Team List NRL 2015 Round 26 - Bulldogs vs Warriors Team List

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeepers that says a lot about our half options huh? Hopefully Lino kicks on from this opportunity he's had to push for a spot next season. I agree that Lolohea is best on the wing and with our shocking options there needs to play there as well.

I know right. Thanks a lot recruitment for leaving us with little option.

What concerns me even more is Mcfaddy's already stated he wants Shaun Johnson to play 6 and have more a running role and leaving the organising to whoever his halves partner is (which for mine rules Lolohea out). Given the "organiser" will probably touch/demand the ball more than anyone else Loolooeye (with nowhere near a first grade halves kicking game) with this sort of influence gives me the shits. We all saw last season how his overcalling of Shaun Johnson killed momentum. I like Leuluai as a hooker, but damn he's seriously over rated by this organisation.

Why we continue to limit our best player (either by restricting him to one edge of the park, and next season, probably not even the main halves receiver) is just fucking nuts. Give him the ball when he wants it, where he wants it, and as much as you can....fmd.

Again. we have nothing to be proud of. the warriors have missed more finals than they have made. We should be a power house like the Broncos, Lets aim there and not for the bottom.

Problem is, we got rid of our Wayne Bennett. ..I would wager Anderson would still be our coach and we would have a few premierships by now if the club chose him over a few self important moron players.

Reactions: koolkat and tajhay
They don't ... there just trying to put off the heavy betting syndicates from cleaning them out.... sure winner there the dogs
And there in lies the problem for the bookies. They are setting the odds based on a team who didn't give a shit last week. If they show up ready to play, and the doggies are a little complacent, it could be a boil over...

A lazy Al Bundy on the warriors is on the cards this weekend...

We're due a win. We'll win this game I reckon. Positivity is key.

Those Dogs don't stand a chance especially with Le Chad and Mutts back and if the penalty counts in our favour.. that'll get conspiracy Des going off his nut and another possible 20k fine to boot.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate Andrew for the great job he's done with our team considering the massive unavoidable injury toll to key players I endorse his coaching and believe he's done everything within his power to rid the club of it's toxic culture

You go boys let's do this yuss!.. #LetsGone #Warrior4Life #KeepTheFaith #ProsDayinDayout #OnwardsandUpwards

Why do we have to be a one man team they did it with Manu when they just keeped cross field kicking to him every end of set for a whole year. Now its give it to Johnson see what he can do now he's not there no one noes what to do with the ball someone needs to explain its a team sport.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Kind of sums up the season and peoples feelings when no one wants to post on this thread. Just like our season this thread is well and truly dead...

New Zealand Warriors hoping to salvage pride after dreadful NRL season
DAVID LONG
Last updated 05:00, September 5 2015

1441362047962.jpg

The curtain finally comes down on the Warriors season on Sunday night when in all probability lose their eighth game in a row, against the Bulldogs in Sydney.

There will be plenty of people in the club's Auckland offices breathing a huge sigh of relief once the game is finished, so the plans for next year can continue without weekly 50-point thrashings getting in the way.

The broken ankle picked up by Shaun Johnson against the Sea Eagles in round 20 is often held up as the reason why the Warriors fell away so badly over the back of the season, but that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Thomas Leuluai, Ben Henry, Sam Tomkins, Bodene Thompson, Jacob Lillyman, Ryan Hoffman, Manu Vatuvei, Ngani Laumape and David Fusitua have all been out injured for significant chunks of the season.

Gary Freeman, one of New Zealand's greatest ever players, says all those injuries can't be ignored.

"Like any side in the NRL, once you lose your best players and the leadership roles they have, you're in trouble," Freeman said.

"Once Johnson got that injury, it was hard for anyone to step into his shoes because the new person is expected to be able to do the same things.

"They were looking good for the top eight, then they lose him, but still only need to win half of their games left to make it, but couldn't manage to win any."

Simon Mannering's captaincy has come into question recently. As he is not a great talker to the media, it's easy for some to come to the conclusion that he is not a born leader, but Freeman believes that's rubbish.

"If I was playing now, the guy I'd want beside me more than any other is Simon Mannering, that's how much I rate him," said Freeman, who played 45 tests for the Kiwis between 1986 and 1995.

"You need people in your side that are leaders around the field.

"Everyone talks about his captaincy, but what about all of the different positions he'd had to play this year?

"He's played all over the place to help the team out and whenever these people are critical of Simon, I say leadership is about two things, by actions and words and Simon has both."

Although there's nothing for the Warriors to play for on Sunday, not even avoiding the wooden spoon, a victory over the Bulldogs would at least give the players a lift as they head into the off season.

"You've got to aim for something and that's us," Mannering said.

"We've got one game left, no one gives us a chance but it would mean so much for us to get a win there against a quality team.

"I think it would do a lot for this club.

"The only way we can win is to play the best footy we can. I'm not saying we can't do that, of course we can. We've shown glimpses of it but not had it through a whole game and that's the only way we're going to win this one."

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden also understands that a victory on Sunday will also provide a positive footnote to what's been a dreadful campaign.

"Given the circumstances of the last couple of months, hopefully they realise the importance of this game," he said.

"Obviously, there is a lot of frustration internally, but also externally.

"The fans, sponsors and members are feeling it just as much as us. So from our perspective we've got to treat this as a very important game that we need to try to win."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...ng-to-salvage-pride-after-dreadful-nrl-season

Reactions: Defence
Well that was on the cards after Cappy scolded him for going to a concert 48 hours before a game..horses for courses right now lousy and dumb dumb

Jordan G

Konnie should have been dropped for his effort against the Tigers and I said after the game that if it wasn't for lack of options he'd miss out for sure, but agree if it's due to the concert then it's very strange that DP holds his position.

I guess this means 80 minutes at centre for Peyroux? Against Morris if he plays? Lol at us.

Is there any kind of sweepstakes on how many penalties Lousi will give away this week?

Lousi is a fairly good player skill wise, he's just so damn slow at everything he does, which is probably where the penalties etc come from. His brother was even slower which is hard to imagine, but he was...i dont think there a single fast twitch muscle fibre anywhere in their family.

Danpatmac

Lousi is a fairly good player skill wise, he's just so damn slow at everything he does, which is probably where the penalties etc come from. His brother was even slower which is hard to imagine, but he was...i dont think there a single fast twitch muscle fibre anywhere in their family.

both look like union forwards to me...

I can see what Lousi the human being offers - he is fairly big and fairly strong.
I just don't see what Lousi the rugby league player offers - he is slow, he gives away dumb penalties and he doesn't play with vigour or aggression.

Konnie should have been dropped for his effort against the Tigers and I said after the game that if it wasn't for lack of options he'd miss out for sure, but agree if it's due to the concert then it's very strange that DP holds his position.

I guess this means 80 minutes at centre for Peyroux? Against Morris if he plays? Lol at us

Yeah I guess you can never fault DP for his lack of effort on the field. As for the bolded part........yeah he's gonna get torched if he's marking Morris.

Status
Not open for further replies.