• Bench meh

• No

• Who cares just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Surprised to see Nathan Ross named at center, a lot of doubt around him playing this week after suffering a calf strain against the Cows. He's been in good form these last few rounds so hopefully Ayshford's got him covered. Probably Newcastle's most glaring omission is no Akuila Uate.
If possible can you post the Knights team list up so we can all debate it.

Thanks...

Reactions: 6 Again
Matulino's named to start but I'd prefer to see Vete up front again, he was a handful for the Bronco's in that first 20 minutes. Having Matulino off the bench helps not only in having a big body coming on but also with the experience he brings were not having to rely on our inexperienced props being on the field at the same time.

With u on vete but I'd start him with mutts. I prefer Lillyman off the bench.

Reactions: 6 Again
1 Dane Gagai
2. Cory Denniss
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Nathan Ross
5. Jake Mamo
6. Jack Cogger
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Sam Mataora
9. Danny Levi
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tariq Sims
12. Pauli Pauli
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Tyler Randell
15. Korbin Sims
16. Jacob Saifiti
17. Mickey Paea
19. Josh King
20. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
https://matchcentre.nrl.com/match/20...30/#team-lists

Was just having a look at the stats from last weeks game against the Donks & I found this quite interestng

Jacob Lillyman - 44 mins, 15 runs, 130 meters, 16 tackles

Sam Lisone - 23 mins, 7 runs, 66 metrs, 10 tackles

Albert Vete - 29mins, 8 runs, 93 meters, 15 tackles

Ben Matulino - 42 mins, 15 runs, 147 meters, 16 tackles

Charlie Gubb - 31mins, 2 runs, 13 meters, 16 tackles

If you look at those stats from last weeks game, Gubb is by far the weakest offensive player in that group & quite possibly the entire FG squad

2 runs for 13 meters in 31 mins is just not acceptable in my book & it's not like Gubb is a defensive juggernaut either, he's adequate in that area at best

I totally understand consistency of selction, creating stabiliy in the playing group etc, but if Gubb is being selected off the back of those kind of numbers, then the only consistency McFadden is actually creating is consistently rewarding mediocrity IMO, actually 2 runs for 13 meters is worse than mediocre, it's just piss poor from my POV

The way I look at it, any team is like a chain & a chain is only a strong as it's weakest link, so if you can replace the weakest link with something stronger, you naturally end up strengthing the entire chain overall, it's pretty basic stuff really

What does Gubb actually add to this team ???

Energy & attitude ??? ... maybe

There's an old saying in the fight game though & it's one that I have personally found rings very true & is applicable to almost any endeavour ...

You can bring all the attitude & energy you want, but if you can't translate that into consistently excecuting a certain level of performance, then it counts for nothing

If I can see this & know it to be true (and I'm just an old fighter who trains cats here from NZ in MMA that writes for a living) then my concern is why can't McFadden, with his FG experience as both a player & a coach, see this as well

It's one thing to reward a team for a positive team performance, but when you do so by also rewarding certain individuals for weak individulal performances,(and 2 runs for 13 meters is most definitely weak, not just from a FG standard, but just about any standard of football, even schoolboys) then that sets a very dangerous precedent IMO & also stinks of McFadden coaching by cliche (eg: never change a winning team) and playing favourites which is almost always a recipe for disaster in any kind of team environment

Nothing personal against Gubb, he seems like a good kid with a tonne of heart, but those qualities alone don't always pay off, especially in a mercilessly cut throat competition like the NRL

I for one will be very interesed to see if Gubb can improve upon his last offensive effort, because if he can't improve on 2 runs for 13 mtrs in 31 mins then I'm sorry, but the kid is nothing more than a passenger & this ain't the time for the Warriors to be carrying passengers, we need all hands on deck ready to rock, actually we needed that from Rnd 1 but beggars can't be choosers now can they lol

Last edited:
Nathan Ross is a danger man for sure, that break he made against the cowboys defence showed the form he was in. Dane Gagai is another that needs to be contained, other than that its obviously a pretty weak knights side.

If possible can you post the Knights team list up so we can all debate it.

Thanks...

Untitled-2.jpg

Reactions: mt.wellington
Was just having a look at the stats from last weeks game against the Donks & I found this quite interestng

Jacob Lillyman - 44 mins, 15 runs, 130 meters, 16 tackles

Sam Lisone - 23 mins, 7 runs, 66 metrs, 10 tackles

Albert Vete - 29mins, 8 runs, 93 meters, 15 tackles

Ben Matlino - 42 mins, 15 runs, 147 meters, 16 tackles

Charlie Gubb - 31mins, 2 runs, 13 meters, 16 tackles

If you look at those stats from last weeks game, Gubb is by far the weakest offensive player in that group & quite possibly the entire FG squad

2 runs for 13 meters in 31 mins is just not acceptable in my book & it's not like Gubb is a defensive juggernaut either, he's adequate in that area at best

I totally understand consistensy of selction, creating stabiliy in the playing group etc, but if Gubb is being selected off the back of those kind of numbers, then the only consistency McFadden is actually creating is consistently rewarding mediocrity IMO, actually 2 runs for 13 meters is worse than mediocre, it's undisputedly piss poor from my POV

The way I look at, it any team is like a chain & a chain is only a strong as it's weakest link, so if you can replace the weakest link with something stronger, you naturally end up strengthing the entire chain overall, it's pretty basic stuff really

What does Gubb actually add to this team ???

