• 50/50

• No

• Gave me cancer!

Results are only viewable after voting.
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
So why didn't Cameron Smith get charged for touching the referee? I didn't watch that far so I didn't see it, but I saw the article by NZ Herald about it.

Was it innocuous and they were just sensationalizing the incident? Or was he not charged because he was the Australian captain. Thoughts?
Did they show the bit where bull walked through the ref. The ref was so surprised he didnt say anything at all. I was amazed he wasnt sent off. However the ref gave him a real dirty look and im sure that made him ffeel better

koolkat

koolkat

So we had one day in Melbourne..why not go on Friday, Shaun Johnson could of done his water boy thing in Melbourne.it would of gone down well while acclimatising

STEEDEN

STEEDEN

Outrage after Cam Smith escapes ref touching charge

Upload 2016 4 27 6 31 18

Cameron Smith has escaped sanction for touching a referee during the Storm's 42-0 thrashing of the Warriors on Anzac Day.

Just hours after being named captain of Mal Meninga's Kangaroos side on Tuesday, it was revealed that Smith had dodged a date with the judiciary even though he was clearly spotted touching referee Matt Cecchin.

It carries on the inconsistency NRL fans have been fed up with all season, with some players copping charges and others getting off.

Last week Panthers forward Sam McKendry was given a one game ban for touching a ref during Monday night football, while David Klemmer, Kieran Foran and James Roberts have all been charged for similar offences so far.

https://www.sportingnews.com/league-news/4703314-outrage-after-cam-smith-escapes-ref-touching-charge

Sledge

Sledge

Australian captain and they need him for the Anzac test, dirty Aussies. Enuf said

Reactions: 2 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Tony Archer acknowledged that the sin binning of Ayshford was incorrect

[NRL video Referee review]

So far this year we have had - non binning Hoffman PT inappropriate and Ayshford sin binning inappropriate and that is after 8 games!!!

Edit: Sorry Wellie just seen that you have already posted that

Reactions: 1 user
InsideBall

InsideBall

Between the boys honestly most embarrassing performance I've seen, the ways the refs totally fucked us, the fact that Cam Smith can completely escape punishment for the same offense others are getting suspended, the ozzies picking Semi, and then actually admitting they fucked us by binning Blake...

I think I'm done with this shit.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Blain

Blain

According to Tony Archer the call to sin bin Blake Lyon was wrong as the Storm player was still in their half. A penalty would have been a sufficient punishment.

Too pissed off to rant about it. Time for Cappy to rant...

https://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--referee-review-rd-8/tabid/10959/contentid/840982/default.aspx

So lets get this right. Hoffman's obviously being held back in the in goal by Guerra to deny his chance of scoring, no send off. NRL "crack" down on professional foals.

2 weeks later, we have the same crack down wrongly enforced against us, early into a game where we were already struggling to keep place with 13 on the field!!! Far out.. There needs to be a investigation into this (Toovey styles)!!

t-wade23

t-wade23

We were going backward all night no go forward and the Defense wasn't meeting there opposition at the point of attack just allowing them to run towards them. The slow start is what killed them not the missed calls didn't cost them
The game it was the shit start that did.The storm were close to scoring an point an minute can't play the game like that.

Cameron Smith touching an ref Blake Ashyford being binned and Cronks non disallowed try would only meant we lost by 30 instead the boys started shit just like round one difference being the Storm suffocated them out of the game on Defense as well.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Cameron Smith touching an ref Blake Ashyford being binned and Cronks non disallowed try would only meant we lost by 30 instead the boys started shit just like round one difference being the Storm suffocated them out of the game on Defense as well.

Oh no doubt, frankly couldn’t blame the officials for thinking - look at these bozos, not making any effort on a big day for the code, lets not give them any benefit of the doubt at all.

Its annoying how when we get a stack of shite calls we also loose by plenty, so the coach can’t even go off about it with a straight face. At least trent robinson’s team got close enough that he could feel justified in having a massive whinge.

