minute

Win or lose were happy with the effort?

• Yes

• OK

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sup42

Sup42

I was thrilled by the result, we needed to fight back.

We've seen this pattern before tho. This is like some spooky *final destination Movie dejavu script.

The Warriors are a confidence side. There are certain conditions that must be met before you see this type of mental performance from them.

1) the opposition have to be someone they like to bully, someone they don't fear, someone who's scalp offers them a lot of glory.

Melbourne and Brisbane are those teams.

The first time we played both those sides this year we saw lots of pats on the back for mental focus even though we lost those admirable games and cappy...like his predecessors promised us we were close.

2) Warriors can't deal with expectation and are poor season starters.....sees the Anzac debacle

3) Warriors continue to implode in a downward spiral and are unhappy with their coach, repeated losses sees coach lose the dressing room.

That is exactly the pattern under Matt Elliot. Unhappy players with change, a coach with a weak pedigree to challenge them.

4) Warriors club holds crisis meetings.

5) The Origin begins, the mental confidence side from Penrose feed off the perception that their opponents are weakened somehow....whether real or imagined....the flat track bullies go on a feeding frenzy. Before the Warrior melt down...this is the same shit the great Cleary coached through.

It wasn't until Ruben was going and Ivan was going that the Warriors found reasons to pull finger out of their arses....now we face Cappy going....another bloke they like....perhaps they will rise to a certain point based on confidence till a structured smothering defensive side with a completely opposite for and against on the NRL ladder shuts them out of a contest that matters.

6) this invariably coincides with the outcome of said players meeting determining that the coaches template is what is stifling them, they need cuddles from said coach who is on the verge of being fired at this point (ergo Bluey takes his team to the hot pools for more fun.....Matt Elliot gets his game plan changed in the tunnel but makes out Like that was the plan in post match analysis.

7) Cappy's last interveiw looked just like that. Cool at least we know what comes next.

8) Cappy realises the Warriors are un coacheable , as in they litteraly are the adult version of the U20's and ninety percent of the NZ grass roots scene. Daniel Anderson is Shrewd league brain, he famously said as much and embraced it. The problem for the Warriors is there are fuck all coaches in the Universe who will embrace an un coacheable athlete, let alone sports team.

If you listen to fans it is the Bastard Aussie coaches miss understanding of the Warrior way that is the problem .

Half those fans follow union (I don't) but I hear about it on nz radio when listening out for my sport....

To me the Warriors are like say the England Union side.

They know best, they are best when allowed to play their type of Union.

Just like the Warriors disdain for Aussie structures , those POM's are too arrogant to see that a dinosaur needs to know how to adapt to the superior most wining style of rugby Union to compete.

Fine, play your Warrior ball, but work hard enough cu**s to know how to play Aussie ball also, so you can employ both ....otherwise stay the excuse making whingers you are with glazed over expressions into the next decade....and I guarantee you this lot will destroy the Origin NRL right up until that ends and all the other teams go up a whole other gear the Warriors do not know in their tunnel talks, their bring back the fun talks, their Warrior ball solutions to a grinding defensive, organized, tactical competition....will get fucken buried by opponents who love playing the soft Warriors on a level playing field.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
koolkat

koolkat

I also liked what Mannering did on Attack. Not just the 2nd phase ball he produced from a few offloads at the beginning of the match, (which helped set the done and gave the boys confidence) but quite often he stood a 2nd receiver and gave a good pass to Johnson.. This put the Broncos defense in two minds.. Although he just shoved it on, The play(ers) making Simon would have been player watching and thinking "Ok, is this a hit up? And not sliding. The two men it drew in gave Johnson that little bit more time... Thought Mannering was a stand out last night and feel his games previous this year has been a little too conservative.
Best game manners has played in attack in 3 seasons imo

Reactions: 2 users
koolkat

koolkat

We've seen this pattern before tho. This is like some spooky *final destination Movie dejavu script.

The Warriors are a confidence side. There are certain conditions that must be met before you see this type of mental performance from them.

1) the opposition have to be someone they like to bully, someone they don't fear, someone who's scal .p offers them a lot of glory.

The first time we played both those sides this year we saw lots of pats on the back for mental focus even though we lost those admirable games and cappy...like his predecessors promised us we were close.

2) Warriors can't deal with expectation and are poor season starters.....sees the Anzac debacle

3) Warriors continue to implode in a downward spiral and are unhappy with their coach, repeated losses sees coach lose the dressing room.

