaps Sir Henry will help them to realise what's at stake as there is no doubt in my mind his influence has manifested of late.

Reactions: Sup42
I am very uncomfortable with this game, two wins in a row, Maxwell reffing, SKD usually kills us for 80mins, Chooks belting last week, multiple Chooks returning to the side, Maxwell reffing and the real challenge of Jarred Maxwell officiating. Hope I'm wrong but get the Sack Coch Cappy thread warmed up....
What are the chooks paying? that would be a good bet I rekon

The key to this one, as in any game of League or Union ever played, will be decided in the forwards.

The key man for me is Luke marshalling a front row and bench lacking the experience of their opposites. He needs to have them on the front foot from the outset. None of the bad habit of reacting to what the opposition is doing.

Vete, Lisone, Gubb and Sipley are all good players who have the ability to gain the necessary platform if they are guided right, add in Maumalo, Fusitua and Kata, to help carry that defensive load and there is no reason why they can't win well.

That direct, straight running where TL and Shaun Johnson are playing straight and to the line is freeing up space for the outsides who will finish opportunities.

Summarised, more skills and brains and less brute force and ignorance.

While we are all preparing for the typical Warriors "Build up and disappoint" performance,

If the Warriors do come out and belt the Roosters as they should do on paper (but again tend to disappoint),

Can we consider the corner finally turned??

I'm on the Mt W buzz from last week - I'm expecting nothing short of a good old Mt Smart romp - Roast Rooster for dinner.

We shouldn't expect anything else no matter what history tells us.

Reactions: Off The Bench
I'm hesitant to say we have turned a corner until we play Cronulla over in Sydney. Last year we had a couple of 3 week winning streaks but never really looked that great.

I'm waiting until we play one of the sides that is going well.

Now all of the above is a discussion I'd prefer to have after the Roosters game as it sounds like I'm over looking our current opposition. Their positon on the table isn't too flash but their roster still worries me and I'm still sceptical on our form.

Reactions: Afakasi247
Can we consider the corner finally turned??
I don't think so, 3 on the trot will be great and is a shot in the arm for our season but the reality is the Roosters are 2nd to last and the Knights last. The Sharks are a team with real strength of character and are top of the ladder for good reason, they'll be hard to beat but a good showing will put us in good stead to take on the Titans, another team showing strong character.

If we are competitive against the Sharks and beat the Titans then there is no doubt the worm has turned

Corner turning evidence will be seen/not seen at about 9:30PM Saturday 25 June for me.

To beat the Sharks away, given how they're going and boy are they much better to watch nowadays, is the real test.

Reactions: Afakasi247
I'm waiting until we play one of the sides that is going well
To be fair, our mini-streak did start against the Broncos.

We usually beat the team's we shouldn't, and falter against those who we should (that Tigers game still haunts me).

I agree that it's season - defining how we go against the Sharkies in the shire next week.

This Roosters game is shades of the typical Warriors - get our hopes up just to shit all over the fanfare.

If we best the Roosters, and I mean absolutely smash em, we should be confident not only going into next week's game, but on the road to the finals as well.

I don't feel sorry for him in my heart lol only in my internet minds eye.

The last time this guy played first grade he got a rare coaches public admonishment for being the 115kg human being that was bundled into touch by Widdop.

he was shamed on his last performance for being weak.

No pressure but, all of a sudden he is gonna play Manu's wing without Manu's experience of running a kick return.

He has been held up as a faux beast for his finishing quality.

He won't have that either next to Kata.....Kata is no Ropati.....Kata offers Maumalo nothing.

I can only see horror for Maumalo....no fault of his own.

Maumalo like Fusitua and Fish will disappear for years after being rubbished by fans for what amounts to underprep and poor choice of player type for the position.

I'm calling it now.

Maumalo if left next to Kata will be a bust.

No he is not......he is far superior to that bum.

Im just hoping he runs more than 10 metres and doesn't miss a quarter of his tackles as usual. He must be a huge motivator for the players as his playing contribution would be up there with the worst in the NRL

I still remember all the shit being talked about him pre season being made out to be Petero Civonoceva or something. Was a real Gubbfest here......from memory me and Defence Defence were two of the ones who couldn't understand the hype and look at the tripe he's served......huge myth.

• Haha
Reactions: Pete and Defence
Status
Not open for further replies.