Team List NRL 2015 - Round 21 Team vs the Sharks

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomkins needs to step up with his kicking game. Chad needs to stop pushing his luck when looking for field position. Tui can do what ever really, chip in and punt out where he can...

I reckon we don't need to push tricky passed and offloads. If the defense is well set just run hit ups at them until they aren't well set... Then once that happens pop the safe pass to someone in space.

Our backs will score points if we wreck the sharks defense first... Nobody in the NRL would try and deny this about us...

And support the ball runner, cause you never know what might happen. It's like fishing...

Time to see the comp dominating U20s game plan in effect at FG level IMO...
Agree with you about kicking game but the last two games our kicks have been rushed because of the defensive effort both teams put on our kickers, admittedly they were offside for the majority of the game.
Would rather see sharp darts from dummy half and tactics to disrupt this (cheating) swarming defence. One out running will not stop this type of defence.

Agree with you about kicking game but the last two games our kicks have been rushed because of the defensive effort both teams put on our kickers, admittedly they were offside for the majority of the game.
Would rather see sharp darts from dummy half and tactics to disrupt this (cheating) swarming defence. One out running will not stop this type of defence.
A quick play the ball is the best weapon against a swarming defense... Run at the hooker or half back, wrestle to the ground and land facing forward...

Looking for an offload on every hit up is going to kill us... Only if their defense is fractured and slow getting back should we be trying to break their line..

And for fucks sake can someone yell at the ref this time... It's being played at the Mount isn't it?

Far Away Fan

For those of us who want to see Tui as a permanent fixture in the halves, which is almost all of us, this is panning out brilliantly. The timing of Shaun's injury meant we had 19 full games with him in place. It gives us 6 games for Tui to shine his light in, which is just about the right number I reckon, but most importantly, the first two are in a string of three home games. No travel maximises the time available for training. On top of that, our go forward is almost back to full strength, giving the whole team renewed confidence. Sweet!

A quick play the ball is the best weapon against a swarming defense... Run at the hooker or half back, wrestle to the ground and land facing forward...

And this is where our forwards have been getting towelled the last couple of games. Regulary held up at impact, then turned on their back for an age slow play the ball which has allowed the rest of the defensive line to reset and charge up on the ball receiver. Front foot ball? Their hasn't been any. And it doesn't matter wether its Shaun Johnson, Chad, Tomkins or Tui in the halves....their going to struggle if we don't get over the top of them. Manu and Maumolo starting our sets off should (hopefully) see an immediate improvement in this regard and make life a bit easier for our pack to follow.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Luke Lewis out for 3 weeks... Fifita brothers both out until investigation into their side line behaviour at a junior game

Just need Gallen to pull up lame this week and we might be good!
Rather Gallen plays. I reckon Sharks play worse with him there. Guy overcalls his own halves and wants to hit it up 2-3 times a set. Greedy stat chaser who is more concerned about making himself look good than doing whats best for the team. Little wonder the Sharks and NSW have sucked under his reign.

Just need to contain him...

Probably just me but I reckon those Fifita brothers are both clowns.. sometimes their funny but it gets a bit tiresome after a while.. it's like watching two young Willie Mason's act like morons.

Lewis was probably the most threatening player for them but now it'll probably be Wade Graham.. oompa loompa Gallen is just over hyped and over rated.

Hope Manu steam rolls Valentine

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Probably just me but I reckon those Fifita brothers are both clowns.. sometimes their funny but it gets a bit tiresome after a while..
Cant stand people who constantly laugh at their own jokes. All for the brotherly love but I change the channel when they come on TV. Dont find them funny one bit...

11755809_1014168928616417_3234065195394334435_n.jpg

I hope we do not have another Manly display, it was our worst game of the season. :D
All in all a good team with the amount of injuries we have, still don't understand the Havili thing but Cappy is closer to the action than my spot on the couch.
My only fear is Gallen and Ennis unsettling Tui and the new combinations.
And Please Simon yell at the ref when they start milking penalties.

Picked up on my double entendre, huh? Nice. Actually, I'd be pretty happy if our boys put in that Manly performance... just not the Warriors performance against Manly, lol. I've given up trying to get the Havili thing. Can't say that it (by itself) has cost us any games yet, so the "but...but... COVER!!!" meh will do as explanation.

The Sharks are a gritty team. They'll try to unsettle the whole team, not just Tui. Need our forwards to be strong but disciplined. They can always sort Gallen and Ennis out in the carpark after the game. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Freddie Futler
I'm sure the Grub Ennis will be hard at work on saturday nite so i would send all the big boys right at him and then a hit up from Manu just to finish him off................ Those Fifita brothers are just muppets who think they are funny but aren't - they were on the footy show last week (i think) and they just seem a bit full of themselves and don't get me started on the play of the balls they don't do ................................................. LOL :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.