Are you happy with the team named?

• Yes

• OK

• Bench sucks

• No

• WTF Facepalm!

Results are only viewable after voting.

diehard

Why you guys so upset? We're two points out of the top 8, and we have a depleted Bronco's team Saturday and then the Knights without Sims. Don't let the 4 and 7 record fool you. We're not so bad. And we have our best team for the Bronco's. Manu is hopefully off the pills, Hurrell is gone, and Lulu will be in Hull if he has a bad game. I can see why JD thinks we can make the top 6. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go drink the Kool Aid.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Why you guys so upset? We're two points out of the top 8, and we have a depleted Bronco's team Saturday and then the Knights without Sims. Don't let the 4 and 7 record fool you. We're not so bad. And we have our best team for the Bronco's. Manu is hopefully off the pills, Hurrell is gone, and Lulu will be in Hull if he has a bad game. I can see why JD thinks we can make the top 6. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go drink the Kool Aid.
Were not so bad??? Really, Cappi, Cappi is that you you sly dog?

Seriously Hurrell hasnt played all year, his being here or not isnt going to make a difference. And TL has a worst record than Robson. Mate i think you already drank the cool aid and are suffering delirium.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

diehard

...and four points out of the 6. After the Bronco's and Knight we'll be in the 8. Yeah, Hurrell didn't play much this year, but he distracts Cappy with his antics. And I'm trying to get rid of TL for you. Oh, and I forgot to tell you. Manu has been on here, understands that as a senior player he's responsible for the pill meeting, and promises to not only help the other Polynesians on the team sort their life out, but improve his edge defense.

Fazz

Fazz

lmao. We're dogshit bro. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't be surprised if the Baby Broncos put 50 on us. Even if their Origin players don't back up, their team still has heart and a competent defensive structure. The Knights showed more fight against Parra than we've shown in a while as well. I expect us to beat them, but I wouldn't count it as a win already.

jonno

jonno

Make sure you keep in your memory the dragons team aswell...
I will, but I only have so much grey matter. If people start asking me to remember long numbers I'm going to have to say no....;)

And we've been smashed by way worse dragons teams in the past, with our full squad available on game day...

So for me this game was the turning of the tide. Sipley had his first game in first grade. That alone will prove to be historic..

Shaun Johnson said his team mates had his back for the first time in ages. There's so much to like about that game...

Jordan G

Will be interesting to see the difference, if any, in our attack this week. The Broncos slide towards the sideline, we run towards the sideline, the last two weeks have shown teams making inroads against the Broncos by changing angles against the grain of their slide defense.

Essentially, the best point of attack is the complete opposite of what we've been doing. If there's no change, no attempt to attack the broncos weakness then it confirms without a doubt that we're just running our one set play repeatedly and waiting for the defense to completely screw it up for us.

Reactions: 1 user
Jay M

Jay M

Will be interesting to see the difference, if any, in our attack this week. The Broncos slide towards the sideline, we run towards the sideline, the last two weeks have shown teams making inroads against the Broncos by changing angles against the grain of their slide defense.

Essentially, the best point of attack is the complete opposite of what we've been doing. If there's no change, no attempt to attack the broncos weakness then it confirms without a doubt that we're just running our one set play repeatedly and waiting for the defense to completely screw it up for us.

If we run towards the sideline all day - expect us to be dragged over the sideline 3-4 times in the game. We need to play direct against their pack or their pack will slide all day long and strangle us.

diehard

Anyone hear Shauny J and Jazz on Radio Sport? I missed it. This line-up meets my third criteria for watching the Warriors. Entertainment. That is, if Lulu doesn't fuck it up!

6 Again

McFadden mentioned bringing the fun back into their football, are we expecting a new game plan this weekend? do we finally get to see a less structured approach to our attack? I hope so, it's one way I can see us breaking down the Bronco's defense.

