Post Match NRL 2016 - Rnd 1 - Tigers vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute
Some of the selections and decisions made by the coaching staff were abysmal.

Hurrell is too good to leave out of this team.
Bodene is our best back rower.
Matulino should never ever ever start from the bench.
Ben Henry should never be picked again.
Luke needs to be dumped to NSW cup to wake his fat ass up.
Gavet is perfect for bench impact with Lisone.
Vete back into the 17.
Roach and Robson to cover the 9.
Johnson and Lolohea in the halves.
Manu to the bench.
Me to the looney bin.

I like what your saying there, BUT would say this

Shaun Johnson back into 7, he just seems uncomfortable right now at 6, however, Roach into 6.
Robson to NSW cup
Hurrell back in the side
Manu to the bench as an impact player

So back line would read....
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 KH
3 TUI
4 Kata
5 ( fill in who you think )
6 Roache
7 Shaun Johnson

Pfft Ayshford ain't shit. What about those two chances 10 metres from the line? Konnie would have scored those tries all day.. remember Konnie in the All Stars carrying 4 players over the line to score? but no Ayshford can't score to save himself, farkin mug.

What about Kata.. can't tackle, can't hold the ball but everyone gloats about him, what a mug.

Then Lolohea and Manu kill all the momentum by knocking on in the second half. Kata, Lolohea, Manu, same dumb shit all the time.

NRLStats has only the following players not missing a tackle.
Lolohea (made 2)
Gavet (made 17)
Matulino (made 25)
Roache (made 13 )
Lisone (made 16)

On the shocking front...
RTS missed 2 and made 2
Kata missed 3 and made 6
Vatuvei missed 2 and made 1
Robson missed 5 and made 13
Of the guys not missing any tackles Gavet, Matulino that is impressive for the amount of work they were doing. Roache that's a good bit of work from the young fella.

The others it kind of shows where we were leaking points. What happened to the Robson that spent a whole game cutting down Matulino, oh he put on a Warriors jersey.:mad: It was a bad night to start with for him with the run up and point then the guys runs straight through.

Someone said no tries were conceded down the right. So from a game winning perspective, our right edge won their battle comfortably...

The left edge got butt raped tho, and we lost...

Last edited:
These are the games that come back to bite us in the ass at the end of the year. Those 6 points from the horried bunker call is an example of this. Yes the team sucked today and a few should either be dropped or demoted for performance.
I love this club but hate the dumb decesion making from the top.
No hurrell to make way for ayhsford?
Manu needs to play from the bench.
Henry straight back into 1st grade?
The list goes on.

If cappy keeps his job I thinks its just another year of what could have beens.

We will come good but just another feather in the cap for the hating presenters like sterlo to give us shit about.

Reactions: way2sharp
Pfft Ayshford ain't shit. What about those two chances 10 metres from the line? Konnie would have scored those tries all day.. remember Konnie in the All Stars carrying 4 players over the line to score? but no Ayshford can't score to save himself, farkin mug.

What about Kata.. can't tackle, can't hold the ball but everyone gloats about him, what a mug.

Then Lolohea and Manu kill all the momentum by knocking on in the second half. Kata, Lolohea, Manu, same dumb shit all the time.
Hurrell does all that dumb shit as well... But he is good at bulldozing over the line.

Unless the opposition are a little more attentive to his particular strength and he doesn't get the same opportunity to get close like a normal center does...

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Shit first half killed us, would have possibly been a first tonight-being pissed off even if we had won.

Only a slight consolation is that we atleast offered a bit of fight after the shit start.

I've been relatively supportive of Cappy in the past but it's clear he ain't up to it and not a lot has changed since last year.

Gavet can hold his head up high, not sure about the rest

Reactions: Defence and Stone
Hmm, on the bright side Johnson seems largely unaffected from his serious injury.The team actually fought back into it instead of letting the massacre continue as per the norm. Bodene was also shining light in a losing team.

You know, I was originally thinking I might keep my pitchforks in the shed after the team surprisingly fought back into the contest. But when you think how much the game started to change once Matulino and Bodene started getting into a groove after coming off the bench, and how likely it would have been a try had Konnie and been running the lines Ayshford ran, I think I'll bring them out after all.

Shaun Johnson was very average 1st half at best, his coming out of the line in particular hurt that right hand side big time, but even then he was so far off our worst it's ridiculous.

I'm back on the Hoffman can fuck off train, useless cu**, did he have a sook and make Manners resign??
He made some shocking reads down that left, but Manu is a completely shit winger, I've seen Rusty turn and chase better than him.

Bully was worse than Friend(Im hurting saying that)

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was trying but wanted more.

Why does it take so long for new players to adapt?

Man Crush got much bigger for Brodene, he looked like a lead by example Captain should.

There's a heap to like about that right now, I misjudged how effective Benry would be but I'm happy with Blake's contribution

Not all good tacklers are good defenders and not all good defenders are good tacklers.

Sure he may have been more poised to score in those positions but imagine how many tries he would have leaked in on the opposite end?

Tigers would have ripped us to shreds on both sides of the park....

Nah bullshit all you mugs with hard ons for Ayshford. He was shit.

28 - 4 in the first half. pfft where was the defence from him? Simona carved his ass.

Doesn't really matter who we put on the paddock against the Broncos, they will murder us.
1030 pm nz time the game starts.

Lots of comments about tui to 7 or 6.
Hasn't he been been tried there and failed.

Need to find our best side for game 3 at mt smart.
Feel for Ben Henry he made 3 tackles in a row and got squashed on the 3rd.

The ball needs to be in the hands of the best player as often as possible to make the best of it. For us that is Shaun Johnson, so why on earth would anyone move him out of position when the halfback is always amongst the play.

There are too many questions of Cappy
I think Shaun Johnson is suited to the six jersey more room to move. Lolohea needs to play 7 trust his play like bennett did with milford and we will get it right. Robsons just to slow.