• Yes

• OK

• Bench sucks

• No

• WTF Facepalm!

Results are only viewable after voting.
mrblonde

mrblonde

McFadden mentioned bringing the fun back into their football, are we expecting a new game plan this weekend? do we finally get to see a less structured approach to our attack? I hope so, it's one way I can see us breaking down the Bronco's defense.

Any style of attack that doesn't scream "We know we're really not gonna score here so let's just do the 6!" will do me. We don't set up with the short kick to the ingoal/long kick if we're still too far out as a backup option, we sometimes attack as if those are the only option. Less structure is fine if, as always, there's someone ready to dive on the loose ball or kick it or do whatever so the breakdown in attacking structure doesn't mean a 0-1 tackle try to the opposition.

6 Again

Any style of attack that doesn't scream "We know we're really not gonna score here so let's just do the 6!" will do me. We don't set up with the short kick to the ingoal/long kick if we're still too far out as a backup option, we sometimes attack as if those are the only option. Less structure is fine if, as always, there's someone ready to dive on the loose ball or kick it or do whatever so the breakdown in attacking structure doesn't mean a 0-1 tackle try to the opposition.

Just a bit of second phase will do me, an effective offload or two around the ruck with a few players pushing up, suck in that sliding defence, tire out those Broncos forwards backing up from Origin and play what's in front of us off the back of it.

Let's wind back the clock a bit and play the sort of attacking footy Warriors teams have been known for.

Reactions: 5 users
KiwiZ

KiwiZ

153n2h.jpg

ryno

ryno

It's going to be hilarious to watch the 'unshackled', 'lets have some fun' offense this Saturday.

What's the bet the first play is that sweeping move out the back to Lolohea, then a crap load of offload errors.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JoeyJohns

Firstly I don't give a fuck how Jazz's wage compares to Shaun Johnson's. Secondly he missed 17% of the tackles he attempted which combined with a total of 4 running metres made for a pretty poor game. Thirdly I qualified what I said by saying he was hardly Robinson Crusoe in having a poor game against the Raiders. So calm down Jazz's dad

If his dad calls himself sweetkiwi then he needs a new dad

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

This team naming is a case of "you can only piss from the cock you've got". I don't think this one will be spraying the ceiling any time soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Jay M

Jay M

My fear is that the team will still be boring to watch.

I'm not convinced. Any team that can concede 50 points is never boring to watch :)

There is a chance the Broncos could end up with 60% of the ball... and if that's the case, look out record books.

• Haha
OMG

OMG

I'm not convinced. Any team that can concede 50 points is never boring to watch :)

There is a chance the Broncos could end up with 60% of the ball... and if that's the case, look out record books.
Surprisingly I think we would beat a full strength Broncs this week, fucked if I can explain it but I'm rather boyant about the expectation that our consistent inconsistency is about to rear its fucking ugly mug and give us the delusion of being better than we actually are, Bring on the Broncos.

Reactions: 3 users
Jay M

Jay M

Surprisingly I think we would beat a full strength Broncs this week, fucked if I can explain it but I'm rather boyant about the expectation that our consistent inconsistency is about to rear its fucking ugly mug and give us the delusion of being better than we actually are, Bring on the Broncos.

There's always that chance. My gut feel is telling me Broncos by 6-10.

I think the loss to the tigpies last week will motivate the Broncos to play hard this week and we'll get in an arm wrestle that we'll struggle to maintain for 80 minutes.

Could we beat them? Yes. However, question marks over our forwards getting enough go forward to stretch their defence which is pretty damn good. The upside for us is that Shaun Johnson normally plays his best against the Broncos.

I fear for our edges. The Darius Boyd second man play out the back is going to leave us exposed.

diehard

No, no, no. I'm talking about OUR team being boring. The Warriors.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Jay M

Jay M

No, no, no. I'm talking about OUR team being boring. The Warriors.

ahhh they're never boring. you never know if they'll complete a set, drop the ball, concede a penalty, throw the ball behind someone or score a try (ok so that last one is less likely than the others).

always fun to watch if you can distance yourself emotionally from the train wreck that sometimes occurs!

