01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Did the Cappy bench work?

• Yes

• 50/50

• No

• Gave me cancer!

Results are only viewable after voting.
So why didn't Cameron Smith get charged for touching the referee? I didn't watch that far so I didn't see it, but I saw the article by NZ Herald about it.

Was it innocuous and they were just sensationalizing the incident? Or was he not charged because he was the Australian captain. Thoughts?

Great post earlier and this one's just as insightful ... living and working over here I can see it first hand the difference in attitude Australians have, it answers the question also as to why Kiwi NRL players here in Oz don't exhibit the same perceived weaknesses, in my experience over here the workplace is generally a serious place.
While I agree with parts of your statement (having lived in Sydney for three years) would you kindly explain why in Rugby NZ do far better than Australians?

Welcome to the dark side. You finally made it.

Is changing players even the answer? Who knows, i certainly dont, however I feel that the problem is far deep rooted that that.

Supporting this team is so draining.
True, The Blues do and you know the result, lol.

Just thought Wells because of the Lolohea injury,
he is a pure fullback.

Pack needs a difference, Lane could be it off the bench.
Been on fire in the NSWarriors.

The Blues remark I do not repent tajhay. hahahahaaaa.

Reactions: tajhay
True, The Blues do and you know the result, lol.

Just thought Wells because of the Lolohea injury,
he is a pure fullback.

Pack needs a difference, Lane could be it off the bench.
Been on fire in the NSWarriors.

The Blues remark I do not repent tajhay. hahahahaaaa.
i agree wells has been playing fullback in the nsw cup, and in the long term fusitua is a winger for us, so why change his position again why not develop him in the wing position.

Reactions: Off The Bench
Like many here I may have come to a tipping point. Not only with the warriors but also the NRL itself.

For years I've watched referees consistently ref against us. Maxwell, Cecchin and im sure there are a few others that if you hear them reffing the warriors you know we're in for a tough night. Just before the game in the chat room i said that we had a long night once i found out it was cecchin and reynolds.
These guys blew penalties at crucial times to allow Melbourne sizeable advantage, of course im not excusing the defensive efforts but Matulino and luke were penalized for nothing really which led to points.

The sin binning of ayshford was horrendous, we've all seen worse that warranted a send off and the consistency wasnt reflected when luke was tackled before a player was onside. The player that impeded hoffman in the other game didnt even get sent off so i dont know what im watching anymore.

The bunker has no fucking idea whats happening. The video ref system has gone horribly wrong in rugby league thats its disturbing and disgusting to see how many things are reviewed. 2 identical obstruction plays yet both ruled differently. Yet we see these calls on a weekly basis against the warriors.

Ive grown tired of the way the warriors are treated, I love away wins not only because of the joy of beating the opposition but you know youve had to outdo the refs as well which makes it more special but its impossible to be consistent winners when the reffing varies so much as rugby leagues does, some refs want an even contest so no one will get sent off, some inconsistently discipline even randomly. This isnt a gripe just about warriors but i see it week in week out happening to other teams.

I was impressed to see trent robinson call out ben cummings, these refs should be named and made aware of. They should also be accountable, losing match checks or even missing out on marquee games.

I hate to bring up cleary but it was under his watch that the last sight of joy I had being a warriors fan. It was the last time i felt like we had run of 6-7 wins in a row. Ever since then as fans we've had to endure, literally endure rubbish on a bi-weekly basis. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. 5 years of shit with a team that hasnt improved at all in any position or in any department apart from Jim Doyle. We've hoped that the attitude would improve yet the same culture exists. 3 coaches with probably a fourth in 5 years.

Where do we go from here?

Manu, Lilyman, Hoffman, Mannering, Matulino, TL have to go.

Matulino because i think he falls in to the comforts of this environment that I think a new place would be good. The rest because their done at the warriors.

The development program should be dropped, we arent producing the right talent while others go to other clubs and succeed which comes back to benefit the kiwis but not the warriors. A new scouting team need to control our country and find the talent, the real talent.

Shaun should be shopped overseas. I fear he's a player that needs the perfect environment before he will do anything i.e a monster forward pack and a supportive half. He cant grind out a win to save himself and with the warriors you need a half who can figure out a way no matter what the situation e.g Stacey. Hes a great talent but he's had five years as the go to half after maloney left and he hasnt done shit.

Now all this goes out the window if we can find a special coach who can truely tap into the minds of these guys and can impose enough on the culture of the club and its players to make huge changes. I dont think theres anyone that really want the gig though. This club needs a special coach, we cant take assitance we need a legit premiership winning coach. If we can find one that wont take shit and will drop players on a dime for even looking at him wrong while motivating players to perform beyond the opposition and the refs then keep shaun keep everybody because this team has the talent they just dont have the mental strength to play this thing called Rugby League on a weekly basis.

