Results are only viewable after voting.
NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NRL 2016 - Round 14 - Knights vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
Newcastle Knights 14 vs 50 NZ Warriors
Hunters Stadium

Cq5damweb12801280

Who was your MoM?
Did the team back up their performance against the Broncos?
Was it the right move to play the same team?
Albert Vete better off the bench?
Did Thomas Leuluai do well enough at 5/8?
Solomone Kata actually pass?
Nathaniel Roache or Jazz Tevega?
Captain lead from the front?
Charlie Gubb improve his tackling technique?
Bench effective?
Error rate kill us?

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/nrl-2016-round-14.65/

Last edited by a moderator:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
First time in a very long time I have jumped and yelled at the telly.

Great effort from Albert Vete for the double and especially David Fusitua with the quadruple.

Have to give Cappy props for sending the play down that edge to the inexperienced Knights. Even going so far as running it on the last. Most will put that down to Shaun Johnson or Ayshford but it was clearly a game plan right from the outset.

Still some things to work such as our poor defensive efforts after penalties but after bringing up half a ton its hard to criticise the team. Fact is the boys did the job and vastly improved our points differential. Team looks happy.

Lets enjoy this one guys...

13413002 1211316642246060 4852297605305698437 n

Reactions: 19 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I still don't think they are a top eight side...yet. They need to keep improving.

Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

Strong performance with some lapses. 1-2 tries more would have been great for F/A reasons, but can't complain when you score 50 and win by that much.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Blake has played good footy all year, 1 bad game and far better than he gets credit for.
He seems to be getting comfortable in that position. He is one buy that is turning out ok.

Reactions: 3 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Still not the finished article, but at the same time you shouldn't be the finished article at the half-way mark of the season, because that's probably too hard to keep up, you taper off when other teams really begin to click in the run-in to the finals. Let's just keep building, obviously the big challenge is keeping the Origin momentum going.

Reactions: 2 users
Miket12

Miket12

Again, pleased with Bully. It's amazing how much better he goes when the forwards are dominating

Reactions: 4 users
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Ayshford and Fusitua, what a combo, just goes to show how a good centre sets up his winger and Fusitua gets the glory of 4 tries.
Meanwhile the fullback has now been exposed far too many times to let this experiment continue.

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Still not the finished article, but at the same time you shouldn't be the finished article at the half-way mark of the season, because that's probably too hard to keep up, you taper off when other teams really begin to click in the run-in to the finals. Let's just keep building, obviously the big challenge is keeping the Origin momentum going.
That makes a lot of sense, thankfully.

OMG

OMG

He seems to be getting comfortable in that position. He is one buy that is turning out ok.

Balance is all thats needed, Id prefer Wells on the otherside too.
Our Pack is missing balance though they definitely are the biggest problem.

The Knights Pack were actually better in the middle defensively than we were and had some great line speed for the early stages.

Reactions: 1 user
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Ayshford and Fusitua, what a combo, just goes to show how a good centre sets up his winger and Fusitua gets the glory of 4 tries.
Meanwhile the fullback has now been exposed far too many times to let this experiment continue.
Vete and Bodene were outstanding but the one who surprised me the most Tommy, he had a great game.

rugged

rugged

Would like to see Sipley in for gubb next week.
Need to work on last play options we are not got to get such favorable ricochets every time.

So nice to see us work over their edge. Huge credit to Shaun Johnson, Lolo, Aysh and Fusitua

James W

James W

I've said before and I'll say it again....

This team does my head in.

That first half had me nervous. But holy crap what a second half!

We thrashed a team that needed to be thrashed, rinse and repeat for next week and let's ride this origin period right to the end!

Miket12

Miket12

Not wanting to get to far ahead of ourselves but the Titans lose by 11 or more and we're in 8th spot

Dunedin warrior

I thought we were pretty clinical which is an unusual word to describe the warriors. First half was always going to be a little tricky away from home, but we only missed 5 tackles and 83% completion rate.

2nd half we kept the intensity up and exploited that right hand side, and they couldn't stay with us. Shutout in the 2nd half was probably the most impressive part particularly with a couple injuries.

Yes it was only the Knights but I liked what I saw, a bit of adventure on attack but most of the time we did the hard yards as well. Will enjoy the performance until the first knock on next week.

Reactions: 2 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Good game, even better when we start winning the games we should* win.

As others have said, would like to see Sipley get another run, as well as shift Kata to the wing. I'm sick to death of the play dying with him if he's unable to score.
Ash showed what a draw and pass can do and he's either unwilling or unable.