Reactions: 1 user
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I thought they’d bring on a false dawn on against the raiders, as they are one of the teams that they’ve had the wood on of late. Nu-uh.

Now I think we can only win if the opposition is terrible.

Uncle Waynes teams often go through a mid season lull before ramping up towards the finals, so a chance the broncos won't put much into it.

jonno

jonno

I'm picking the broncos to feel sorry for us, use the origin week as the excuse to their fans, and give us a charity victory...

Yes we are that bad.

jonno

jonno

Can the Warriors turn their wretched season around against stumbling Broncos?

A trip across the Tasman greets the Brisbane Broncos on Saturday where they have a tricky tie against a NZ Warriors outfit that have failed miserably so far in season 2016. The Warriors will be desperate to put some negative results behind them and register just their 5th win of the season. There has bee no less than 6 changes for the Kiwi's this week with the returns of Manu Vatuvei and Solomon Kata the major ones. The heat is firmly on coach Andrew McFadden and with reports of infighting within the club, positive results have to come quickly or his future with the club is in doubt.

Brisbane on the other hand still sit firmly in the top 4 despite falling to their 4th loss of the season and their second loss on the trot. Their performance over the last two weeks has still been very solid but Coach Wayne Bennett will be concerned with their inability to perform at the death and under pressure. [Wonder what cappy is going to be concerned with?:depressed:] They have a great opportunity to erase the demons of the past fortnight but will be up against it with the return of up to 4 state of origin stars and also traveling on the road. If Brisbane want to be the best in the NRL in 2016 this is the time of the year that they need to show fight and desire.With quality all over the park Brisbane go into this game as favourites and will be desperate to arrest their poor performances of late.

Last meeting: Round 2 2016 - Broncos 25 Warriors 10

Brisbane have won the past 3 matches against the Warriors including their last meeting at Mt Smart (24-16). However the Warriors did win the previous 4 clashes at home against the Broncos and have a formidable record at home against the Broncos. In 18 matches at Mt Smart Stadium the Warriors lead the ledger 10-8.

Who to watch: For the home side they need to hit the ground running and it starts with talented Fullback Tuimoala Lolohea. Since deputizing for the injured Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, he has been solid without being outsnading. At just 21 years of age, Lolohea has the ability to be one of the most dangerous ball returners in the NRL. Blessed with size and speed if Lolohea can find some space and exhibit his elusive footwork from the back, he can trouble the Brisbane Defence. With 3 tries, 4 try assists, 6 line breaks and 917 metres on the year Lolohea has some solid stats- look for him to improve on these on Saturday (especially his average of just 91 metres a game).

Look for the returning origin stars of Brisbane to have a big impact on Saturday. Sam Thaiday is an absolute beast of a player and is one of the hardest workers in the Brisbane pack. A strong defender who has a great ability to read opposition attackers, Thaiday is invaluable to Brisbane's chances in securing another premiership. He is averaging 23 tackles a game, 8 hit ups and a solid 74 metres a game so far this season. Look for him to lead from the front for the Broncos on Saturday and expect to see more than a few crunching defensive hits by the curly headed machine.

The favourite: Brisbane are solid favourites in this one.

My tip: Despite being on the road, expect to see Brisbane bounce back in stylish fashion in this game. They have been close the last few games to only fall short in the last few minutes. The Warriors are an unpredictable team and will need to harness all of that unpredictability and skill on Saturday to cause the upset. Exciting game to look forward to this one and hopefully a high scorer for the fans in attendance. Brisbane by 10.

WAR-16teamlist.png

1. Tuimoala Lolohea 2. David Fusitua 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Solomone Kata 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. Thomas Leuluai 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Issac Luke 10. Ben Matulino 11. Bodene Thompson 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Simon Mannering
Interchange: 14. Nathaniel Roache 15. Sam Lisone 16. Albert Vete 17. Charlie Gubb 18. Ligi Sao

BRI-16teamlist2.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Lachlan Maranta 3. Jack Reed 4. James Roberts 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Josh McGuire 9. Travis Waddell 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Tevita Pangai Junior 16. Jo Ofanhengaue 17. Kodi Nikorima 18. Herman Essese 19. Jai Arrow