As for me, I think I'm done for the year at least, Like most of us we hold the warriors as high priority but its moved down the ladder a few runs after last night. I wont fall for a win over the dragons or even a back to back win. The club has been in tatters and driving just above E for the last 5 years now. We've all been fooled, yet the truth of this club always reveals itself. Of course Ill hope, ill dream of just the playoffs not even a premiership but its become too hard that I've got to give it a break.

I'll be around because I love this place and the men and women who post here but to be honest the boys took a piece of my fandom away last night with that performance.

While I agree with parts of your statement (having lived in Sydney for three years) would you kindly explain why in Rugby NZ do far better than Australians?

If your talking about the AB's Fred it's a combination of culture, work ethic and pure talent, that also trickles back through our local franchises when players go back to their provinces. In League we just don't have that same legacy to draw from ... the Aussies on the other hand.

Watch them turn up next week and most likely win because they have been given a huge rev up mid week by the staff and media, then slacken off after they get the W! Sameeeeee thing happens every year week on week. I just don't get it.

Feel like turning up to the airport and booing these mugs home. Maybe some action like that from fans will penetrate some of their thick skulls.

Also dont know why people are saying get rid of Hoffman so much, if only half the team had his hunger and attitude we might get somewhere. I didn't watch much of last nights game so maybe he had a mare but his other games he actually runs on to it gusto and keeps that speed up into the line not this slow jog crap some of them do.

The rest are just clipping the ticket and a loss is no big deal. No doubt after the game there were plenty of laughs on the way home.

wellyboy

Contributor
We cant blame the coach. He didnt miss the tackles, fumble the ball, played with no freakn heart. Ive supported this team through all the hard times.
To many kiwis in this side to much having fun not enough hard work! Don't want to be rude to the north island guys but to me this is why Canterbury league and rugby go so well we pick a nice mix of players and train hard. its not a matter of being the strongest fastest or best player its a matter of playing hard as a team and a coach that can get that team to click. This buying back kiwi players from over in aus is not good ether beside RTS it has never worked, if we are going to put kiwis in the side we have 5 or 6 players in our b team all trying to get in and our coach has over looked them time and time again:mad::mad:
Your absolutely right. The warriors has this thing that bringing in big island boys is number 1 priority. Then we see after that they lack the basics and mental toughness. Ill pick the average joe that will do the 1% and give his all for the full 80.

Reactions: Akkerz and OMG
Like many here I may have come to a tipping point. Not only with the warriors but also the NRL itself.

For years I've watched referees consistently ref against us. Maxwell, Cecchin and im sure there are a few others that if you hear them reffing the warriors you know we're in for a tough night. Just before the game in the chat room i said that we had a long night once i found out it was cecchin and reynolds.
These guys blew penalties at crucial times to allow Melbourne sizeable advantage, of course im not excusing the defensive efforts but Matulino and luke were penalized for nothing really which led to points.

The sin binning of ayshford was horrendous, we've all seen worse that warranted a send off and the consistency wasnt reflected when luke was tackled before a player was onside. The player that impeded hoffman in the other game didnt even get sent off so i dont know what im watching anymore.

The bunker has no fucking idea whats happening. The video ref system has gone horribly wrong in rugby league thats its disturbing and disgusting to see how many things are reviewed. 2 identical obstruction plays yet both ruled differently. Yet we see these calls on a weekly basis against the warriors.

Ive grown tired of the way the warriors are treated, I love away wins not only because of the joy of beating the opposition but you know youve had to outdo the refs as well which makes it more special but its impossible to be consistent winners when the reffing varies so much as rugby leagues does, some refs want an even contest so no one will get sent off, some inconsistently discipline even randomly. This isnt a gripe just about warriors but i see it week in week out happening to other teams.

I was impressed to see trent robinson call out ben cummings, these refs should be named and made aware of. They should also be accountable, losing match checks or even missing out on marquee games.

I hate to bring up cleary but it was under his watch that the last sight of joy I had being a warriors fan. It was the last time i felt like we had run of 6-7 wins in a row. Ever since then as fans we've had to endure, literally endure rubbish on a bi-weekly basis. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. 5 years of shit with a team that hasnt improved at all in any position or in any department apart from Jim Doyle. We've hoped that the attitude would improve yet the same culture exists. 3 coaches with probably a fourth in 5 years.

Where do we go from here?

Manu, Lilyman, Hoffman, Mannering, Matulino, TL have to go.

Matulino because i think he falls in to the comforts of this environment that I think a new place would be good. The rest because their done at the warriors.

The development program should be dropped, we arent producing the right talent while others go to other clubs and succeed which comes back to benefit the kiwis but not the warriors. A new scouting team need to control our country and find the talent, the real talent.

