Team List NRL 2015 - Round 21 Team vs the Sharks

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting team,it really looks ideally suited to Clearys KITM gameplan,

If Cappy complicates shit it could get ugly and set new NRL records for errors.(probably breaking our own record anyway):sour:

There's some positional selections that are touch and go as to who you would play in the spine, but Mutts is definitely a massive threat every time he plays the left and is in reasonable touch compared to when he played there last year carrying the knee injury.

The rotation looks solid with Gubb and Lisone back.

It's certainly not the worst Team Cappy could have named but I wish he would bite the bullet and have Roache as the bench fluffer.

Like a lot of others I'm quite intrigued with this squad. Thompson being injured I'd have liked to have seen Mannering move to the edge to stiffen up the defence. I prefer him in the middle but this move is the best for the team with who is available.

Matulino to the back row is a nice surprise. His form this year and with the back row we had meant this option wasn't considered earlier but now this gives us a chance to start with Lillyman and Vete as well. That pack looks like we are here to stand up and be counted.

Ikahihifo at lock hopefully he shows some of last years form. Gubb and Lisone provide some good energy off the bench.

It was expected to see some of the injured players back. Vatuvei and Hurrell are good to see back especially after Johnson's injury; against Manly we looked shot on attack at least with those two we can at least give them the ball early and they can bust through.

I've always wanted to see Tomkins in the halves at some time while he was here but that was more if he was partnered with Johnson. If things don't work we can always look at that option. But the best option was to give Lolohea his opportunity in the halves and an early look at next year. Good luck young fella you've stood up in every other position now you get a chance in your preferred position.

Reactions: koolkat and Defence
Im just laughing how the mood went from "Shaun Johnson's injured, we're screwed!" to "that's a mean team we gonna bulldoze threw the Sharks!"

I applaud Cappy for this team. Mutts to second-row is pleasing. Vete to provide venom from the get go. Seb has been underwhelming, but he played some of his best footy at lock last season. Maumalo, Hurrell and Maumalo to help kick start our sets. Gubb to come in and chop fools in half.

We finally get to see Tui in the halves. Lisone, welcome home. Lousi, fuck off and don't come back.

Dont wanna overplay my hand, but I wouldn't count out our finals hopes just yet....;)

The ol' Maomalo passes to Maomalo trick.

I always fret having my post errors highlighted, making me sound like a fool.

But nice find (least you were reading).

Was supposed to say Maumalo, Hurrell and Manu to kick off our sets. And after the past 2 weeks, we need that lift to start our sets when we are in trouble.

I know what you meant :) I'm just a goose.

I am guted that Fisiiahi is not selected but he had a horrible game so not surprised. Love the team named to be honest. I have asked for a team to go out and nail a win and I think Cappy has provided a team that can do this in a very Warriors way. We're going to play stereotypical big, fast and athletic and win by ten whilst scoring 30.

I am hoping that Lousi does not play. Huge opportunity for Maumalo to slam the door shut on Fusitu'a, Wright Alwood and Fisiiahi.

Wow. Was not expecting that.

Brave, and in my opinion, excellent calls by Cappy.

I think the biggest call was shifting Mutts to the edge... Actually called for that last week, to target DCE, but hey better late than never Cappy. I think we'll see Mutts do some real damage from this position and having Sol and Manu on that edge with him (I imagine he'll be on the left) could be deadly.

Glad to see Lousi, Rapira and Fish out - all completely justified calls and happy they were made.

Awesome to have Gubb and Lisone back on the bench, that was one area we were really lacking in the last 2 weeks.

On one hand, nervous about those outside backs defensively, but on the other they are going to provide a massive, massive boost to our go forward which is the one thing that crushed us oh the last two games, we just could t get out of our own end either game.

I think this team can definitely beat the Sharks, and get us back in the position to challenge for the 8.

Reactions: Defence
Sharks
1 Michael Gordon
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Gerard Beale
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Valentine Holmes
6 Jack Bird
7 Jeff Robson
8 Chris Heighington
9 Michael Ennis
10 Sam Tagataese
11 Anthony Tupou
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
14 Ben Barba
15 Matt Prior
16 Tinirau Arona
17 Jayson Bukuya
21 Junior Roqia

Pretty evenly matched really- even in the halves funnily enough. We both have a leading candidate for rookie of the year teamed with a bit of an orange peeler- Opps I mean solid tradesman.