That is exactly the pattern under Matt Elliot. Unhappy players with change, a coach with a weak pedigree to challenge them.

5) The Origin begins, the mental confidence side from Penrose feed off the perception that their opponents are weakened somehow....whether real or imagined....the flat track bullies go on a feeding frenzy. Before the Warrior melt down...this is the same shit the great Cleary coached through.

It wasn't until Ruben was going and Ivan was going that the Warriors found reasons to pull finger out of their arses....now we face Caooy going....another bloke they like.

6) this invariably coincides with the outcome of said players meeting determining that the coaches template is what is stifling them, they need cuddles from said coach who is on the verge of being fired at this point (ergo Bluey takes his team to the hot pools for more fun.....Matt Elliot gets his game plan changed in the tunnel but makes out Like that was the plan in post match analysis.

7) Cappy's last interveiw looked just like that. Cool at least we know what comes next.

8) Cappy realises the Warriors are un coacheable , as in they litteraly are the adult version of the U20's and ninety percent of the NZ grass roots scene. Daniel Anderson is Shrewd league brain, he famously said as much and embraced it. The problem for the Warriors is there are fuck all coaches in the Universe who will embrace an un coacheable athlete, let alone sports team.

If you listen to fans it is the Bastard Aussie coaches miss understanding of the Warrior way that is the problem .

Half those fans follow union (I don't) but I hear about it on nz radio when listening out for my sport....

Just like the Warriors disdain for Aussie structures , those POM's are too arrogant to see that a dinosaur needs to know how to adapt to the superior most wining style of rugby Union to compete.

Fine, play your Warrior ball, but work hard enough cu**s to know how to play Aussie ball also, so you can employ both ....otherwise stay the excuse making whingers you are with glazed over expressions into the next decade....and I guarantee you this lot will destroy the Origin NRL right up until that ends and all the other teams go up a whole other gear the Warriors do not know in their tunnel talks, their bring back the fun talks, their Warrior ball solutions to a grinding defensive, organized, tactical competition.
Man bro right on the money. the same thing happened under Elliott 5 wins in a row play warrior ball.but I think cappy new what needed to happen before the boot was about to kick his ass I know warrior ball.players win again bro shrewd cu**s

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Re the not taking 2 points before half time. It was obviouus they were looking to the coach for guidence 8n making this decision. At least thats my impression from watching Shaun Johnson and others look up in to the stands

Sup42

Sup42

Re the not taking 2 points before half time. It was obviouus they were looking to the coach for guidence 8n making this decision. At least thats my impression from watching Shaun Johnson and others look up in to the stands
There certainly seemed to be a state of fiux at that crucial moment in the game....where it looked like an on feild powow to sort out the right call.

I felt sorry for Shaun Johnson in that instance.

He was clearly weighing up the demons of the Storm game at Mt Smart and the drop goal like tactical decision....that it took that long for a coaching message to be delivered via Wiki, and that it ended up looking like SJs lone call in the end in any case.....tells you about how Cappy wants Shaun Johnson to rule tactics.

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
There certainly seemed to be a state of fiux at that crucial moment in the game....where it looked like an on feild powow to sort out the right call.

He was clearly weighing up the demons of the Storm game at Mt Smart and the drop goal like tactical decision....that it took that long for a coaching message to be delivered via Wiki, and that it ended up looking like SJs lone call in the end in any case.....tells you about how Cappy wants Shaun Johnson to rule tactics.
i guess for me there was never a n y actual question. 2 mins out, 12 a head and you get the ball back 95% of the time. Should have been automatic

nickster

nickster

At least the *fun* is back in now in dysfunction until next week! How they play against Newcastle is another matter...

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

I also liked what Mannering did on Attack. Not just the 2nd phase ball he produced from a few offloads at the beginning of the match, (which helped set the done and gave the boys confidence) but quite often he stood a 2nd receiver and gave a good pass to Johnson.. This put the Broncos defense in two minds.. Although he just shoved it on, The play(ers) making Simon would have been player watching and thinking "Ok, is this a hit up? And not sliding. The two men it drew in gave Johnson that little bit more time... Thought Mannering was a stand out last night and feel his games previous this year has been a little too conservative.
yeah totally agree. Simon likes to usually take a hit up in nearly each set he's that involved but it also impacts the way the set ends up going. before he was to conservative and the offloads he made were so unexpected because all he would do is hit up hence the knock ons from him in the tackle and the knock ons from players not expecting the offload.hes opened his game up again to become a triple threat with either your hit up, offload or pass. He balanced all 3 really well but it got the team off to good ends to their sets from his decision making.

