Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at those team line ups - I'm dead set worried:

On form:
Moylan > Lolohea at fullback.
Mansour & Dallin Watene-Zelezniak > Wright and Fusitua
Hiku and Blake > Ayshford and Kata
Soward > Leuluai in everything but tackling
If Shaun Johnson fires, he's better than Wallace. But Wallace is more consistent.
Our props might be better (if they front up), but their back row shits all over outs in terms of attacking ability, and defence (without Mannering there).

They have more impact on the bench.

I feel sorry for whoever plays on the wing outside Kata and Leuluai. Glad for Allwood he didn't get named out there because you'll be lucky to get any ball except for running it out of your own half.

Our kicking game is pretty much limited to Shaun Johnson again.

Pack needs to front or we might cop a hiding. Our pack on paper should be stronger than theirs. But they play a game we hate playing. They play the offload, broken play, warriors style football we can't defend against.

Fingers crossed the boys want to impress Sir Graham.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm..

I would like to have seen Fusitua get another crack at FB, last game was probably one of the best FB displays, we have seen in a long time (pre the Sam T era almost, or am i dreaming?). Moving him around doesn't seem smart for him or the team.

I am a Leuluai fan but he hasn't been doing much recently so would give him time in the lower grades and so Lolohea should be playing 6, if you don't put Lolohea there then put him at wing instead of Wright.

Sipley dropped after a good display sends the wrong message to him and the team. I would have him on the bench ahead of Matulino or Lane.

Anyway, will still be watching and jumping up and down screaming like a banshee and scaring the dog. Go Boys, lets get into the 8.

Reactions: 3 users
Fusitua spends some game time next to Ayshford and then has a blinder at Fullback... Same as what happened to Lolohea...

So giving Fusitua some more game time with Ayshford isn't a bad move considering...

Wright on the other wing gives us some height to balance out Kata. So not the worst decision either. But Allwood is one of our best outside backs ATM... He should be playing...

I'm very interested to see if our Juniors amazing dominance of the Holden Cup wasn't just a freak occurrence, and the players who have come through that grade are great players playing in a team hampered by over use of downers... If this is true then we should start to play the way everyone who knows anything about this sport says we should be playing..

Reactions: 1 user
Fusitua spends some game time next to Ayshford and then has a blinder at Fullback... Same as what happened to Lolohea...

So giving Fusitua some more game time with Ayshford isn't a bad move considering...

So you're saying they should play Maumalo outside Ayshford, then Wright, then Allwood and all of a sudden we'll have all star outside backs everywhere? ;)

Hell, let's give Shaun Johnson and Robson and Leuluai a couple of games each outside Ayshford to develop their defence too ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Thinking about this more.. Based on Allwood being listed as 18th man I actually think this team will change quite in terms of positioning come game time. There is no value in having Allwood as 18th man as he is limited to 1 position so I actually think he will end up coming into the starting line up and Fusitua will end up as FB with Leuleuia to the bench and Cappy is just trying to keep his cards to his chest until closer to game time.

Reactions: 1 users
Mautalino and Thompson are back, was the punishment a token gesture?

I think people are going way over the top with the punishment for taking some pills and being late to a meeting. These guys names have been dragged through mud the last couple weeks, along with being dropped from first grade and the Kiwis.

They didn't bash someone in the street, piss in there own mouths, get sloshed and pretend to f*ck a dog or anything like that.

Punishment served IMO, if anything else flairs up they get the boot. Lesson learnt for the 6, and the squad.

Reactions: 5 users
I think people are going way over the top with the punishment for taking some pills and being late to a meeting. These guys names have been dragged through mud the last couple weeks, along with being dropped from first grade and the Kiwis.

I guess if you count the Kiwis, that is two games out.

They didn't bash someone in the street, piss in there own mouths, get sloshed and pretend to f*ck a dog or anything like that.

Punishment served IMO, if anything else flairs up they get the boot. Lesson learnt for the 6, and the squad.

With exception to bashing someone, I'd consider the drug taking worse but that's just me.
Lesson learnt? I certainly hope so.

Thinking about this more.. Based on Allwood being listed as 18th man I actually think this team will change quite in terms of positioning come game time. There is no value in having Allwood as 18th man as he is limited to 1 position so I actually think he will end up coming into the starting line up and Fusitua will end up as FB with Leuleuia to the bench and Cappy is just trying to keep his cards to his chest until closer to game time.

He's been named for 18th man for three reasons IMO:
1. Leuluai's not fit, Lolohea to 6, Fusitua to fullback, Allwood in
2. Lolohea's not fit, Fusitua to fullback, Allwood in
3. In case Kata got suspended for using his knee.

