Team List NRL 2015 - Round 19 Team vs the Roosters

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpatmac

if the reports come to fruition... who goes to 7?

we are seriously short of decent halves cover.

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
Lolohea direct replacement for Shaun Johnson and bring up a winger from NSW cup.

Lolohea to 7, and either Fish or Maumalo to wing.

That would add some real interest to the game for me, I'd be resigned to losing it so then it would all be about seeing how our rookies handle extreme pressure like that.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
We need a dislike button. Fuck me.
A bit unfair on InsideBall InsideBall though. We don't dislike him just the news he announced.

I was just coming in here to say its good to have the same team named two weeks in a row towards the end of the season while we are in decent form. Next thing our captain and star half are walking off injured.:(

Not the best news when playing a tough game against probably the team with the best roster in the comp. Hopefully they rest up and are good to go in a day or so.

Hopefully Rapira can stay injury free for the rest of his time here. It would be good to see him get into some form; would love to see him finish up with another hit out in first grade as long as his form warrants it. He's been a great servant to the club it would be great to see him charging at the D line again.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Lolohea to 7, and either Fish or Maumalo to wing.

That would add some real interest to the game for me, I'd be resigned to losing it so then it would all be about seeing how our rookies handle extreme pressure like that.

Yeah thats it for me. Lolohea to 7 with Maumalo on the wing.

Tomkins would have to do a lot more general kicking and first receiver stuff as well.

If Mannering is out then Gubb to 13, and Rapira comes onto the bench. Tempted to swap Havilli with Bhana now too.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
A bit unfair on InsideBall InsideBall though. We don't dislike him just the news he announced.

I was just coming in here to say its good to have the same team named two weeks in a row towards the end of the season while we are in decent form. Next thing our captain and star half are walking off injured.:(

Not the best news when playing a tough game against probably the team with the best roster in the comp. Hopefully they rest up and are good to go in a day or so.

Hopefully Rapira can stay injury free for the rest of his time here. It would be good to see him get into some form; would love to see him finish up with another hit out in first grade as long as his form warrants it. He's been a great servant to the club it would be great to see him charging at the D line again.

I thought it was a shoot the messenger type mentality here?

Was definitely a dislike to his message though, InsideBall InsideBall is the man.

• Haha
Reactions: InsideBall

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
Just our luck. Start to hit our straps, sneak into the top 4 for the first time since 2011 and what do you know, Shaun Johnson and Capt'n Mannering get injured at training.

Two ways at looking at this if both players miss Sundays clash - we get hammered, the negativity pours back into the forum and we are subjected to the bullshit NZ Herald articles which talk about how bad we are, and how good the All Blacks are, and all that crap.

Or

We beat the Roosters on the back of tremendous play from our youngsters (Maumalo, Fusitua, Kata, Lolohea etc), we become REAL premiership threats and we finally start to turn a corner with our franchise.

Either way, makes this Sunday's clash a season-defining game.

The Cheap Seats

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2015
It's a bit of a tough ask on Lolohea to ask him to jump into 7. It would be far more sensible to ask Mason Lino to step up.
It would be a HUGE ask on Lino too, but it would be far less disruptive to the team line up that worked so well last week.
Lino looked in good form last week.

Lino would provide the replacement goal kicking cover as well.

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
Is there no alternative to having Havilii in the team. Seems like such a waste having him occupy a spot on the bench only to come on and provide no spark at all...

Reactions: The Cheap Seats

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
It's a bit of a tough ask on Lolohea to ask him to jump into 7. It would be far more sensible to ask Mason Lino to step up.
It would be a HUGE ask on Lino too, but it would be far less disruptive to the team line up that worked so well last week.
Lino looked in good form last week.

Lino would provide the replacement goal kicking cover as well.

Won't win us the game, but I think he's good enough to be a placeholder.

The alternative is putting a 2nd rower at 5/8th in defence, while having Chad plays halfback and Tomkins slots into the 6 during attacking raids.

The Cheap Seats

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2015
The least disruptive positional change to the halves would have to be Townsend to 7, Lolohea to 6 and bring in Maumalo on the wing. I hope it doesn't have to come to that however.
It would be an absolute blast to see how Lolohea does perform in the halves after so much speculation about his role next year. Although I am concerned that we may be hanging him out to dry since he will have had no build up in this position at training.
I don't want the guy to have any negative thoughts or excess pressure about that role in first grade.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
I will be stoked if we give the Roosters no easy chances this weekend. Their back line is the best in the comp. They don't need an invitation to score.