Energy & attitude ??? ... maybe

There's an old saying in the fight game though & it's one that I have personally found rings very true & is applicable to almost any endeavour ...

You can bring all the attitude & energy you want, but if you can't translate that into consistently excecuting a certain level of performance, then it counts for nothing

If I can see this & know it to be true (and I'm just an old fighter who trains cats here from NZ in MMA that writes for a living) then my concern is why can't McFadden, with his FG experience as both a player & a coach, see this as well

It's one thing to reward a team for a positive team performance, but when you do so by also rewarding certain individuals for weak individulal performances,(and 2 runs for 13 meters is most definitely weak, not just from a FG standard, but just about any standard of football, even schoolboys) then that sets a very dangerous precedent IMO & also stinks of McFadden coaching by cliche (eg: never change a winning team) and playing favourites which is almost always a recipe for disaster in any kind of team environment

Nothing personal against Gubb, he seems like a good kid with a tonne of heart, but those qualities alone don't always pay off, especially in a mercilessly cut throat competition like the NRL

I for one will be very interesed to see if Gubb can improve upon his last offensive effort, because if he can't improve on 2 runs for 13 mtrs in 31 mins then I'm sorry, but the kid is nothing more than a passenger & this aint the time for the Warriors to be carrying passengers, we need all hands on deck ready to rock, actually we needed that from Rnd 1 but beggars can't be choosers now can they lol

I've seen Cappy asked a few times about Gubb's selection...and each time his response seems to be something along the lines of...."he's got a bit of a cult following does Gubb"...and has a smile...
I dont know what that has anything to do with football

I've seen Cappy asked a few times about Gubb's selection...and each time his response seems to be something along the lines of...."he's got a bit of a cult following does Gubb"...and has a smile...
I dont know what that has anything to do with football

Clearly Cappy's the secretary of the Gubb fan club, in his defense it's hard not to like Gubb with some of that left field shit he comes out with.

Great post Stone and agree with most of it.
As I am firmly of the opinion that you never change a winning team you have certainly thrown a cat amongst the pigeons.
I would have kept Mutts on the bench as his impact genuinely immense.

Reactions: Stone
Where the fuck are the Knights marquee players? A couple handy forwards, a promising centre (Sione) and an expired halfback. No wonder this team sucks balls this year. Is Uate injured or dropped???

He's playing reserve grade so can only assume he's been dropped, they're in the process of picking up Brendon Elliot from Roosters fame and Mitchell Barnett (Canberra) but your right it's a sad looking roster, not much to get excited about if your a Knights fan.

Reactions: mt.wellington
If you compare the Knights lineup to the Warriors lineup on paper, we almost completely outmatch them to a man in every area

Now I'm nervous cos these are the types of games the Warriors historically struggle in, finding a bit of form, expected to win etc

Come on boys ... buck the trend & hammer these hapless Novacastrians

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Now I'm nervous cos these are the types of games the Warriors historically struggle in, finding a bit of form, expected to win etc
Fuck that. I'll be livid beyond belief if they stuff this up. It was the Knights that allowed us to break our record setting consecutive loss run in Round 4 when we beat them 40-18. Warriors typical 21 year hoodoo aside we should belt the living shit out of the Knights.

We really have to stop making excuses like this...

Fuck that. I'll be livid beyond belief if they stuff this up. It was the Knights that allowed us to break our record setting consecutive loss run in Round 4 when we beat them 40-18. Warriors typical 21 year hoodoo aside we should belt the living shit out of the Knights.

We really have to stop making excuses like this...
I totally agree bro, given our recent form vs the Knights recent form (which has been woeful) we should be licking our lips like a fox in the hen house

But all i was pointing out is that historically these are the types of games we drop

Maybe I'm just psychologically scarred from having my heart broken too many times & it's time to stop being a bitch & harden up

So with that in mind ....

FUCK YOU NEWCASTLE!!! ... THE MIGHTY WARRIORS ARE GONNA SMASH YOU SO HARD YOU cu**s ARE GONNA RUN CRYING TO YOUR MUMS LIKE THE BUNCH OF PATHETIC LITTLE BITCHES YOU ARE ... PREPARE FOR WAR OR DIE MOTHERFUCKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better ??? :D

Last edited:
Is Uate injured or dropped???
It's been removed now but there was an article earlier in the day on the NRL site which said he may be regretting not taking up one of the union contracts he'd been offered earlier. I have a bit more of a search around and see what I can find.

It's been removed now but there was an article earlier in the day on the NRL site which said he may be regretting not taking up one of the union contracts he'd been offered earlier. I have a bit more of a search around and see what I can find.
Good luck with Bing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.