minute

Have the Warriors turned a new page?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Haha no, however the ranting from some has gone to a new level. Seems like a few on here are getting angrier when our team wins. There's a comical element to it I guess.

It is a bit hard to summon too much excitement, when we’ve all seen this movie before and know the ending.

Hopefully McFadden has learnt something to change the script from ‘13, ‘14 and ‘15 – seriously this mid season run is uncanny.
Its not just ‘origin’, plenty of teams only lose 1 player over this time and they don’t go and double their winning percentage every year.

It is a bit hard to summon too much excitement, when we’ve all seen this movie before and know the ending.

Hopefully McFadden has learnt something to change the script from ‘13, ‘14 and ‘15 – seriously this mid season run is uncanny.
Its not just ‘origin’, plenty of teams only lose 1 player over this time and they don’t go and double their winning percentage every year.
I still believe that last year was significantly impacted by injuries, obviously Shaun Johnson being the biggest factor. As for this year, well we can only live in hope. My belief is that the first half of season 2016 was derailed by, among other things, a combination of very poor communication from certain 'leaders' of our club along with Cappy losing the plot and trying to get us to play a style of game that didn't suit our skill set. IF these issues have been sufficiently resolved then I'm HOPEFUL that we will go ok from here. I don't believe I'm being too delusional in thinking that.

Yeah of course I watched it and Lolohea went ok. Nathan Brown made an interesting comment - reckons Lolohea is the equal of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback.

He's possibly better than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback based on 2016 form. So is Davis Fusitua.

Before Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got injured - his running metres from the back were great. But he wasn't really busting a lot of tackles and creating much (I think he got 2 try assists in that roosters game).

I still believe that last year was significantly impacted by injuries, obviously Shaun Johnson being the biggest factor. As for this year, well we can only live in hope. My belief is that the first half of season 2016 was derailed by, among other things, a combination of very poor communication from certain 'leaders' of our club along with Cappy losing the plot and trying to get us to play a style of game that didn't suit our skill set. IF these issues have been sufficiently resolved then I'm HOPEFUL that we will go ok from here. I don't believe I'm being too delusional in thinking that.
Thats not delusion thats optimism.
Me on the other hand I'm not deluding myself with optimism because we really have done sweet fuck all but deliver a win the Reserve grade team should of.

A 40 point win over the Roosters might get the juices flowing, anything less and the Sharks will put us in our place the following week.

Reactions: Jay M
Me on the other hand I'm not deluding myself with optimism because we really have done sweet fuck all but deliver a win the Reserve grade team should of.

A 40 point win over the Roosters might get the juices flowing, anything less and the Sharks will put us in our place the following week.

I'm expecting a convincing win over the Roosters - maybe not 40 points though given it's 6pm on a Sunday night and conditions at Mt Smart might not be favourable to it.

But if we can't convincingly beat a Roosters team without Cordner, Ferguson, Guerra and possibly Pearce - it would just go to show the last two weeks are blips.

That being said... the Roosters forward pack might still flog the crap out of our forwards... Napa, JWH, Taukeiaho, Friend, Liu, Moa, Evans will provide a big challenge for our forwards, and they'll need to be aiming up at them because the week after - that Sharks pack will be dangerous.

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42 and OMG

That ignores the Broncos game, however it's a one off at this point. Knights are the worst team I can think of since I started watching back in 1989. I'm expecting the Roosters to be vastly improved next week, they should get some cattle back for the game. As for Sharks - that will be very tough.

Reactions: Jay M and Miket12
That ignores the Broncos game, however it's a one off at this point. Knights are the worst team I can think of since I started watching back in 1989. I'm expecting the Roosters to be vastly improved next week, they should get some cattle back for the game. As for Sharks - that will be very tough.

If that had been at Suncorp on a Friday night and not straight after Origin with 2 of their best players missing I might have taken that into account.