Hadyn

Hadyn

I cannot tell if you are having a Kool aid because you are so relaxed and confident that this is the beginning of a new winning era or having to have a sugar fix to cure the delusional ramblings caused by diabetic shock.
I will assume the former and offer hopeful support.
Cappy was undeniably at wits end (almost crying) after Canberra and prepares to go on a mad killing spree.Time is a great healer however and combined with the fact that the players then have this last chance confessional (which for some could be a con.....time will tell) JD takes Cappy aside and says "don't be too hasty,big changes and then a loss against Brisbane won't look too good. Think it through,call their bluff and give them one last chance to really prove they are not full of shit.If they lose it will be down to them and you can go to town as we will be stuffed otherwise" Cappy likes the sound of this as it buys him more time with not much downside.
The players at their meeting after many high fives,low fives,crips and bloods type handshakes,hugs,cuddles and even with some crying then think fuck he is serious and for us it's time for less bro and more pro or we might be out of hear like Konnie."doko skux brah Koonie doko WTF Konnie uce # nwa straight outta pen rose doko uce Konnie brah" or some other shit these goobers write.
Being honest with themselves for once some brothers know that they haven't been putting in and resolve to change their ways as they make their way out of JD and Cappys last chance saloon but also know that the style Cappy wants them to play doesn't work for us.They need to get it changed so ask Cappy and he agrees.
This is a D-Day period for the team.
The next three games will be critical.2 or 3 wins and we will be back in the eight and Cappy has a slight reprieve but 0 or 1 win and Cappy and his team are both toast.
RIP the Cappy era.........an era of nonsensical team selections,confused use of the squad,dim witted use of the bench and an adoption of a policy that shows very little ability to design and implement a game plan that actually works with the type of players we have available to us.
In summary,so far he has been out of his depth.The next three games are make or break for Cappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Jordan G

Said it before, 3 from 3 is the goal and anything less is a failure IMO. They can have all the crisis meetings and honestly sessions that they like, but only one thing will silence the criticism and that's winning, and the next 3 weeks against weakened opposition there can't be any excuses.

diehard

Bronco's depleted team, Knights, Roosters. Defintely doable, and with some entertainment.

Anyone see the B team list? Thought I was looking at the A team list from several weeks ago. Depth.

Blain

Blain

Have you guys not watched the Raiders game replay like Cappy has?

We didn't even play that bad!! The Raiders are just the best side the NRL has ever produced.. The Broncos have no chance.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Tedster

Tedster

Have you guys not watched the Raiders game replay like Cappy has?

We didn't even play that bad!! The Raiders are just the best side the NRL has ever produced.. The Broncos have no chance.
Did Crappy really say that? Are we sure he wasn't talking about Canberra - he did used to play for them and perhaps he knocked his head and got a bit confused....................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

I cannot tell if you are having a Kool aid because you are so relaxed and confident that this is the beginning of a new winning era or having to have a sugar fix to cure the delusional ramblings caused by diabetic shock.
I will assume the former and offer hopeful support.
Cappy was undeniably at wits end (almost crying) after Canberra and prepares to go on a mad killing spree.Time is a great healer however and combined with the fact that the players then have this last chance confessional (which for some could be a con.....time will tell) JD takes Cappy aside and says "don't be too hasty,big changes and then a loss against Brisbane won't look too good. Think it through,call their bluff and give them one last chance to really prove they are not full of shit.If they lose it will be down to them and you can go to town as we will be stuffed otherwise" Cappy likes the sound of this as it buys him more time with not much downside.
The players at their meeting after many high fives,low fives,crips and bloods type handshakes,hugs,cuddles and even with some crying then think fuck he is serious and for us it's time for less bro and more pro or we might be out of hear like Konnie."doko skux brah Koonie doko WTF Konnie uce # nwa straight outta pen rose doko uce Konnie brah" or some other shit these goobers write.
Being honest with themselves for once some brothers know that they haven't been putting in and resolve to change their ways as they make their way out of JD and Cappys last chance saloon but also know that the style Cappy wants them to play doesn't work for us.They need to get it changed so ask Cappy and he agrees.
This is a D-Day period for the team.
The next three games will be critical.2 or 3 wins and we will be back in the eight and Cappy has a slight reprieve but 0 or 1 win and Cappy and his team are both toast.
RIP the Cappy era.........an era of nonsensical team selections,confused use of the squad,dim witted use of the bench and an adoption of a policy that shows very little ability to design and implement a game plan that actually works with the type of players we have available to us.
In summary,so far he has been out of his depth.The next three games are make or break for Cappy.

Excellent appraisal bro, these "have some fun" remarks from Cappy indicate to me that something major has changed at the club, either he's given up and quit, been sacked, or there's been some seismic re-appraisal or attitude shift. Not trying to be a drama queen but this game v Broncs could make or break a few careers imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Think Cappy suddenly realised he was about to lose the changing room if he didn't lighten up and if he dropped a big bunch of names.
I think this is the only logical answer....after his and the captains meltdown at the post game press conference and then Justin Morgan on the radio the following day ripping into a few players...

Apparently it wasn't that bad... So the crowd booing them off at halftime in Taranaki dreamed their shitness up as well??

So Let's go out their and have some fun chaps!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
jonno

jonno

Wow getting boo's while leaving the field at half time. That's not going to work with these chaps.

They want everyone in the crowd to say "Please play hard in the second half. We really love you guys."

Only problem for them is we don't love them, we love the club.

"Boo,,,, boo,,,, boo,,,," (Translation: Harden the fuck up, but in a good way),,,,, "booooooo....."

Reactions: 1 users