Post Match NRL 2016 - Rnd 4 - Warriors vs Knights Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Was Konrad Hurrell the right person for the bench?

• Yes

• Unsure

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shaun Johnson seems to be back to his best.

for real? he looks incredibly hesitant and still way low on confidence. That game will help with that of course.. thanks Knights for being the worst team ever.

I can't even be slightly optimistic after that performance. We look AWFUL with the ball.

Shaun Johnson's, Manu's, and Lukes tries should have been disallowed the defense was so bad.

Inruin

Contributor
for real? he looks incredibly hesitant and still way low on confidence. That game will help with that of course.. thanks Knights for being the worst team ever.

I can't even be slightly optimistic after that performance. We look AWFUL with the ball.

Shaun Johnson's, Manu's, and Lukes tries should have been disallowed the defense was so bad.
agreed. Positive was the 2 competition points.

We will need to improve massively in the coming weeks.

Good time to get the Roosters maybe? Or the worst?

Not going to nitpick too much. I'm just fucking glad we won.

Kata stood out for all the right reasons today, hopefully he'll be okay after all of those knocks. Some great plays in attack, big returns and huge hits on defence In general, the centres and wingers actually did their jobs and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck finally looks to be asserting himself.

Shaun Johnson is growing in confidence too. Lets be honest, he's coming back from a broken ankle. His first few games were always going to be a bit slow.

Luke was ... not at his best. Tried a bit too hard in places I think. He's improving though. Once things are a bit happier at home, I'm sure he'll be back to his best. Thankfully Jazz has debuted so well and Roach has been strong too.

The forwards were really good today as well, particularly in the second half. Lisone, Vete and Gubb were trying to kill people in defence. I won't be surprised if Lillyman loses his starting spot to one of them before the end of the season. Right now, having some strong benchies seems like a good way to go though.

The only one I'm really looking at with an unhappy face is Robson. He's gone ASAP when TL is fit (and has gotten through an NSW Cup game or two) so poor on defence and a non factor in attack most of the time. Tries hard, but just isn't that good.

bruce

Contributor
he better sides won't give us as many opportunities as the Knights did so giving away easy tries like that will cost us against the better sides.
Watching the Eels v Tigers is a lesson in defensive effort and what it does. It really tests an attack to the point they panic and take silly options. The Tigers were just defended out of the game when their attack is not that bad and would have scored tries against the Warriors. The Eels seemed more concerned about defence than attack.

Reactions: snake77

ToiletDuck

Administrator

You're obviously not a real fan.

Nah I agree. I guess the positives for me are that for the first 5 mins Charlie Gubb is on the field, we have what looks like half decent line speed on defense. That'd be one. The other positive, possibly RTVS, maybe Tevaga again? But yeah we are firmly entrenched in the bottom part of the table, bottom 2 really.

Watching the Eels v Tigers is a lesson in defensive effort and what it does. It really tests an attack to the point they panic and take silly options. The Tigers were just defended out of the game when their attack is not that bad and would have scored tries against the Warriors. The Eels seemed more concerned about defence than attack.

So, we scored 40, they scored 18. Does that mean we had a better attack (40) than them or a better defence (18)

We won...woop woop!!

That should shut the fucker that does the voice overs for One News up for a week!!

Robson isn't a superstar player and I have no doubt he will make way for Loolooeye when he is back...but I didn't think he was as bad as everyone is making out today. Yes he started pretty poorly with a dropped ball, dud pass and missed tackle in the first half but he was solid in the second half.

We won...woop woop!!

That should shut the fucker that does the voice overs for One News up for a week!!

Robson isn't a superstar player and I have no doubt he will make way for Loolooeye when he is back...but I didn't think he was as bad as everyone is making out today. Yes he started pretty poorly with a dropped ball, dud pass and missed tackle in the first half but he was solid in the second half.

I don't normally watch One news, can't stand that dude Saville and his dancing eyebrows, especially when he starts that whole bouncing on his toes shit as well, but I did catch some of it last night, the Warriors weren't even the story but one of those knobs managed to get a jibe in about them being winless. Only us fans can bag them.