The balance of hit up to offloads and opportunistic breaks to structured offence was almost perfect the other night i would say this balance is needed if we are going to have a chance this year at playoffs. but it was exciting warriors play that we all remember and hope for each week regardless of a win or loss.

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

i was watching everything happening and to be honest it was a mess seeing how long it took to make a call firstly and then secondly to see no one actually knew who was going to make the call.

In those situations i think the captain should make the call, he has a feel for the opposition and how his own players are feeling. a breather was needed before halftime and regardless of a miss i believe if you kick it dead they have to drop out is that right? there were so many positives from the penalty shot that i thought that was the easy decision.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

1) the opposition have to be someone they like to bully, someone they don't fear, someone who's scalp offers them a lot of glory.

It wasn't until Ruben was going and Ivan was going that the Warriors found reasons to pull finger out of their arses....now we face Cappy going....another bloke they like....perhaps they will rise to a certain point based on confidence till a structured smothering defensive side with a completely opposite for and against on the NRL ladder shuts them out of a contest that matters.

Fine, play your Warrior ball, but work hard enough cu**s to know how to play Aussie ball also, so you can employ both ....otherwise stay the excuse making whingers you are with glazed over expressions into the next decade....and I guarantee you this lot will destroy the Origin NRL right up until that ends and all the other teams go up a whole other gear the Warriors do not know in their tunnel talks, their bring back the fun talks, their Warrior ball solutions to a grinding defensive, organized, tactical competition....will get fucken buried by opponents who love playing the soft Warriors on a level playing field.

Yes, Deja Vu, all over again. As usual I agree with your comments about the Warriors. I would like to add that these sort of performances tend to be clouded over by the attack and the good result that came from it.

The analysis needs to be looked at from the point of view of defence. Some very good things done there but you could not say it was anywhere near complete. A good improvement but a lot more work needed. Attitude is vital for defence and there was improvement there. That what is needed to be focussed on in the game review.

Being old school getting a penalty in front near half time is a no brainer, take the points, even if you miss you should get it dead so have good field position. This is what pisses me off about them. They have the experience but don't seem to have learnt from that experience.

All the great teams base their games on defence, either code. If you restrict the oppositions ability to score points, it makes it easier to win. Simple basic shit.

Some potential there moving forward for sure, however potential means you haven't done shit. Flashy tries don't impress me, consistent defensive performances do. It is all based on a teams work ethic, good teams go the distance. Lets wait and see. It is not a case of can they do it, it is a case of will they.

diehard

Do they take 2 points the Aussie way before halftime, or go for the try the fun loving Warrior way? Shauny J thought, "well, Cappy said to have fun. We'll go for the try."

eX | Machina

eX | Machina

Right on schedule....The Origin win against the premiership favorites that gives everyone hope that the Warriors make the finals. Cue series of 5 - 6 in wins followed by a late fade where we miss finals by 2 points.

#keepthefaith #bigwarriorspacktiring #letsgonewarriors #mixsomedrinks # besttalentinthecompetition #bandwagonfan #darkhorsesince1995

Edit: #stacksonthemill (thank you Miket12)

Last edited:
Miket12

Miket12

No, but they had fun trying...
It comes down to have a "footy brain" and being able to pick your moments - especially if you're a team like the Warriors which too frequently fade just before half and full time. Taking a kick extends your lead making it harder for the opposition to come back but also gives you a chance to close out the last few minutes on your terms and minimises the oppositions chances. If you've had a sustained period on attack and you can see gaps opening up, then take a tap - otherwise wise safety first.

surfin

surfin

It comes down to have a "footy brain" and being able to pick your moments - especially if you're a team like the Warriors which too frequently fade just before half and full time. Taking a kick extends your lead making it harder for the opposition to come back but also gives you a chance to close out the last few minutes on your terms and minimises the oppositions chances. If you've had a sustained period on attack and you can see gaps opening up, then take a tap - otherwise wise safety first.

Lack of football smarts was again shown in the reserves, 2 minutes to go, game won, lets do a short dropout. What gumby thought that was a good idea.

• Haha

dazlendazle

Well done Warriors, thats the high bar we want to work from and improve. Consistency and less errors, next target.