Its always good to get a win over the Broncs but you're deluding yourself thinking it was better than it actually was.

Reactions: gREVUS and Swanley
If that had been at Suncorp on a Friday night and not straight after Origin with 2 of their best players missing I might have taken that into account.

Its always good to get a win over the Broncs but you're deluding yourself thinking it was better than it actually was.
I thought you said I was being optimistic not delusional? I guess you can only play what's in front of you, so no need to be getting too upset at a couple of wins. All I'm saying is that I now have some hope for this season when two weeks ago I was convinced it was a complete write-off.

I thought you said I was being optimistic not delusional? I guess you can only play what's in front of you, so no need to be getting too upset at a couple of wins. All I'm saying is that I now have some hope for this season when two weeks ago I was convinced it was a complete write-off.
Only about the Broncs game budd, but if you can't win the Comp the season is a write off isn't?

Billy Teets James

He's possibly better than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback based on 2016 form. So is Davis Fusitua.

Before Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got injured - his running metres from the back were great. But he wasn't really busting a lot of tackles and creating much (I think he got 2 try assists in that roosters game).
I agree, I think Lolo is as good as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck With his running game. The only thing i don't like with both of them is defensively they are both mud! Lol.

So, I've been coming up with a few scenarios for 2017.

Roosters want Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back. It's obvious they miss him and Maloney.
What if (Just saying! Lol) we traded Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for Napa(And Latrell Mitchell? I'm sure Napa is on about 500k, Mitchell, Around $350k? I doubt it. But with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on around 850k a season we could try)

Or, If Manu leaves, And Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leaves. And we get Brad Athur. Then we get Napa & Semi. Use Manu's $ on Semi and top him up with a bit of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck money. (I don't know how the salary cap works with player swaps).

Or, If Lillyman, Vatuvei, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Hoffman , Wright, loolooeyes leave.

I'd get Napa & Mitchell. Semi, & Make a play for Gillett from the Broncs.

Or Foran to follow Arthur over. Gillett... Still make a play for Napa & Mitchell

Lolohea
Semi - Mitchell
Kata
Mitchell
Fusitua
Hingano - Foran
Shaun Johnson
Matulino
Luke
Napa
Gillett
Thompson (Maumalo?)
Mannering(C)

Sipley
Vete
A rejuvenated Sao /Maumalo(Get some running metres out of the big fulla. Mannering & Gillett have everything else covered lol.
Tevaga.

Had to share. I've been thinking about this for weeks lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jay M
I thought the Sunday Footy Show would be worth watching or at least bearable seeing as we won. The whole segment on our game was pretty much a pity session for the Knights and how long it would take to fix the club. We could of been a trivia question at the end of the show; who did the Knights play. As we were barely mentioned.

Yeah ive noticed this sort of thing alot, most of the focus shifts to the other team or we're simply a footnote. Pisses me off tbh

Reactions: snake77

Jordan G

With Johns on the panel the Knights are always going to take priority over everyone.

It's amazing in the modern era how bad they are. I thought I'd never witness any club as bad as the 1999 Magpies, but the Knights aren't far off.

Magpies 3 wins, 21 losses, 285 points for, 944 against in 24 games. Average score of 11.8 - 39.3

Knights 1 win, 1 draw, 12 losses, 165 points for, 491 points againt in 14 games. Average score of 11.8 - 35.1

When assessing our form it shouldn't be underestimated how terrible the Knights currently are.

As ironic as it was to see Vatuvei ignore Kata and go through the middle himself its still concerning to see that side just cannot seem to draw and pass for an easy try. Kinda weird that Kata gets blasted for repeatedly doing it whereas Vatuvei is applauded for giving him a taste of his own medicine. Compare them to the silky class of Ayshford and Fusitua and its like two extremes.

Hopefully Kata starts to pass more as he matures. Given how much he has improved in other facets of the game I wouldn't be surprised if he can do it. His first instinct will likely always be to run first though.