• Yes

• OK

• Bench meh

• No

• Who cares just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we should beat the Knights 13+ if not our season is done right there.
I thought we should have done the Raiders by over 20 points - and we all know how that ended up :oops:

I'm just hoping the "it's time to dominate" Warriors from last week show up and not the "let's up the struggling team by playing them back into form" Christian Warriors!!!

Time for them to be the Gladiators and not the Christian lion snacks!!!

Reactions: Sup42 and OMG
OMG You don't give me much hope then. I'm 70 and hoping to see the Warriors win the NRL and Joeseph Parker a world title before I get out of here.

I had been rather optimistic for many years but I just can't see it happening now, McCrappy will have this team humming against rubbish and weakened teams and save his job.
I now want the Knights to put 40 on us and Roosters to 50 on us because this idiot ain't up to it.

We had that much rub of the green, bounce of the ball against the Broncs it was ridiculous, sure there was some good play but if you watch the last 10 of the 1st half, we are fucking aweful and got dead lucky.
I don't think that even the Knights could throw away opportunities we had, Leuluai starts it with his dumbass short pass to Hoffman, then Lillyman decides to try and be a ballplayer and gets made to look like a little boy trying to play a big mans game and people are happy with these mugs.
Razzle dazzle my arse these dicks, our so called senior players are way over rated
We should of had a 30+ point spread going into halftime and it just encourages the young guys to do the same thing push passes and offloads that aren't necessary.

I cracked up at the 2 points Manners wanted to take it, he puts himself offside and then points to Hoffman, Bully wanted to tap and go and Shaun Johnson looks at Hoffman, Hoffman decides to take the slow tap, that shit does my head in.
Manners was right and wrong he shouldn't have put himself offside but it would of been the right decision to take the kick but what he did was stall the momentum and waste it.

The fact they needed a conference to make a decision highlights how far off we with the Leadership.

I am certain we have a squad to win it this year but changes have to be made and maybe one good mid-season Prop signing.

You have to be trying to win this Comp while you have the chance because absolutely no one has a crystal ball and can know with any certainty whats going to happen next year and the team named can't win the Comp IMO.

Jordan G

With the squad we have available there's no configuration that would make me feel like we could win the comp this year. Individually the players have the talent to do something, but collectively (especially in regards to mentality) I still think we're a little bit off yet.

With the squad we have available there's no configuration that would make me feel like we could win the comp this year. Individually the players have the talent to do something, but collectively (especially in regards to mentality) I still think we're a little bit off yet.

So your saying pretty much unless there is a dramatic overhaul in at least one of the departments we never win a GF?

Can you remember how you felt before and after round 13s 2011 loss?

2 players is all it took for the run, KL to FB and a bit of magic.

Reactions: Jay M
So your saying pretty much unless there is a dramatic overhaul in at least one of the departments we never win a GF?

He said this year bro. And I have to agree with him. The boys haven't shown enough consistency or even glimmers of consistency to think they could make it deep into the finals this season. There are a couple of changes that could be made that would give us a chance, but McFadden won't make them.

This Knights team is NSW cup standard. Paul Gallen said something along the lines of "There's not many thethere that would play first grade for another team."
His team put 60+ on them and were shit for the opening 20 minutes.
Any decent team will put 7 tries on em and let 2 in.
Warriors bring energy and trust in each other they'll thrash em.

Jordan G

We didn't win the GF, and truth is we never really looked liked winning the GF. We got bitchslapped by Brisbane in the first week of the finals, we were lucky against the Tigers and then saved our one great performance for the Storm. We were hardly a dominant side, and while Locke to FB, and Shaun Johnson to half improved our attack, our defense that year was light years ahead of what our defense is like this year and again, there's no configuration that is going to fix that IMO.

We didn't win the GF, and truth is we never really looked liked winning the GF. We got bitchslapped by Brisbane in the first week of the finals, we were lucky against the Tigers and then saved our one great performance for the Storm. We were hardly a dominant side, and while Locke to FB, and Shaun Johnson to half improved our attack, our defense that year was light years ahead of what our defense is like this year and again, there's no configuration that is going to fix that IMO.

our general structures this year are so much poorer than 2011 as well. Leuluai is no Maloney at five eighth. Our forwards in 2011 were a lot more consistent.

If they wanted to make a push for the finals, I really think they need to get Leuluai out of the #6 jersey (maybe the bench is fine), but he's doing nothing there right now. Lolohea, or Hingano would both be better bets right now (IMO). Fusitua can go back to fullback if Lolohea goes to the halves. And they need to change up the forward pack slightly.

Billy Teets James

Not sure what Tevaga's kicking game is like (can it be any worse than TL) but as he is already first grade I would like to see him given a shot at 6.

:confused: Might as well chuck Ata in instead. Not saying he can't do the job. But I'm saying he can't do the job lol.
I got love for Jazz. Just think Hooker or Lock is his go.