I don't agree about the chicken shit's backline is the best in the comp I reckon their a bunch of soft cu**s only Roger Tuifaster is the player I fear most

Tupou is just a big lumbering dorky ass giraffe
Even though Jennings scored in origin he got his ass schooled he'll still be flaky
Hoping someone knocks Kenny-Dull's block off
Maloney's all shit still can't tackle to save himself
Pearce is the biggest over rated loser in the entire NRL. Origin was testament to this, he was invisible, worst Origin player ever and I hope Shaunie tears his ass to pieces.

And that's my summation of the rooters backline. Missed the other winger but who cares.

Warz7

U20's Player
Oct 30, 2014
I don't agree about the chicken shit's backline is the best in the comp I reckon their a bunch of soft cu**s only Roger Tuifaster is the player I fear most

Tupou is just a big lumbering dorky ass giraffe
Even though Jennings scored in origin he got his ass schooled he'll still be flaky
Hoping someone knocks Kenny-Dull's block off
Maloney's all shit still can't tackle to save himself
Pearce is the biggest over rated loser in the entire NRL. Origin was testament to this, he was invisible, worst Origin player ever and I hope Shaunie tears his ass to pieces.

And that's my summation of the rooters backline. Missed the other winger but who cares.

Mate I hate the Chooks but you're lying to yourself if you don't think they have one of the backlines (and roster) in the comp.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - no need for explanation. Freak.
Tupou - weakest in the backline. Solid winger though
Jennings - a bit inconsistent but can carve us up like he did last year. Freakish player when he's in form
Ferguson - had he not been injured he'd be the form centre in the comp. You saw what he did last week against Penrith, I'm scared he'll rip us to bits. Lethal in attack, lethal in defence, doesn't crumble under pressure. Chooks got him at a bargain price
SKD - in the form of his career. Him and Fergo are forming a lethal centre/wing pairing. Safe under the high ball and has a knack of scoring tries
Maloney - shit in defence, but he always turns up against us. Carved us to pieces last year and I'd happily have him back at the club. His ability to make line breaks goes unnoticed a lot
Pearce - terrible Origin player, great club player. Cops way too much hate, is a pretty good halfback with a solid running game.

Their backline is experienced, but not old. They know how to not let the pressure get to them. Sure we played a great game last week, but when our young outside backs are under the pump against a class side like the Chooks, then I have serious worries

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Mate I hate the Chooks but you're lying to yourself if you don't think they have one of the backlines (and roster) in the comp.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - no need for explanation. Freak.
Tupou - weakest in the backline. Solid winger though
Jennings - a bit inconsistent but can carve us up like he did last year. Freakish player when he's in form
Ferguson - had he not been injured he'd be the form centre in the comp. You saw what he did last week against Penrith, I'm scared he'll rip us to bits. Lethal in attack, lethal in defence, doesn't crumble under pressure. Chooks got him at a bargain price
SKD - in the form of his career. Him and Fergo are forming a lethal centre/wing pairing. Safe under the high ball and has a knack of scoring tries
Maloney - shit in defence, but he always turns up against us. Carved us to pieces last year and I'd happily have him back at the club. His ability to make line breaks goes unnoticed a lot
Pearce - terrible Origin player, great club player. Cops way too much hate, is a pretty good halfback with a solid running game.

Their backline is experienced, but not old. They know how to not let the pressure get to them. Sure we played a great game last week, but when our young outside backs are under the pump against a class side like the Chooks, then I have serious worries

Not even your novel will convince me of these chumps.. don't give a shit about them we should have beaten them last time we played them.

All I see is weak ass New suck welshmen like Tupou, Maloney and Pearce..

Pearce sux farkin ass... at any level.

Reactions: Harlz and kavafred

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Well if we lose amannering and Johnson we are going to get dicked bar a miraculous performance.

They should move Tomkins to six and Chad to seven,

We'd lose Johnsons running but Sams a genuine experienced half.....so what a waste if they don't use that option...... Plus he and Chad know all the calls and how each other plays.

Otherwise what a baptism by fire for Lolohea (if they go with him I will be just as interested, but rahther than put it all on apologies and Chad....why not put Tomkins who is their most composed distributor into running the backline).

Really you want experience in the halves more than the other positions bar. Maybe Fullback where Lolohea has been effective In any case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings