• Bench is weak

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
I think a lot of us are thinking the same thing about the game on Sunday hoping it doesn't turn to crap for the Warriors.

it's nice to see most commenters and punters picking the Warriors to win for a change.

Warriors do deserve to be favourites but anything could happen with this team as we all know.

With the it being the only NRL match on Channel 9 and Fox Sport on Sunday, it is chance for the Warriors to show the Australian viewing public that they have turned the corner.

I do think the team selected can put on strong performance and win. I just hope I am right.

Jordan G

Ahhh that's right, the channel 9 game.

Raging favourites at home against a depleted roster where we have as many eyeballs on the telly as possible for a Warriors game.

Yes...oh yes....we're about to get Warriored.

Hey, you guys need to start thinking positive. Where's the Spirit? Shauny J is finding is mojo, Lolo is the best player on the park, and Sipley wants to make an impression. Lulu will get hurt and sent back to the UK (sorry), and Kata will find a winger in Maumalo. It's all good. Warriors by 20.

We are raging hot favourites... At home...in the coolest jersey design for years....on the verge of breaking into the top 8..... all signs looking up!!

That almost certainly means a poor performance and an ugly loss.

We are in our heritage jersey after all...
Didn't we say that last week? (raging hot favourites etc.)

I'm not concerned about the boys losing so much as not putting on as much points as they probably should - 20 sounds about right, frankly. Maybe 18, but no way can the Warriors walk off the park with less than a 13pt victory and be happy about things.

There isn't a worse feeling than looking at the NRL table after Rd 26, seeing the Warriors there at 9 and therefore not playing finals footy and noticing that the team who are at 8 and therefore are playing finals footy have exactly the same competition points but their points differential is 4 to 6 points better than the Warriors.

I'm not concerned about the boys losing so much as not putting on as much points as they probably should - 20 sounds about right, frankly. Maybe 18, but no way can the Warriors walk off the park with less than a 13pt victory and be happy about things.

There isn't a worse feeling than looking at the NRL table after Rd 26, seeing the Warriors there at 9 and therefore not playing finals footy and noticing that the team who are at 8 and therefore are playing finals footy have exactly the same competition points but their points differential is 4 to 6 points better than the Warriors.

It's a fine line between should, could and would bro.
I'm not gonna underestimate the Roosters.
I'll take a 1 point win.

Last edited:
It's a fine line between should, could and would bro.
I'm not gonna underestimate the Rossters.
I'll take a 1 point win.
Roosters are still a good team on there day, the storm were just too clinical last week.
However missing there origin stars i think warriors should and need to win.

Ill take any win from the warriors at this point, its a game we need because we have the sharks the following week.
However wouldnt mind having a big win for the points differential.

I thinks its going to be tough.

Proud club like the Chooks coming off a hiding,

They will have a red hot crack at it, surely after the last time they played us and knowing our up and down form, they will have some expectation of being able to give us a game.

As others have said, the forward battle will be *when shit gets real.

The onus on the Warriors forwards is to accept that the winning or losing of this game is in their hands.

I guess that was true of the Knights game too, but with Hargreaves in there it offers the spectre of a kiwis trial....even though JWH is a pariah of the Kiwi camp, of Mutts can't go with him, it won't look good for him in terms of rep footy (we have so many options. What I'm saying is....with Mutts flakey season and ANZAC test stand down....the selection panel will be watching closely.

Last edited:
They are a lot like the Warriors....

Strong on paper, but playing like card board cut outs....

ANY team with a lot of Kiwis in it, always plays well at Mt Smart, regardless of their position on the table.

This will be a tight game.

Be ready for the maxwell screw job performance, we will most definitely loose.

A New Zealand team will never win with him incharge.

The nrl officials are bastards for letting him reff us.

Reactions: Off The Bench
We've all thrown out the possible names for recruitment when the Warriors are going through rough times and If I can remember correct most of the forum myself included wanted the likes of SKD, JWH, Napa, Moa here for a variety of reasons.

This is an exciting game for this team and pack, they can really silence a lot of people this weekend.

I can see our team building nicely.. Tui, Shaun Johnson, Luke in your side. That's our strength, those guys are our biggest threats, everyone else just needs to do their job and cater to the spine.

Play at pace quick play the balls don't get caught out by Hargreaves smack talk and intimidation tactics. Napa, Evans? those boys can play.. Moa, Taukeiaho both bad ass on their day. Jake Friend's no mug ..this is a dangerous game, this isn't going to be easy at all. Teams coming off a hiding always come back stronger.

Can't help but get excited about it though. Let's see if our boys can embrace the pressure and expectation. We've seen them fold under the lofty expectations, can they keep that winning momentum going is the big question.

Nothing to do with the team list, but a pre-match rant...

I'd like to give out the biggest, smelliest, most vile FUCK YOU to whichever oxygen thief scheduled a Warriors-Roosters match at Mt Smart for 6pm on a fucking Sunday. Because of this time slot, it would mean we wouldn't be back home until 10:30ish, a bit of a no-go with work and school the next day. This match has developed into a family event for us, with our Roosters fan son always bringing mates along to fling abuse at us, and mates of the other lad coming along for a great time of "give each other shit".

I don't care who the hell you are, but whoever scheduled this, you've made it virtually impossible for us to attend the one match of the year that we make sure we go to, even if it was in the middle of a frigging cyclone. Thanks very much you cock muppet, I hope all of your children develop a tiny penis. Including the girls.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor

I'd like to give out the biggest, smelliest, most vile FUCK YOU to whichever oxygen thief scheduled a Warriors-Roosters match at Mt Smart for 6pm on a fucking Sunday. Because of this time slot, it would mean we wouldn't be back home until 10:30ish, a bit of a no-go with work and school the next day. This match has developed into a family event for us, with our Roosters fan son always bringing mates along to fling abuse at us, and mates of the other lad coming along for a great time of "give each other shit".

I don't care who the hell you are, but whoever scheduled this, you've made it virtually impossible for us to attend the one match of the year that we make sure we go to, even if it was in the middle of a frigging cyclone. Thanks very much you cock muppet, I hope all of your children develop a tiny penis. Including the girls.

images

jeez, you're angry. Can't blame you. Musta been Cappy. He needs to cop much of the blame for the warriors until we reach the 8. Small penis? Damn.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Picking a loss here actually.

Odds stacked in our favour, home game, coming off 2 good wins, and it's the Channel 9 Aus game. This squad will have lost that desperate feel they've carried into the past two weeks and will come out expecting a win. Conversely the Roosters will be desperate and I think their forwards will shit all over ours. Napa, JWH and especially SST will be too much for our guys. They got thrashed last week and will be out to atone. We'll be complacent and expect things to happen in our favour just by turning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.