OMG

OMG

1. Tui- should have been left at 6
2.Fusitua was ok but not as good as some seem to think, positioning was average at best.
3. Blake - What we've become accustomed to, solid and tried hard, one of the worst ever calls we have had against us, it was only a 50-50 penalty at best.
4. Kata- a deer in the headlights, fuck playing Centre with Hoffman, TL and Manu as your support crew, in many ways they're worse than him.
5. Manu- There hasn't been as good of an example than this 1 for Manu to the pack.
6. TL- Greatly over rated in the halves, ya may aswel play Mutts or Manners there.
7. Shaun Johnson- apart from a couple missed tackles it was a performance any half has whose Pack has been bitch slapped and gang raped the way they do regularly.
8. Lisone - This guy should not have been playing after the try he let in when Gubb was handbags at 5 paces a couple of weeks ago, people just watch the surface with this fulla, one of the worst defenders I've ever seen and things he does in the line impact others, needs to get dropped back to Under 12s.
9. Bully - a touch underwhelming but not as bad as a few are saying, he was trying but always looks like that when a pack is dominated, The Bromwhich try will haunt him.
10.Mutts-One of his worst, that Bromwhich try would have hurt him badly too.
11. Bodene- That 1st 10mins made it seem bad but he was putting in the whole 80, ridiculous stats for a 2nd rower, easily the best back rower at the club.
12. Hoffman- Slowly getting better(Said sarcastically)
13.Manners-I always thought his best position was 13 but his attack is like when he plays right hand side, maybe we need to put him back to the left where he was carving and was able to keep them on their feet in many many tackles, he cant get the angles needed playing anywhere else.
14. Wright, dumb utility, its Cappys fault Lolo did his knee.
15. Lillyman- 40 metres, 15 tackles from 50 minutes says it all, waste of cap.
16. Gubb wasted spot, not what this team needs atm.
17.Sao - same as above.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Tony Archer acknowledged that the sin binning of Ayshford was incorrect

[NRL video Referee review]

So far this year we have had - non binning Hoffman PT inappropriate and Ayshford sin binning inappropriate and that is after 8 games!!!

Edit: Sorry Wellie just seen that you have already posted that

Sack the refs lol.

The refs are biased against our team. It can't be denied.

But I heard JT saying the same thing in regard to the Cowboys.

But instead of continually complaining about it they got their heads straight and worked on using their systems to create belief in those systems.

They have some strong and talented players but none of that was on show for their first few games last year.

So much of winning games and the premiership is done internally.

That's where I believe improvement will produce consistency, victories and premierships.

Last edited:
mrblonde

mrblonde

There was one amusing moment from the game: apparantly our fullback was Tuimoulalala Lolahear. That might not be an entirely phonetically accurate version of what was said, but it was the worst butchering of a Warriors player's name I've heard in a while during commentary.

We've got to name Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad one game at least this season. The Aussies'd probably screw up Nicoll. Daryl - just say his number, mate!

• Haha
Maraea

Maraea

embarassing. fucken melbourne - they are good. they transitioned from wrestlemaniacs to well drilled attacking play quicker than the Warriors could ever hope to - ever.

Second thought honestly, why the fuck does it take the warriors 20 years to learn something???? Why is their defence still coming together??? Storm seemed to have focused on their attacking play more in recent times and nailed it straight away. wtf

Reactions: 1 users
imallrin

imallrin

Like many here I may have come to a tipping point. Not only with the warriors but also the NRL itself.

For years I've watched referees consistently ref against us. Maxwell, Cecchin and im sure there are a few others that if you hear them reffing the warriors you know we're in for a tough night. Just before the game in the chat room i said that we had a long night once i found out it was cecchin and reynolds.
These guys blew penalties at crucial times to allow Melbourne sizeable advantage, of course im not excusing the defensive efforts but Matulino and luke were penalized for nothing really which led to points.

The sin binning of ayshford was horrendous, we've all seen worse that warranted a send off and the consistency wasnt reflected when luke was tackled before a player was onside. The player that impeded hoffman in the other game didnt even get sent off so i dont know what im watching anymore.

The bunker has no fucking idea whats happening. The video ref system has gone horribly wrong in rugby league thats its disturbing and disgusting to see how many things are reviewed. 2 identical obstruction plays yet both ruled differently. Yet we see these calls on a weekly basis against the warriors.

Ive grown tired of the way the warriors are treated, I love away wins not only because of the joy of beating the opposition but you know youve had to outdo the refs as well which makes it more special but its impossible to be consistent winners when the reffing varies so much as rugby leagues does, some refs want an even contest so no one will get sent off, some inconsistently discipline even randomly. This isnt a gripe just about warriors but i see it week in week out happening to other teams.

