minute

Improved defensive effort?

• Yes

• Barely

• Still shit!

• No

• Its worse!

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Last year was a tough year for me [after an Anterior Cruciate Ligament rupture], being away from family and being shown the door from the Warriors," he said.
Cappy Had Better Players Wright Allgood and Ayshford Bunch of Rejects and He Kept Playing Dane Nielson when he tookover as Coach Told You Then he was Crap after two games but you all knew Better.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Inruin

Contributor
I think with 16 missed tackles in 3 games Robson must surely be doing the best Chris Sandow impersonation
true, I was more refering to freakishly gifted but completely inconsistant but you are right. Though Robbo isnt exactly being helped out by our captain either.

Reactions: 1 user
Robbo has the second most missed tackles in the NRL now. Even more than Maloney!

Alarm bells must be ringing by now at HQ. I understand they brought him in for his "composure"... And it's entirely possible that, given Tommy is injured, he the most composed half we have that's fit. But, as I understand it, isn't the job of the half back to be the focal point of the attack? At least, to pose some sort of threat on attack? In that sense, I'm not sure Robbo could claim to be fulfilling his duty. Moreover, we look just as panicked on attack out there as ever, and add the fact that he's literally, statically one of the worst defenders in the comp.... And I can't make much of an argument for his place in first grade.

If Tui is the future, or Ata - why are we playing someone that realistically won't be here next year? Surely one of those two would at least provide more on attack, probably more on defense and going by our shape in attack as it stands, could do no worse on the composure front...

Reactions: 2 users
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck does rack up big meters but I reckon he's using too much energy taking hit ups that he doesn't have too. Reliefe runs and kick returns are a must and he's very good at it but I get frustrated when he pops in mid set and takes a hit up for the sake of it.
His energy can be better utilised supporting and then setting up for the big sweep play.
Did anyone see him in the first half take a hit up when we were hot on attack, then in the same set receive the ball on the sweeping play down the right in space but was gassed because of the previous hit up. Something more could've come of that play if he wasn't gassed from the hit up.
He is so crucial to our attack that I just think he needs to be smarter about when and where to inject himself.
Sounds like we need a big winger who could take an early hit up and quick play the ball....or we could move him to the forwards.

• Haha
I'm not sold on Tui as half (when has he looked good playing there for the Warriors or Kiwis.. I firmly believe he should play centre), but the way Robson is playing, Tui is generally becoming an better option at 6.

It's even making me wonder when Tommy AKA shoulders is back from injury, and I'm no fan at all! Does similar stuff with ball in hand but at least I can trust his defence.

Still don't understand Johnson to 6, just goes to show the coaches aren't focusing on the right stuff ATM. If the number on his back makes no difference to what he does on the field, then why fucking change it in the first place :mad: :banghead:

Interesting to see the referees report on NRL about the Gavet tackle… He had a 'wrapping motion' and the tackle was fine. Essentially saying it shouldn't even have been a penalty let alone a report. Also saying the bunker had said at the time that it was not a reportable incident.
And we only listen to the bunker if it's against the warriors?

• Haha
I'm not sold on Tui as half (when has he looked good playing there for the Warriors or Kiwis.. I firmly believe he should play centre), but the way Robson is playing, Tui is generally becoming an better option at 6.

It's even making me wonder when Tommy AKA shoulders is back from injury, and I'm no fan at all! Does similar stuff with ball in hand but at least I can trust his defence.

Still don't understand Johnson to 6, just goes to show the coaches aren't focusing on the right stuff ATM. If the number on his back makes no difference to what he does on the field, then why fucking change it in the first place :mad: :banghead:
I felt the same way about Anthony Milford at the broncos last year. He was dreadful during his first 6 rounds and calls were being fired from the pros that Bennett should play him at Fullback. The skinny coach knew better and as cliche as it may sound, the rest is History.

In the Walker, Milford No 6 model eh? A good comparison.

I wouldn't say Lolohea has the same level of class as those guys, plus have a more settled dominating No 7 beside them..

But, if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Luke and Johnson can click, I can't see why having a roaming running 6 wouldn't work. Unfortunately Cappy is not in that frame of mind though, seemingly wanting to get some solid, workman like half in there to level out the brilliance..

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
So like the new Super Saiyan?

I'm talking about all time NRL as well, not just a Warrior's record.
thats 16 games in a row. Mentioned in commentary, pre game i think they said it was the sea eagles pre NRL days.

Inruin

Contributor
Thanks Craig Bellamy
he has more reason to be upset at the refs. Forward pass to Wright for the try. Disallowed try for blocking apparently. That's 8-12 point swing right there. Refs didn't cost us the game, they kept us in it. And unfortunately, it didn't cross Shaun Johnson's mind to actually try and win it.

Bleat on about Robson or Hoffman or whoever. Our 'superstar' half went missing, again.

And he will show up against the Knights and everyone will be like 'thats why we love him, where are his detractors now?'. I'll still be right here because beating a woefull knights means nothing. Turning up each week does and as freakish as he is, he doesn't have a solid base game to fall back on. I would take Cronk, DCE, Adam Reynolds etc over him anytime.

I find it laughable that the players on the field didn't consider the field goal yet the 15,000 plus crowd were all yelling for one LOL

Easy to be an armchair supporter and say what needs to be done, but things like that should have been an immediate thought at that time in the game and how close it was.