Reactions: Off The Bench
ISP side is looking really good.
image.png

With Robson getting all this game time in ISP something tells me an injury to Leuluai or Johnson and he'll be next cab off the rank. Why else would you hinder the development of Lino.

I also wonder if they think Hingano will develop further, faster, better partnered by Robson than by Lino?

This sounds about right. Robson is also playing pretty well, so that always helps

I just hope that by round 1 next year, the club has settled on a long term number 6.

Good call keeping the same line up, consistency with team selection is always a good thing.

Little bit worried about this game.. this is exactly the type of game we lose when we're expected to win. This will be a good challenge for our team backing up after the weekends win. This is very winnable but it won't be easy

Knights are not to be underestimated especially at home they're always a tricky opposition. They have a few players that could trouble us if they get their confidence up.

Hope for more of the same from the previous game.. completions, intent, enthusiasm, energy, supporting in numbers, options, playing what's in front of them. Don't need to deviate from what works.

Also congrats to Bully Luke on his 200th NRL game, great achievement. Let's hope the team can produce a good performance for him.

History says we will win this game , I'm not big into stats but I had a couple of those team schedules
out of the nrl mag with I used to put a w or a L after each game , I moved earlier this year an pulled them down an they were almost identical an showed a definite pattern , so don't get to excited when we win two in a row it happens at this time every year .Personally I'm just going to enjoy the next couple of weeks, My pitch forks already sharp just leaving it in the cupboard for awhile But go the Warriors:rolleyes:

He said this year bro. And I have to agree with him. The boys haven't shown enough consistency or even glimmers of consistency to think they could make it deep into the finals this season. There are a couple of changes that could be made that would give us a chance, but McFadden won't make them.

Probably because the players dont believe they can win it under McCrappo...you'll be amazed what people can do when they actually believe in what they're doing.

I know we need to sort our for,and against but I'd rather we kept them scorless as of first priority, in some ways I hope the Knights step up and give us a hard game where we have to work for our points.
Reputations and expectations be dammed.

On the one hand if the Knights trouble us, the critics will be out in force. If the Knights ....with their roster which is akin to the team we put out against the Dragons,l (loaded with NSW cup quality players) fires up then good one I say.

We've had our little confidence boost in a favorable setting against a depleted and off colour Broncos.

If we are any chance of being legitimate when the Origin period ends.....we would need hard games to prepare us for what's coming.....* when shit gets real, the sorting time.

Same applies to the Chooks game.

Ideally we would be playing Cowboys and Sharks Just now. Not bottom of table.

It is what it is. If we scorch the Knights so be it....rather we don't tbh, rather we keep feet firmly on the ground and instead have a progressively better defensive game each week till September.

If our defense improves in increments we could feature in the championship rounds.

The attacking game is irrelevant.

The boys have been given a mandate to throw the pill around *cue Mannering throwing some offloads.....that's a sure sign the team has been told to loosen up.....Mannering offloading is a big risk call.

As others have said, relying on our second phase as the answer 'fun footy' with this group of players ....is very different to true Warrior ball.

In 2002 they had Ali instead of a Mannering or Vete or Matulino popping balls, they had Faumuina, more importantly they had the like of Jones, Marsh, Motu Tony sniffing around the pack.

The 2016 pop a ball and hope version is different....the hope is that anyone standing flat footed, several meters back....can cover enough ground to prevent a turn over.

The only shinning light last week was seeing Kata used in support off an Isaac Luke second phase play.....what made me really larf woz when Kata raced into the clear and TLooloeye raced up in support and was as fast as Kata.

Of course Kata died with the ball rather than draw and pass to Tommy.

I might be calling it a bit harsh....maybe our new 'let's have fun second phase will work when playing the like of Manly....we shall see.

Jungle ball, if these dudes are serious about copying it, means they would have to work a lot harder than they have been shown inclined to work.....to put support runners / players in motion for eighty minutes.

If you want to outscore the myriad of defensive NRL teams, as a tactic for winning, then watch the old school tapes Mofos.

Where is your ability to score Try's against the run of play ?

Where are your Try's that start from your in goal ?

Where is your ability to chase down eighteen point leads.

Show me where you can wrack up points in NRL record time.

Second phase Warrior ball worked because they could put the ball through several sets of hands and not drop it.

Otherwise you're shadows of your heroes and as such need to focus on things like structure and edge defence to warrant having a sprinkle of fun on top.

Last edited:
Where is your ability to chase down eighteen point leads.

Show me where you can wrack up points in NRL record time.
This here... back in the day, you never, ever wrote the Warriors off if they needed 3 tries in the last 10 minutes, because it was totally feasible. Nowadays though, once the lead is surrendered, once the game looks lost, the heads go down. And when that happens, the players just don't seem to have the self-belief to get them up and into the game again. Is that the main thing that is required from our coach? The ability to get the players believing in themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.