I was impressed to see trent robinson call out ben cummings, these refs should be named and made aware of. They should also be accountable, losing match checks or even missing out on marquee games.

I hate to bring up cleary but it was under his watch that the last sight of joy I had being a warriors fan. It was the last time i felt like we had run of 6-7 wins in a row. Ever since then as fans we've had to endure, literally endure rubbish on a bi-weekly basis. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. 5 years of shit with a team that hasnt improved at all in any position or in any department apart from Jim Doyle. We've hoped that the attitude would improve yet the same culture exists. 3 coaches with probably a fourth in 5 years.

Where do we go from here?

Manu, Lilyman, Hoffman, Mannering, Matulino, TL have to go.

Matulino because i think he falls in to the comforts of this environment that I think a new place would be good. The rest because their done at the warriors.

The development program should be dropped, we arent producing the right talent while others go to other clubs and succeed which comes back to benefit the kiwis but not the warriors. A new scouting team need to control our country and find the talent, the real talent.

Shaun should be shopped overseas. I fear he's a player that needs the perfect environment before he will do anything i.e a monster forward pack and a supportive half. He cant grind out a win to save himself and with the warriors you need a half who can figure out a way no matter what the situation e.g Stacey. Hes a great talent but he's had five years as the go to half after maloney left and he hasnt done shit.

Now all this goes out the window if we can find a special coach who can truely tap into the minds of these guys and can impose enough on the culture of the club and its players to make huge changes. I dont think theres anyone that really want the gig though. This club needs a special coach, we cant take assitance we need a legit premiership winning coach. If we can find one that wont take shit and will drop players on a dime for even looking at him wrong while motivating players to perform beyond the opposition and the refs then keep shaun keep everybody because this team has the talent they just dont have the mental strength to play this thing called Rugby League on a weekly basis.

As for me, I think I'm done for the year at least, Like most of us we hold the warriors as high priority but its moved down the ladder a few runs after last night. I wont fall for a win over the dragons or even a back to back win. The club has been in tatters and driving just above E for the last 5 years now. We've all been fooled, yet the truth of this club always reveals itself. Of course Ill hope, ill dream of just the playoffs not even a premiership but its become too hard that I've got to give it a break.

I'll be around because I love this place and the men and women who post here but to be honest the boys took a piece of my fandom away last night with that performance.

Awesome post mate, couldn't agree more - some of the old guys need to go, the club is just stale, the bro culture is very much real and the storm game proved that, why weren't players getting stuck into each other for such flakey efforts, heads just drop and that is it the white flag is raised and they high five the opposition and pat them on the bum while they are running rings around us.

No killer instinct, win at all costs, mongrel attitude which you see from all the champion sports people/teams worldwide, lets all just face it we have a team of bros and bums who are contempt with the odd good performance but they find it too draining to do it week in and week out, they just throw us the odd bone - well im not falling for it again, not spending another cent on these bums until we are firmly in the top 8 e.g. mathematically impossible for us to miss the 8 (it def won't be this year), buying all the jerseys, buying them for my dad and nephew, going to games in the lounge and taking clients, fuck these clowns. Watson doesn't give a rats, as long as the "keep the faith" clowns keep giving them their hard earned cash, they put a few of the losers on the phones to suck people into renewing their memberships, it's just another business venture to that rat Waton (everyone forget about Hanover Finance where him and Hotchin took millions in dividends the year before then the company collapses owing mum and dad investors millions), do you think this crook cares about the fans???? Really???

I'll still watch them this season on TV but no more getting all the boys round, having a BBQ, poker afterwards, everyone is just left in a state of depression by the end of the night. I'll just watch on the couch and change channel once the bums wave their white flag once things get too hard and the opposition doesn't roll over for them.

Ahhhhhhhhh that feels better, nothing like a good vent. I will still be on here though as you guys have great debate and raise alot of good points, thoroughly enjoy it and throwing my 2 cents in, peace :)

Reactions: 2 users
ryno

ryno

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Makasene

Makasene

Thompson had a bad one missing 5 tackles but can we blame him for them all there was some big gaps out there Hoffman and Gubb missed there normal 2 but it says Johnson only missed 1. I don't know about these stats ether at nrl stats.com there was more missed tackles then it says on that site

You have to attempt a tackle to miss it.