Considering what we have to work with, I like the team named. Satisfied that Lousi and Rapira got dropped. A little surprised that Fish got the chop on the back of 1 terrible game, given all Cappy's talk about him earning a go with his nsw cup form. Oh well, dems da brakes. Just hope Cappy's message is loud and clear.

Hopefully after the submissive effort from our forwards last week, the renewed bash'n'barge from our backline might be enough to shame our boys up front into a manly display. Also hope that moving Mutts into the 2nd row doesn't create more of an urge to throw more hail mary passes. Earn the fucking right first, guys. Giving Tui the nod over ST might be an indication of Cappy's mind-set after the last 2 loses and Shaun Johnson's injury - forget our chances of making top 4 and challenging this year. Continue building for next. Can't say I mind that too much. It'll make any loses we suffer from this point forward far more palatable.

Given our run home (3 of last 4 away), if we can't bounce back with this team to beat the (admittedly in much better form than we are) Sharks without Fafita, Lewis and Gallen, at least we probably wont have to worry about missing out on the finals on pts diff again.

Edit - just saw Gallen has been named. Thought he was injured. On paper, we're probably still faves though, for all the good (none) that does.

Being a Warriors supporter probably won't get me into mensa whatever it is, any time soon. But imo townsend would be a step up from frend definitely, bit too radical for you though I guess.

Yeah, well, not to brag but I am member of Mensa and have been since age of sixteen and I totally agree with this lineup.

Eamus Bellatorum ( Latin Translation : Let's go Warriors ) !!! ;)

Yeah, well, not to brag but I am member of Mensa and have been since age of sixteen and I totally agree with this lineup.

Eamus Bellatorum ( Latin Translation : Let's go Warriors ) !!! ;)

Wow Johnnyray I thought you had a sense of humor! You like the line up that's cool your opinion, I think ... well you know you read the post ya mensa.

Considering what we have to work with, I like the team named. Satisfied that Lousi and Rapira got dropped. A little surprised that Fish got the chop on the back of 1 terrible game, given all Cappy's talk about him earning a go with his nsw cup form. Oh well, dems da brakes. Just hope Cappy's message is loud and clear.

Hopefully after the submissive effort from our forwards last week, the renewed bash'n'barge from our backline might be enough to shame our boys up front into a manly display. Also hope that moving Mutts into the 2nd row doesn't create more of an urge to throw more hail mary passes. Earn the fucking right first, guys. Giving Tui the nod over ST might be an indication of Cappy's mind-set after the last 2 loses and Shaun Johnson's injury - forget our chances of making top 4 and challenging this year. Continue building for next. Can't say I mind that too much. It'll make any loses we suffer from this point forward far more palatable.

Given our run home (3 of last 4 away), if we can't bounce back with this team to beat the (admittedly in much better form than we are) Sharks without Fafita, Lewis and Gallen, at least we probably wont have to worry about missing out on the finals on pts diff again.

Edit - just saw Gallen has been named. Thought he was injured. On paper, we're probably still faves though, for all the good (none) that does.
I hope we do not have another Manly display, it was our worst game of the season. :D
All in all a good team with the amount of injuries we have, still don't understand the Havili thing but Cappy is closer to the action than my spot on the couch.
My only fear is Gallen and Ennis unsettling Tui and the new combinations.
And Please Simon yell at the ref when they start milking penalties.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Amazing what shuffling the deck a bit can do, though teams that meet with universal appeal make me nervous, remember this time last year at Newcastle Simon was named to play lock, Ben in the 2nd row, Thomas named to play hooker, Shaun was returning from injury, what a great team going to smash the knights…

I think they said the last two weeks “our season starts now” or something similar, obviously can’t be saying it AGAIN, but this really is the season on the line.

I’d just want to see some desperation, Vete was the only one to really rip into it last week, if 17 of them do it this week they should get there.

Last edited:
I reckon they will have Tui defend at 7, and interchange with Sammy in the halves. TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomkins attack at number 7 for the entire game. He's due a few big games, hope he can step it up and show us why we got him here.

Tomkins needs to step up with his kicking game. Chad needs to stop pushing his luck when looking for field position. Tui can do what ever really, chip in and punt out where he can...

I reckon we don't need to push tricky passed and offloads. If the defense is well set just run hit ups at them until they aren't well set... Then once that happens pop the safe pass to someone in space.

Our backs will score points if we wreck the sharks defense first... Nobody in the NRL would try and deny this about us...

And support the ball runner, cause you never know what might happen. It's like fishing...

Time to see the comp dominating U20s game plan in effect at FG level IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.