• Yes

• OK

• Bench meh

• No

• Who cares just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the key thing about the 2001-03 warriors and their style of play, was Ali and his incredible ability to offload. I don't think I have ever seen a player with his size, footwork and offloading ability. There have been cheap imitations like Mateo and faumuina but for a couple seasons he was in a class of his own.

Without a great offloader I don't think you can match that style of play. however we do have our own freak in Shaun Johnson and if the forwards can run the yards that they did on Saturday mixed with a few offloads we will be a hard team to stop.

Inruin

Contributor
This here... back in the day, you never, ever wrote the Warriors off if they needed 3 tries in the last 10 minutes, because it was totally feasible. Nowadays though, once the lead is surrendered, once the game looks lost, the heads go down. And when that happens, the players just don't seem to have the self-belief to get them up and into the game again. Is that the main thing that is required from our coach? The ability to get the players believing in themselves?
back then they still ran hard and straight and stuck to what works. all they did was release the shackles and chance their arm more but still within that framework. This current team are still working out that if they run hard and straight and play direct, like they did against the Broncos they are in the running most games. They seem to think they need to do it all on tackle one now and individual stuff rather than team stuff if they are behind and you have seen that this year. That is the biggest thing they need to learn. that they still need a framework to chase points not just offload and hope.

Been a while since I was on here, like 4 or 5 days, so have missed alot of what has been said, so I apologise for going over ground that may have been already covered and moved on from in advance.

As much as it pains me to say this, but I have to give Cappy his dues for last weeks performance, now whether that was Cappy or whether it was the boys no one will ever know. But to be fair to Cappy, if we stick the knife in when the team is performing badly, we have to applaud him for the good stuff as well. I notice that the sack cappy thread is not on, so this sentiment must be shared by quite a few. I really still don't rate him as a coach, but if the Warriors make top 8 and perform creditably in the semis, not necessarily make it to the Gf then he would have to stay.

:singing: Just like the song goes, "We'll be singing, when we're winning, I get knocked down, but I get up again, nothing's going to keep me down

Reactions: Freddie Futler
Don't really give a rats ass about our back line.. I'm looking at our pack, if they don't give us the platform as they did last week then we'll get belted. Tui, Johnson, Luke are deadly when they have front foot ball. Only the forwards can provide this. Farkin gutted that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is out for the season.. He would give us that extra venom & impetus to kill teams off that's why I'm still a bit nervous with Tui at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.