01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Not even your novel will convince me of these chumps.. don't give a shit about them we should have beaten them last time we played them.

All I see is weak ass New suck welshmen like Tupou, Maloney and Pearce..

Pearce sux farkin ass... at any level.
They arent as bad as you make out. Replace Anthony Minichiello with Blake Ferguson and you have the same backline that won the 2013 Premiership.

721919-72700224-500d-11e3-b7b4-89041ea3763d.jpg

Just out of interest who do you think has the best backline in the comp? I believe its the Roorters myself...

Reactions: Defence

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
They arent as bad as you make out. Replace Anthony Minichiello with Blake Ferguson and you have the same backline that won the 2013 Premiership.

Just out of interest who do you think has the best backline in the comp? I believe its the Roorters myself...

Warriors have the best backline and I'm not just saying that as a supporter I genuinely believe we do.. I wouldn't even swap Townsend for Maloney... Chad has grown on me.. he brings that ozzy structured shit which we 'apparently' need

And I can never bring myself to say anything positive about the rooters anyways because I hate them.. and that picture just makes me wanna puke.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Hasnt been posted but here is the Roorters lineup for our game...

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Daniel Tupou
3 Michael Jennings
4 Blake Ferguson
5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce (c)
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend (c)
10 Dylan Napa
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Mitchell Aubusson
13 Aiden Guerra

14 Sam Moa
15 Isaac Liu
16 Kane Evans
17 Sio Siua Taukeiaho
18 Jackson Hastings

Coach: Trent Robinson

Aidan Guerra returns at lock for the Roosters as Isaac Liu returns to the bench for Jackson Hastings who is 18th man.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The Roosters have a very good backline. However games are won in the forwards and with good defence.

If the Warriors can match them there I think there are areas in their backline we can exploit.

Tupou is ponderous and his tanglefeet can be exploited. Likewise Fergusson is a big guy so having a turbo rat like Kata running at him could cause him problems.

Maloney needs to have traffic running at him all day. He can't resist chirping so that should motivate.

In any case other than due diligence on their players and structures they should be concentrating on their own performance. They have shown themselves that if they execute the basics they can beat anyone. Conversely if they don't anyone can beat them.

Reactions: Sup42

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Hasnt been posted but here is the Roorters lineup for our game...

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Daniel Tupou
3 Michael Jennings
4 Blake Ferguson
5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce (c)
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend (c)
10 Dylan Napa
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Mitchell Aubusson
13 Aiden Guerra

14 Sam Moa
15 Isaac Liu
16 Kane Evans
17 Sio Siua Taukeiaho
18 Jackson Hastings

Coach: Trent Robinson

Aidan Guerra returns at lock for the Roosters as Isaac Liu returns to the bench for Jackson Hastings who is 18th man.

Do you think we could lure that side to Auckland even if we had double the current salary cap? We wouldn't be able to sign any of their starting 13 for less than 500k.

Reactions: Dunedin warrior

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Do you think we could lure that side to Auckland even if we had double the current salary cap? We wouldn't be able to sign any of their starting 13 for less than 500k.
Getting their fullback for $800K. We would be lucky to get Sio Siua Taukeiaho back for $500K. That guys just a beast now. Love watching him play and do well...

Far Away Fan

Stolen from a fox sports article..

Fox Sports Lab says: The Warriors are in good shape to qualify for finals long before round 26. However, they’ll have to be wary of one of their less threatening looking games on paper. Of the last 10 times they have played the Dragons, they have astonishingly lost all 10.

That is a horrendous statistic....

...but we've broken a lot of hoodoos lately, why not that one? There's no point in giving it any energy and besides, they've lost their last five games. Their initial success this season was based around a stonewall defence, to make up for their miserly attacking skills. Well, other teams have worked out how to get through their defence and our attack is more than OK. They're still pretty poor in attack.

I'm predicting a loss against the Roosters....

Go ahead, predict away, but we haven't lost it yet. :cool:

Reactions: Inruin

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
They have a great team......whats the chance Doyle could make a phone call to their #1 fullback and say hey remember were your going next year, we could give u some incentives u know.

but in saying that this is going to be the game to test our team, Cause I'll be pissed if we lose but in the back of my mind if we hand stay in the game by 6-8 points I'll be happy, that means we can match it with the big boys now instead of clocking off and getting hammered.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Shawn Johnson bout to play his 100th game, all for us no less, and he barely gets a mention...

Manu's 200th still gets more coverage on here... Strange times we live in...

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
If we turn up calm an just go about our business we will win, Our side can score tries an Magic will
keep us down the right end of the field Throw in a few repeat sets , Only thing we got to worry about is D
We almost beat them last time, We are playing much better now,

Reactions: 2 people

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
After wins against teams that we should have beaten and against an out of form Storm, this game is a really good gauge on just how we are going against a very, very strong side. A win sets us up beautifully for the homeward run - with the added bonus of keeping us in the Top 4 - and who thought we would be thinking that after the Perth game?

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Reckon Manu Vatuvei's 200th got twice the coverage that Shaun Johnson's 100th is???
More like 200x the coverage... He's a great guy off the field alright big Manu... He deserves all the testimonials he got...

I just think Shaun Johnson deserves something at least... He's out there doing the bizz at the mo... He can't be that bad a human being surely?

KingBubz

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Umm..... You missed one.............. SBW

Mt Welly was referring to the backline, not the overall team in general... SBW was in the #12 jersey if i recall correctly, definitely in the forwards anyway...

Apart from Mini & SBW, they would be very close to fielding the exact same starting 13 from the 2013 GF

Reactions: mt.wellington
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings