Team List NRL 2015 Round 26 - Bulldogs vs Warriors Team List

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inruin

Contributor
A match environment is the best chance he will get isn't it? Not that the care factor is very high at the moment...
I must say McFaddens flip flopping with Tui is starting to get to me. At the end of last the year he spoke to the media about Lolohea and said "Tui is a halfback", then I hear during the preseason he spent pretty much all of it playing left centre. Then Kata blows it up in the Nines, and takes the left centre job. Lolohea spends the year bouncing around all over the place. Has some good games and McFadden says "we want him to play in the halves next year" and moves him to the halves when Shaun Johnson goes down. Now the season pretty much over and he's moved him to fullback and regarding next year McFadden said to Sterlo "he's a good player he will be there somewhere". How the fu*k is the kid ever gonna be anything more than a sidestepping, slippery ball runner if you don't let him settle into a position!
yes it is but I would argue he isn't learning anything playing half in first grade team. I don't think halves is his best spot. Wing or centre for me. If halves is where they see him then nsw cup under Stacey with specific things to work on would be best. They do need to decide where he is going to play positionally. I think they thought halves was going to be his place and were giving him first grade experience (some of it forced through injury) however they may be rethinking after seeing him play halves last few weeks. I would have him on wing next season.

yes it is but I would argue he isn't learning anything playing half in first grade team. I don't think halves is his best spot. Wing or centre for me. If halves is where they see him then nsw cup under Stacey with specific things to work on would be best. They do need to decide where he is going to play positionally. I think they thought halves was going to be his place and were giving him first grade experience (some of it forced through injury) however they may be rethinking after seeing him play halves last few weeks. I would have him on wing next season.
Yea fair enough. I just think we give up on these young guys too early. I hope they don't give up on Fusitua and Hurrell. The other reason of course that I want Tui in the halves is he is the only one I can see beating out Leuleuai for the 6 jersey next year.

Inruin

Contributor
Yea fair enough. I just think we give up on these young guys too early. I hope they don't give up on Fusitua and Hurrell. The other reason of course that I want Tui in the halves is he is the only one I can see beating out Leuleuai for the 6 jersey next year.
As much as I hate to say this, I think at the moment Thomas would be our best choice at 6. Tui reminds me a bit of the other Tui. Came through 20s in the. Halves but really didn't pick up or develop the skills required for higher grades. Similarly the are better in another position imo.
As for giving up on players, how long do you give them. Particularly Hurrell.

As much as I hate to say this, I think at the moment Thomas would be our best choice at 6. Tui reminds me a bit of the other Tui. Came through 20s in the. Halves but really didn't pick up or develop the skills required for higher grades. Similarly the are better in another position imo.
Is that you Andrew McFadden? You give them as long as you can I guess, before it becomes financially unviable, I don't think Hurrell has outstayed his welcome yet. He isn't that far removed from being absolutely dominant. Surely they can teach him what he needs to know in the next 6 months?! Also he needs to lose weight, including muscle. The Warriors have to realise that there will be a longer natural maturation period (league maturation) for NZ born league players, particularly ones they get from Union.

Inruin

Contributor
Is that you Andrew McFadden? You give them as long as you can I guess, before it becomes financially unviable, I don't think Hurrell has outstayed his welcome yet. He isn't that far removed from being absolutely dominant. Surely they can teach him what he needs to know in the next 6 months?! Also he needs to lose weight, including muscle. The Warriors have to realise that there will be a longer natural maturation period (league maturation) for NZ born league players, particularly ones they get from Union.
I give Hrrell one more off season and then his resuults next season should decide it I would think. They haven't been able to teach him in last two years. Defence and effort appear to be difficult concepts you grasp for him and a lot of our players. Also if you are wanting to change a culture having certain players in your organisation may be detrimental to that.

Reactions: facefacts
Despite the doom and gloom from the last couple months and injuries I think their is nothing more dangerous than someone with nothing to lose. If I were the Dogs I'd be prepairing for unstructured off the cuff high scoring close game. There I said it.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Jeepers that says a lot about our half options huh? Hopefully Lino kicks on from this opportunity he's had to push for a spot next season. I agree that Lolohea is best on the wing and with our shocking options there needs to play there as well.

Reactions: facefacts
Pomkins was poorly managed the whole time.. it was pretty obvious the best position for him was 6, he is too small for the NRL and wouldhave made a MASSIVE diff if managed right.. more sh*t cappy-ness I'm afraid. He is a class player - FULL STOP!

That has to fall on Tomkins himself though - if I understand correctly, he requested the move to fullback while at Wigan and is the incumbent English FB so I imagine he might have been reluctant to move. Doesn't do much for his profile to be in the hlaves in the shadow of Johnson.

Right. Did Peyroux come back on and play in the second row or was it just a straight centre sub? TBH I hardly noticed Konrad when he was on the field.

There was a lot of shuffling about after Tomkins went off - I think Peyroux was covering the half role after then, at least on defense.

Reactions: MarkW

Inruin

Contributor
Jeepers that says a lot about our half options huh? Hopefully Lino kicks on from this opportunity he's had to push for a spot next season. I agree that Lolohea is best on the wing and with our shocking options there needs to play there as well.
I like Lino but he cant defend. That is the only advantage Loolooeyes has imo. I would rather he was no where near the halves but options are thin.

Reactions: Boats n Hoes
I like Lino but he cant defend. That is the only advantage Loolooeyes has imo. I would rather he was no where near the halves but options are thin.

Yeah, hopefully this is something Lino can work on much like Shaun Johnson did. He now has a taste of FG and what the requirements are, if he goes away and works on his defensive game then that would be great. I think we all know Cappy is going to use Tui at 6, Manu on the wing, Shite on the other wing etc if he remains unfortunately.

we are paying $10.00 to win at a betting agency called Ladbrokes in Australia, when was the last time a team was ranked that much of an outsider??

Status
Not open for further replies.