Reactions: 4 users

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Looking at those team line ups - I'm dead set worried:

Aw, you can say that about any opposition, our awesome “on paper” now side looks like it’s had a mug of coffee spilt all over it and got stuck in the printer tray

Panthers are strange side, they haven’t been out of a game all year, yet they haven’t put anyone away convincingly either, they miss way too many tackles (worst in the league by a long way) and they are down the lists on line breaks and tries compared to the worries.

Soward is still very clever with his kicking game, but he and Wallace are pretty pedestrian overall at this point, their young forwards are the danger, seem to play with a lot of enthusiasm and minutes, compared to ours (albeit not playing this week) who are good for a couple of runs then hands on knees looking for a sub.

Usual story, if the forwards from last game (Gubb, Lillyman, Gavet) can keep it up and the newly chastened Matulino and Thompson rip in, we are a good chance.

Heading down for this game, it’s a decent little stadium to watch footy, certainly better than Jade which was a dreadful place quite frankly.

Would feel more confident though if it was at the Mt, panthers by 2.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Don't understand the love for Allwood, his poor defence cost the team a try last game. He has decent carries but is poor on D. Same as Wright.
Panthers should be too good. They stay fighting in games despite their errors where as we drift out and aren't able to compete for the full 80.

Wright gets his spot because he's the people's champion. When it comes to Fusitua, Tui and Lulu, it looks like the coach is making choices based on trying to fit Lulu into the team, and 6 is the only place you'd put him, given Luke and Jazz have the hooker's spot sewn up. I don't think I agree with that approach, to be honest, and would rather see the bolder move of Tui at 6, Fusitua at fullback.
Maybe it's because I've been up half the night getting a proposal ready for a client but I could swear when I first looked at this post, the first word said Widget.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Wright reminds me a little bit of Smurf just with half the speed. Not tall enough to pull off kicks to the wing, not strong enough to bust through tackles and not very good on defence.
*Goes and hides from all the Justin Murphy diehards*

If our guys can stay awake for the full 80 we are a chance of an upset...

If they bring the lazy boys out to the bench for some reclining I'm putting my bookie cash on the panters.

So you're saying they should play Maumalo outside Ayshford, then Wright, then Allwood and all of a sudden we'll have all star outside backs everywhere? ;)

Hell, let's give Shaun Johnson and Robson and Leuluai a couple of games each outside Ayshford to develop their defence too ;)
I'd even give cappy a run on the right wing, just to help him with his half time team talks...,

The issue was not just the pills and having a night out, try and identify the real issues, not just the simple ones that are for the ill educated that think the first thing that is said is the whole issue.

Sorry not trying to have a crack at anyone on here, just get pissed off when I see comments that are no where close to the reality; I'll explain

1) The naughty 6 did consume legal drugs with a legal liquid in a way that was completely illegal in accordance with the players contracts

2) The naughty 6 did NOT miss a team meeting, there was no meeting in the morning, that was a lie from the club which they admitted too, in saying that they didn't see the need to correct information which had been put out there.

3) So now we have the senior management of the club willing to lie and be deceitful-- Why is that?, should be the question here

4) The players that were dropped, are dropped for a game against a team that the management feels that we could still win anyway, and then when we need the good players back, they are straight back in. What does this tell you or more importantly, what does this tell the senior players? Could it say to them that we better not play up because we will lose a week, or does it say to them try and be a bit more discreet and if we are coming up against a good team it won't really matter because they don't have the balls to suspend us anyway.

5) The suspension obviously had a massive effect on Manu-- So much so that he lashes out at anyone and anything,, sure that will be great for the club

6) If everything was on track and the players have learnt their lesson enough to be back on the field, then that should say that all is well with the club now, so why bring in SGH???? If everything was in order you would not need to bring someone else in to sort out, "apparently", nothing. Smells like BS to me. IMO, they know that there is massive turmoil and that cappy does not have the changing room or any respect from the team, so bring in a big hitter to help set the rules straight and to be the backbone that this club sadly lacks. If you doubt this and believe that Cappy wanted a mentor (BS) why was there not a mentor put in place prior to this moment??? SGH has been free and ready for something like this since before the start of the season. If Cappy had the Team and the punishment had the desired effect we are being told it has then he would not need someone else.

Again I apologise if this comes across angry, upset, dramatic or anything else, I just care deeply about the club and really want things to get back on track, but I feel the real issues need to be addressed.

I will eat humble pie if the Warriors pull finger and make top 8, but I just don't see it. Hit them hard SGH

Status
Not open for further replies.