Shaun should be shopped overseas. I fear he's a player that needs the perfect environment before he will do anything i.e a monster forward pack and a supportive half. He cant grind out a win to save himself and with the warriors you need a half who can figure out a way no matter what the situation e.g Stacey. Hes a great talent but he's had five years as the go to half after maloney left and he hasnt done shit.

Now all this goes out the window if we can find a special coach who can truely tap into the minds of these guys and can impose enough on the culture of the club and its players to make huge changes. I dont think theres anyone that really want the gig though. This club needs a special coach, we cant take assitance we need a legit premiership winning coach. If we can find one that wont take shit and will drop players on a dime for even looking at him wrong while motivating players to perform beyond the opposition and the refs then keep shaun keep everybody because this team has the talent they just dont have the mental strength to play this thing called Rugby League on a weekly basis.

As for me, I think I'm done for the year at least, Like most of us we hold the warriors as high priority but its moved down the ladder a few runs after last night. I wont fall for a win over the dragons or even a back to back win. The club has been in tatters and driving just above E for the last 5 years now. We've all been fooled, yet the truth of this club always reveals itself. Of course Ill hope, ill dream of just the playoffs not even a premiership but its become too hard that I've got to give it a break.

I'll be around because I love this place and the men and women who post here but to be honest the boys took a piece of my fandom away last night with that performance.

So much there that I have to agree with. Especially about the players and coaches. Time for some wholesale changes
In the past I have happily watched 3 or 4 or even 5 games a weekend but over the last couple of years its the Warriors and sometimes the Dogs but it's more that I support the teams than the game. Apart from that I don't want to watch league anymore. The game itself really has gone to shit. It's a business, it's all about money and league just happens to be the product that this business is marketing. And I think I'm pretty much over the Warriors too so maybe one game a week?
Having referees that are so incompetent that rules have to be made and enforced to stop them being criticised is ludicrous. It's emperors new clothes stuff. Everyone can see that they are absolutely hopeless but no one can speak out
And the rule changes are killing the game. I come from a union background but I stopped watching 20 odd years ago when there were so many rules came in no one knew them all except pedantic refs and the game became about refs and rules. League is rapidly heading down that track too
And the PC bullshit is so . How come a punch is shocking and a blight on the game but footage of it leads the sports news so that everyone can watch and enjoy it. (and be outraged if they want) No punching has meant that all sorts of niggle and sledging go on because the guys doing it know they won't get a slap or worse. As for Women In League and all the other feel good stuff Jesus wept
For the Warriors themselves I am beginning to think that time may be nearly up. We have had so many coaches and players come and go and nothing has changed. Apart from one season under Anderson we have never been more than average and for at least half the clubs history we have been terrible. It can't just be the coaches and players because they come and go and the results don't change. It can only be the club itself that is toxic. But I guess if it makes money for the NRL all will be forgiven so long as we keep putting crap teams out for the Aussie sides to beat
Enough really is enough. I love the Warriors and I will probably carry on watching but I am finding more and more over the last few seasons I am taking perverse delight in watching them find ways to self destruct. Probably not healthy but I'm a Warriors fan

Reactions: Akkerz
"in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?"

Agreed, our players have got the "black belt" mentality, you think you've made it and the work is done because you've managed to attain the rank of shodan until someone older and much wiser tells you that Black is just an intermediary belt and the learning starts all over again. Stop buying into your own bullshit and face reality is a message some of our player need to hear.

You'd expect a black belt to have a fair grasp on the basics.
We looked more like a pub brawler who got thrown in the ring with a professional fighter.
Seriously schooled.

Certainly looks to be...hes on his phone probably checking the forums on what his next selections for this weeks game against the Dragon's should be. j/ks

Gotta feel for him. Being a coach of this team would drive anyone nuts.
He's either trying to upload his CV to a job website...or the two bald blokes are using google to look for a barber...

Fuck my Anzac day sucked Arse

I woke up early with something Novo Virus like, it could of been food poisoning.

1st 4 to 5 hrs of the day I spent in the seated position evacuating what felt like every drop of H20 and sustenance contained within my shell errupting from Myanus, topped off with 30 minutes of some of the most violent vomitting I have ever known.
Little did I know that this was just the foreplay to what really was a cu** of a depressing day.
The Supporter Psyche fair took a hammering on Black Mundy, I really felt quite violated and humiliated on a personal level and I dont remember feeling that way after the Pamfers flogging, but it could of been the whole day that fucked me over.

26hrs on and the health is on the up and the mind is telling me to Suck it the Fuck up Princess you ain't going support another team.
Truth is it might take us another 5 years to get the right pack for Shaun Johnson to win us a GF if we ever do.