minute

Win or lose were happy with the effort?

• Yes

• OK

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
FAN

FAN

Just watched the game, had set it on sky to record.

Well.......right from the start you could see we were a different side. As far as the two tries in the first half that were not allowed, who knows, but I think that was a turning point for the game, and for once we got the right rub of the green.

Second half we came out swinging again, which was great to see. That just leaves me scratching my head and asking WTF !! as in Where The Fuck has this team been all season.

So what's next ?? We had a great game, yeah some errors, and still plenty of work to go, but what a turn around from the Raiders game. The big question is, next weeks game against the bottom of the table Knights, will we destroy them, or go back to our usual way's and get thumped by a lower positioned team ?

It really is TBH hard to get all excited over one good win, only because history has shown what comes next. But full credit where it's due, I think everyone played their own parts throughout the match, Shaun Johnson had a blinder, and I think the game showed for the first time this year, well maybe the second, that Luke can be the best hooker in the game when he want's to play.

I must admit, I thought Tommy went really well tonight with Shaun Johnson, that would be the best game those two have played together. Manu, went OK, not as well as I had hoped he would, but to be fair, the rest of the team stepped up and took away the lime light on the things he did do well. Still a few errors from him that I had hoped he will and would have sorted by now, but overall, he went ok.

I'm happy for the team, and happy for the win, but just not about to start talking things up just yet. I hope they continue on with that form for the rest of the season, and that we will all have more positives to talk about next week.

Well done lads, finally some team work, effort, and hard work from all of you paid off. Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

I mentioned earlier that the team had SGH stamped all over it and will now expand.

SGH?

Upload 2016 6 5 12 54 35

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
OMG

OMG

We have no chance of winning it this year, but it's nice to be able to sit back and not see wall to wall bitching and depression for at least a couple of days.

I'm pretty confident we have the players in the squad right now, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck injured and all.

If we can't win it from here it can't be done(Ever) because yesterdays win and the coming games will paper over the cracks and make it seem better than it actually is.

Cappy will be the long term Coach and he will keep playing the same players in the same positions.

This team is fuck all without Shaun Johnson, No 1 player in any other team is relied upon the same way as Shaun Johnson is.

Reactions: 2 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
At least having this win I can watch the various NRL footy shows this week with out getting depressed when they talk about the Warriors.

Starting with the Sunday Footy show

Miket12

Miket12

Sir Graham Henry, already posted it earlier. Get with the program Mike. :D
Sorry mate - it's the onset of early dementia - but you've probably already noticed that if you read my posts ;)

I was wondering what the Second Harmonic Generation had to do with league.

• Haha
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Sorry mate - it's the onset of early dementia - but you've probably already noticed that if you read my posts ;)

I was wondering what the Second Harmonic Generation had to do with league.
It's OK, us old farts have a lot in common.

• Haha
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

As awesome as it is to see boys finally have a win, off some solid defence for once and some equally strong attack, excuse me if I don't going get too excited just yet as we have all been here before so I'm going to wait it out couple of more games before I start to make the comment that NZ Warriors are back. Dude, I don't want to turn into this guy ...

;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
rugged

rugged

The one real work on for the game is our goal line defense where we seem to be susceptible to a one out runner crashing over. One or more of Our outside players seem to rush up while those inside neither slide or advance, it ends up very easy to score.

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Gold Cards, sagging body parts and hospital waiting lists. Actually, none of those quite yet for me.
Actually Mike I'm going to give you a nine out of ten for trying, You have at least found "Google".
And no offence intended but I have had my "OLD CARD" for four years and Use "Duckduckgo".

Two hours later Mike returns with a question. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Miket12

Miket12

Actually Mike I'm going to give you a nine out of ten for trying, You have at least found "Google".
And no offence intended but I have had my "OLD CARD" for four years and Use "Duckduckgo".

Two hours later Mike returns with a question. :D
Used to use Google but Microsoft automatically upgraded to Win 10 overnight last week (much to my annoyance) and now the search engine defaults automatically to Bing - which is as helpful as tits on a bull.

Funny thing is even an old 16-bit graphics package from the early 90's is still working okay - but had to get Microsoft support to get Office 2010 working properly.... 1 1/2 hours latter (including them taking over the computer remotely) and it was finally fixed.

• Haha
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

one comment on simon. i was critical of his captaincy but i still believe he has a huge part to play in the leadership group of this team. there was a set in the second half where they pinned brisbane in their own 20. being at the game i saw him call everyone in even the wings and centres to compress the d line because he knew it was their chance to keep them pinned while they were bunched. it was a nice leadership quality to see from simon live at this game, grew my respect for what he brings this team both as a player and leader.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I think mr jones might of had a word in Cappys ear this is nz bro let them play ball.and we be ballin tonight.just like the golden state warriors play SJ could be are Steph curry
Mr Jones or SGH?
I don't have much time for SGH...but I suspect he may have had something to do with it.
The thing that really stood out the most was Luke. He was masterful at steering us around and picking his times to run. I thought it was the best game I have seen from him as a Warrior.
It looks as though he is coming into form. He had a long season last year.
Johnson looked sharp and his body swerve when running to the line was really impressive.
The guy is special.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Well, Pre game the forum was stating this was a defining game to see if the players turned up and delivered what they were promising.

They did that plus a few warts.

That display was archetypal of what we believe the Warriors can produce, coach, factions or whatever.

Next week is defining (more)

PS. I fucking enjoyed it (Suck that Big Wayne)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

one comment on simon. i was critical of his captaincy but i still believe he has a huge part to play in the leadership group of this team. there was a set in the second half where they pinned brisbane in their own 20. being at the game i saw him call everyone in even the wings and centres to compress the d line because he knew it was their chance to keep them pinned while they were bunched. it was a nice leadership quality to see from simon live at this game, grew my respect for what he brings this team both as a player and leader.
Yeah man he had a great game last night, oh! and by the way did you find a nice park last night?
I did ask you a question

Maddog

Maddog

I also liked what Mannering did on Attack. Not just the 2nd phase ball he produced from a few offloads at the beginning of the match, (which helped set the done and gave the boys confidence) but quite often he stood a 2nd receiver and gave a good pass to Johnson.. This put the Broncos defense in two minds.. Although he just shoved it on, The play(ers) making Simon would have been player watching and thinking "Ok, is this a hit up? And not sliding. The two men it drew in gave Johnson that little bit more time... Thought Mannering was a stand out last night and feel his games previous this year has been a little too conservative.

Reactions: 7 users