# Player Player #

Couple of bets for the game tomorrow:

Manu FTS paying 8.00
Nofoaluma FTS paying 10.00

TIgers +7.5 paying 1.92
Warriors 12 and under paying 3.00

Go Warriors!

Jordan G

the interesting question is... what if Ayshford doesn't suck this week?

What if Kata has a blinder - scores a try, and passes to Manu twice; what if Ayshford does his job and isn't bad; and what if Konnie plays well in the NSW Cup?

No room for your positive hypothetical scenarios here, please see yourself out.

What if Kata has a blinder - scores a try, and passes to Manu twice; what if Ayshford does his job and isn't bad; and what if Konnie plays well in the NSW Cup?

Simple. If that's scenario plays out we go with the exact same backline next week.

That's about the easiest a desicion as Cappy will have made about our backline.

A far more awkward and harder to answer question would be, what is Ayshford sucks and Konnie dominates reserve grade? No one wants to start altering back lines after one round, especially because of form, but no doubt the heat will be on...

Thems a lot of If's...

Both Ayshford have been playing well below their potential. So if they both suddenly start playing as well as they can play, and Kata steps up as well, I think cappys brain might explode...

My guess is Ayshford would lose his spot due to the Bums Hurrell puts on seats, and Kata's already established combo with Manu and Hoffman out the left.

Hurrell has really fucked things up for himself to be starting in the NSWarriors. Think Inu/Mateo 2.0.

Reactions: OMG
No room for your positive hypothetical scenarios here, please see yourself out.

give me an hour more out of my work week, and I can start drinking... at which point I'll see myself out... and I probably won't stop drinking until tomorrow night... just in case...

that way if it's truly horrible... I won't remember...

A far more awkward and harder to answer question would be, what is Ayshford sucks and Konnie dominates reserve grade? No one wants to start altering back lines after one round, especially because of form, but no doubt the heat will be on...

I honestly have no expectations on any of our three centres yet. I am expecting poor performances all round, and if 1 or 2 of them surprise me, I'll be happy. Then again, after years of being let down in round 1, I'm expecting us to lose this one. If we don't - well I'll be happy.

Hurrell has really fucked things up for himself to be starting in the NSWarriors. Think Inu/Mateo 2.0.

I disagree. I think he's still on track. But he has to be able to play 80 minutes in first grade without fatiguing. And we haven't seen it yet. He's only been played off the bench in spurts. They really should have given him 80 mins in the dragons trial. I honestly think that's why he's in NSW Cup this week. Despite his fitness, how well will he perform for 80 minutes... If he does that - he'll be back in the side.

Anyone seen Luke around town or at training recently?
Does he look like he's in shape?

From the Lurker apparently he is overweight and that is why Roache is on the bench. I remember reading he came back after enjoying the Americans dishing out a lot of food to his plate but was lighter than he had been the last few years due to the interchange reduction. Chances are McFadden was planning on using TL at 14 and as he isn't available Roache slots in after training well and his form in the 9's.

After signing Luke selecting another dummy half on the bench would raise eyebrows for the media.

Lukewarm debut for Issac

WORD is that Issac Luke won’t be playing anywhere near the full 80 minutes for the Warriors against the Tigers tomorrow due to lack of match fitness.

Luke joined the Warriors after the summer break several kilos heavier than last year and still hasn’t quite shed all the extra weight.

That’s why coach Andrew McFadden named rookie Nathaniel Roache on the bench and he’s expected to get at least 20 minutes of action.

https://www.sportingnews.com/league...y-roosters-brisbane-broncos-in-nrls-bad-books

Reactions: eric
Anyone seen Luke around town or at training recently?
Does he look like he's in shape?

I heard he'd lost weight from where he was at last year and was confident of playing the full 80 mins...

that being said... he posted photos of a boil up on twitter last night....

Now don't get me wrong, I love a good old fashioned boil up. But hardly the food I'd be expecting to be eating 48 hrs out from gameday. From the photo though - most of it is veges so it's hard to judge!

I heard he'd lost weight from where he was at last year and was confident of playing the full 80 mins...

that being said... he posted photos of a boil up on twitter last night....

Now don't get me wrong, I love a good old fashioned boil up. But hardly the food I'd be expecting to be eating 48 hrs out from gameday. From the photo though - most of it is veges so it's hard to judge!

Yeah bro, has the greens, starch carbs in the spuds, iron in the meat and the grains in the bread.
Was boiled, not fried or grilled.
Pretty healthy eating when you think about it, even in this maoriboys eyes.lol

We have a great rosterand have named a strong team. However this means nothing if we don't play well as a team.

How good will our kicking game be? Do we have well constructed sets of 6 and cohesive, determined defence?

We will lose to the Tigers if our teamwork and game plan are poor. Therefore it is time to see Cappy's influence on our fantastic playing group and prove he is a winning coach.

Personally I would like to target them behine the ruck all day, with constant support from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Johnson and Tui. Kick well at the end of our sets, dominate with our kick returns and give Kata early ball. Defend with a well thought out system.

If the tigers team play is better than our we are in trouble. If we can match them in these areas we should best them.

Gummon the Warriors!

I think that's one thing we're really going to see happen a lot this year... Pushing up in support.

There's been lots of little hints coming out of the camp that they've been working a lot on this facet of the game, especially from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck... Which, if we get it right, will be absolutely lethal.

If there's been two parts of our game that have been lacking in attack, especially considering the strengths of our team, it's kick chase and pushing up for offloads. It's really odd, when you consider the caliber of offloaders we have had in our team, that our support play has been so abysmal for so long. Here's hoping that changes this year, and if it does, and we can the likes of Roger, Shaun, Tui or Sol in the back field, we'll be impossible to contain.

Last edited: