General NRL 2015 Round 13 - General Discusson

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Any chance Sio Siua Taukeiaho might come down with a case of home sickness? Calling it know but would not be surprised if he's a bolter for the Kiwis at the end of the year.
He's loving it there. Feels betrayed by the Warriors. Only thing that will bring him home is money...

Blain

Blain

He was cut by ME wasn't he, apparently lazy or something (not that Elliott is a good judge)? Always had raps on him, injuries early on.. I might have that completely wrong, would love to know why he was cut in the first place..

Reactions: 1 user

Selector

He's loving it there. Feels betrayed by the Warriors. Only thing that will bring him home is money...

Not surprised I wouldn't want to come back after the way he was treated. He's become a much better player since joining the roosters as well. Guess will have to enjoy his playing abilities from afar or when he plays for the Kiwis.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
He was cut by ME wasn't he, apparently lazy or something (not that Elliott is a good judge)? Always had raps on him, injuries early on.. I might have that completely wrong, would love to know why he was cut in the first place..
Nothing to do with effort. He trained the house down to get over his injuries. His form at the Roosters is proof enough of that. Simply told by ME that he could look elsewhere as he was surplus to requirements. After his debut with us ME tried to get him back but by that stage he had already signed with the Roosters. That club had been after him since his U20 days. Obviously better talent spotters then we had at the time...

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

Pity Elliott hasn't his old assistant coaches job back at the Roosters.

Your other post was good the read, that he trained the house down etc. He's taken his opportunity at the Roosters and hasn't looked out of place in their squad. Playing a lot of first grade in a high profile side, presume he is living in Bondi close to the beach I'm not surprised he wouldn't be homesick and wanting to come back. He's probably feeling life's great at the moment.

Like every club we need to make decisions on retaining talent. It's looking like letting him loose was the wrong one. Good luck to him, maybe with the current coach and CEO he may feel differently about the club in a few years but it will cost us more than if he was still here.

The public holiday in Australia is going to be a bit of a pain with the two games tonight. It' harder enough to watch Monday Night Football and watch Game of Thrones as it is. The NRL needs to fix their scheduling. Time for that investigation Toovey was wanting.;)

Danpatmac

Can we chuck a ton of money at Moses Mbye please Mr Doyle?

Cheers,

Dan.

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Off contract at the end of next year. And does not want to be stuck behind Hodgkinson and Renyolds.
Except he seems to be infront of Reynolds right now.

Josh came off the bench today. Only played 15-20 mins, all in second half I think. Not sure if it's injury related or what.

Am I out of whack suggesting we target the grub?

Selector

Josh came off the bench today. Only played 15-20 mins, all in second half I think. Not sure if it's injury related or what.

Yes. I'm expecting the dogs to let Hodgkinson leave at the end of the year they still have yet to offer him a new contract according to media reports. Expect Renyolds and Mybe to be the Bulldogs halves for next year.

facefacts

Any chance Sio Siua Taukeiaho might come down with a case of home sickness? Calling it know but would not be surprised if he's a bolter for the Kiwis at the end of the year.

Our second rowers are the one bunch in our team that can actually defend and do their jobs consistently...finding some outside backs that can do the same is what the club should be concentrating on.

Reactions: 3 users
cro.warrior

cro.warrior

Josh was the reason Bulldogs won today, he changed momentum he was amazing, he replaced hodkinson.

Marshthedarsh

Seriously Cowboys - go fuck yourselves.

Of course Parra are partly to blame tonight - but the Cowboys have so much momentum, they're coming back from everything.

Jordan G

Yup, found another positive - we're not the Eels.

Cowboys sure know how to d\ig themselves out of a hole. Storm, Warriors, Eagles, and now Eels.

Hard to see this sort of thing working for them come September though.

Marshthedarsh

Does Thurston get MoM every week because he's the only one that does anything of notice?

Selector

Our second rowers are the one bunch in our team that can actually defend and do their jobs consistently...finding some outside backs that can do the same is what the club should be concentrating on.

Agreed. But it would be nice to have a ball playing second row/lock forward coming off the bench who can actually have an impact on the field. I'd take him over Ben Henry and Sebastine Ikahihifo. But as stated earlier in this thread I don't think he'll becoming back and why would he want to. But one can always dream.

mrblonde

mrblonde

So there's one team who've done the "win from 24 down" trick. Or was that more down to the Eels doing the "lose from 24 up" trick?

Eels forum in serious meltdown. Lots of unhappy Eels fans claiming Brad Arthur's use of the interchange is awful and cost them the game...

mode81

mode81

Taumalolo ran straight at Moeroa and sat him on his ass. If Moeroa wants to represent ozzy then fark him.. Taumalolo will just steamroll the punk every time.. and Tamou still sux.

koolkat

koolkat

The cows will be in gf this year.but the bunnies will win with a controversial try thanx to the worst ref in the comp maxwell.ill go with a forward pass or a deliberate knock on.ill call it now