minute

Improved defensive effort?

• Yes

• Barely

• Still shit!

• No

• Its worse!

Results are only viewable after voting.
At least our for and against is better then the Roosters. Be happy people.

Can you hear that McFadden!?? That's the sound of an axe falling on your coaching career at this club:hilarious:.

Reactions: bruce

Danpatmac

Can anyone PLEASE explain Gavet penalty when he kicked on fifth and tackled the guy? Too hard? Too low?

part 6 of the laws of the game around misconduct in tackles

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 6.27.21 pm.png

Reactions: brightman
Shauny J had ONE hit-up in the first half, and NONE in the second. The positive? is that he at least doesn't listen to his critics. Robbo was horrible, I thought. Can't kick, can't tackle, can't run. What he does have going for him is that he's bald like Cappy, an Aussie like Cappy, and a halfback like Cappy. Gubb and Gavet were excellent with their energy levels.

Can anyone PLEASE explain Gavet penalty when he kicked on fifth and tackled the guy? Too hard? Too low?

Pretty much.. Tackled him hard and low = penalty and on report for some reason. All that was missing was Bromwich losing the ball and getting the call go his way.

Johnson was trash, people will make excuses for him, leap to his defence, but his kicking was rubbish and he ran the ball with purpose twice in the whole game.

Before I get lumped in with the crazies and trolls, I don't think he should play reserve grade, or another position, they just need to find the magic button where he starts playing to win and not just to collect a paycheck.

Grit from the rest of the team, Hoffman was better, sheck had his best game, fine effort tevaga.

Team had no idea, no idea at all in the last 5, that's where Manu has covered for the forwards over the years, a vatuvei charge and fast play the ball is all the Warriors have to give them impetus late in a game it won't come from numbers 8-13.

Perenara was terrible, but the Warriors and storm weren't much better, scrappy encounter.
Perenara obviously had a hard on for lying around in the tackle though the timing wasn't overly terrible FROM either side I've seen worse. It was a fairly even game - though Warriors have far more to offer on offense than the storm, they'd had a couple of handling errors that proved crucial for momentum and that was that.

Is McFadden a good coach....fucked if I know but all the evidence points towards a resounding NO!
His selection and bench interchange choices beggars belief!
Shaun at 6? Matulino off the bench? Roache on the bench whilst he debuts a rookie hooker?
Same old pathetic skills base we've been seeing for years so that's the only thing in Cappys defence.
Is this club uncoachable? If so WHY?
Apparently, no amount of money is going to deliver us a premiership!
MOM...easily Tuvaga

Reactions: frankspence

Danpatmac

All of Gubbs tackles were the exact same technique, only difference was that Gavet got him front on. Good legs tackle IMO.. Munster milked it, he almost got through on the ensuing set from that penalty.

You are entitled to your opinion... but I think it is wrong. It was totally different to Gubb's hence why Gubb wasn't penalised.

It was a dangerous tackle and certainly met the requirements for the penalty according to the laws of the game

They use Part 6 when a tackler is being held and the second or third tackler goes for the legs. But when you tackle the legs with both arms? Can't tackle high or low. Gotta go for the middle.

BTW if they are gonna send Hurrell to the B team for lack of defense, gotta do the same for Robbo.

You are entitled to your opinion... but I think it is wrong. It was totally different to Gubb's hence why Gubb wasn't penalised.

It was a dangerous tackle and certainly met the requirements for the penalty according to the laws of the game

Agree to disagree. First thing you're taught in league is to tackle around the legs, which is what gavet did. If another player was holding him in the tackle and gavet hit him like that, then it would be another story, but I didn't have any issues with that tackle.