01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Improved defensive game?

• Yes

• Barely

• No

• Same shit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's exactly what they did in the 1st half vs Broncos, 19/20 sets, 1 error and they still weren't in front. But I know where you're coming from, it's the same exact strategy Kearney uses to great effect, with Shaun Johnson the winning X factor.
12 10 at half time and it was anyone's game...

But losing Manu and Ayshford was a blow that we couldn't recover from... Our edge defense turned to mud..

Reactions: 4 users
These players are not bad players. They get selected in Origin and international teams because they know they have the talent to perform. And they always do a good job at rep level. Put them in the right environment and they are world class. Select them at the Warriors and the weight of the world is on their shoulders. Its too hard. How do you stand out when there's practically no structure? How do you stand out when the coach is hell bent on picking players out of position and bringing in journeymen (Robson, Ayshford are journeymen, Lillyman and Hoffman are definitely not) to play those roles? How do you stand out when players of immense potential just don't develop in our systems? How is Manu a spent force? He had another good season last year despite the woes of the club. And for mine, when he went off, our go forward grinded to a halt. He was having I thought an excellent match. Time and time again he and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, and TBF Kata, were putting us on the front foot early in sets. From there though we have absolutely no structure to capitalise on.

Simon Mannering is definitely world class. He's the captain of the Kiwis and widely acknowledged as our most professional player. Despite whatever happens around, you know what you are going to get with Mannering. He will tackle anything that moves. And he won't back down from the 1%ers.
Great post - Simon Mannering is always my first pick, total professional indeed and the guy is a machine, doesn't stop until end of the 80. I'm in the camp of that Crappy is not the right coach for this team - you are so right about his manlove for bringing in average Journeyman - although Ayshford has gone OK, Wright/Robson would not be in my team. I think that possibly Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could fall into the same category as Lillyman/Hoffman, in the Roosters he was in that winning environment and was to a point world class and now he is in a team that has little or no structure, would like to know what metres he has run so far although it is still only round 2. Will be interesting to see what happens in the weeks ahead but to be honest i don't see a lot changing with McCrappy there. Would be happy for McCrappy to go but i guess the dilemma is finding the right replacement for him. :D

Reactions: 1 user

But losing Manu and Ayshford was a blow that we couldn't recover from... Our edge defense turned to mud..
Seriously Jonno, with 2 tries already down Ayshford's edge I think that injury was probably a blessing in deguise. Yes we missed Manu but would you say we missed his defence or his go forward?

The Warriors don't have the Kiwi's culture. If they did they'd fight to the death for every inch of territory.

And if Hoffman can't cut it as captain then nobody can IMO...
It is painfully obvious that they don't have the Kiwis culture, if they did they wouldn't have lost 10 on the trot and looked, at times, completely out of there depth. Whatever culture they have at the moment clearly doesn't work or generate results on the field. Just because everyone (players, coaches etc) say the culture is great doesn't mean this is true, in the same way I could say the earth is flat but looking at the evidence would suggest otherwise.

I have no doubt that Hoffman could be a very good captain at another club. Time will tell whether he is any good at the Warriors.

Reactions: 1 users
So polarized on here today....

It was stinking hot, we lost 2 outside backs and the best coach in the history of the sport beat us. I'm moving on to next week...

Reactions: 3 users
I actually thought the 2nd try edge defence wasn't awful, they didn't number up on the inside, reed went through the gap but at least they regrouped to cover the support players, a poor one on one tackle changed a line break into a try.

First try was annoying because it was designed specifically to exploit our laziness and lack of concentration. It wouldn't have worked against other teams

Better performance but we need better plays.
Shit chip n chase was around when i played.

We were down to 2 on the bench.
But has anyone seen Shaun been missing last 2 rounds.
Luke couldn't play 60 mins let alone 80.
Ashford did okay while on field.
Hurrel back next week .

I think we were so much better this week.
We just have to chase the ball more.
Agree effort much better most times, Johnson thinks he's playing for Manchester United no set plays, no decoy runners, no inside balls just no idea really.

Our edge defence was mud before they got injured. Bronco mistakes is what kept us in the game

bruce

Contributor
I think that possibly RTS could fall into the same category as Lillyman/Hoffman, in the Roosters he was in that winning environment and was to a point world class and now he is in a team that has little or no structure,
The Warriors are above the Roosters on the table:bookworm:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
On the captaincy issue it is pretty obvious Princess has his nose out of joint that he wasn't appointed. So he has decided to not run the ball.
I think its pretty obvious he didnt take the line on cause he wanted the last piece of cake but Cappy pulled rank and took it. He has every right to be pissed off and hopefully Cappy learnt his lesson...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think its pretty obvious he didnt take the line on cause he wanted the last piece of cake but Cappy pulled rank and took it. He has every right to be pissed off and hopefully Cappy learnt his lesson...

Totally, factually incorrect. Jimmy D parked in his spot.

Who the hell does he think he is... The CEO?

• Haha

ToiletDuck

Administrator
POST MATCH | 'It was a real battle'
Sat 12th March, 02:12AM
Post match media conference with head coach Andrew McFadden and captain Ryan Hoffman.

https://www.warriors.kiwi/content/warriors/club/news/2016/03/11/rd_2_press_conferencewarriors.html

What's the point in even watching...

Couldn't give a toss what BS he has to say. He should just come out and say what everyone else is: "I'm not good enough, the players aren't good enough, we're not improving and we won't improve all season. Hence we got soundly beaten."

• Haha

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Is anyone else of the opinion that Ryan Hoffman is just about the most ineffective ball carrier in the competition? I mean he has descended to Matt Prior type level of ineffectiveness. 12 runs for 64m, that is like 5 meters a hit-up, even Simon managed 8 meters per hitup...which is about usual for him. Why is this guy playing 80 minutes?

Reactions: 11 users
Straight up Hoffman's been crap for ages. Living on reputation.. Just another player going through the motions contributing fark all.

Too many head knocks the guy is a shadow of his former self.

One of the best at dealing with the ozzy media so he gets the captain gig.

Hasn't dominated or influenced a game since Origin 2014 when he was man of the series with Hayne.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
What's the point in even watching...

Couldn't give a toss what BS he has to say. He should just come out and say what everyone else is: "I'm not good enough, the players aren't good enough, we're not improving and we won't improve all season. Hence we got soundly beaten."
LOL tell us how you really feel bro. Big fan of Cappys I take it...

• Haha

Mr Bob

Contributor
Straight up Hoffman's been crap for ages. Living on reputation.. Just another player going through the motions contributing fark all.

Too many head knocks the guy is a shadow of his former self.

One of the best at dealing with the ozzy media so he gets the captain gig.

Hasn't dominated or influenced a game since Origin 2014 when he was man of the series with Hayne.

This.

He really is a poor man's version of Mannering right now. We're literally one player short with him taking up a spot in our forwards.

I really hope he turns it around - but its not looking good two games into the season.

For shits and giggles, lets give C to Shaun Johnson and see what happens?