General NRL 2015 Round 13 - General Discusson

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Bill Tupou playing for the Mounties on SS2 right now. Just scored too...

facefacts

From a post on the Broncos site.

"Tonights game was the best I have seen the Broncos play in years. It has taken a while but tonight the attack really clicked. Hell, even reed is looking like a world beater now. They say u have to get ur defence right first and the attack will come and I think that's what bennet has done. First few months were all won on defence but now we have that rock solid our attack is just clicking. I know manly are absolutely shit at the moment, but still, I think we beat anyone tonight."

Interesting perspective from the top of the table indeed...

All the so called commentators on the game were saying the same things about the Bronco's and the Dragon's...they're terrible, they can't score points, wooden spoon incoming.

Defense wins championships, always has, always will...the less tries you let in, the less you have to score.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
jonno

jonno

All the so called commentators on the game were saying the same things about the Bronco's and the Dragon's...they're terrible, they can't score points, wooden spoon incoming.

Defense wins championships, always has, always will...the less tries you let in, the less you have to score.
Giving attack priority over defense is a losers mentality...

Offense is the easy part. Players get paid to defend IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Isn't it a funny old thing though that to get the two points you have to score more points than the other side?

Maybe we need to get to the Gridiron state where we have an offence side and a defence side

wallacenz

wallacenz

Just watching that last try in the Canberra vs Newcastle game, Tuimavave needs to realise hes in first grade and has to put his body on the line on defence.

It looked like, as soon as he realised he was going to have to make a one on one tackle, he was trying to find somewhere else to be. The whole team is moving up and left and he decides to go back and right.

jonno

jonno

Isn't it a funny old thing though that to get the two points you have to score more points than the other side?

Maybe we need to get to the Gridiron state where we have an offence side and a defence side
Or is it stop the opposition scoring more tries than they stop us scoring...

Maybe archery's a better sport. No need for defence at all. Just hit more bulls-eyes than the other guy....

Or horse shoe throwing...

Not a lot of defence in darts either... Just need to have a beer gut for stability...

stacky18

Raiders just smashing the Knights to pieces. Knights look done for this year and Raiders look like us in 2014. Amazing attack but awful D.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just watching that last try in the Canberra vs Newcastle game, Tuimavave needs to realise hes in first grade and has to put his body on the line on defence.

It looked like, as soon as he realised he was going to have to make a one on one tackle, he was trying to find somewhere else to be. The whole team is moving up and left and he decides to go back and right.
Thats why Carlos Daley will never be a first grade player. Great talent thats sadly backed by a pea sized heart. Missing a tackle is ok but FFS put your body on the line. Your team mates will never respect or play for you if you dont put it out there. You saw players leave Shaun Johnson and James Maloney to themselves in 2012 when they werent backing up. This happens in every league team. Man up or go play touch...

snake77

snake77

Penrith losing like this is good for us with them being just below us on the table and out for and against taking a hammering tonight.

Hopefully the Storm keep it going.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
To be fair the Panthers had a few great chances but the Storm defence was amazing. The urgency of their scramble was really impressive. Warriors would do well to watch that game...

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Thats why Carlos Daley will never be a first grade player. Great talent thats sadly backed by a pea sized heart. Missing a tackle is ok but FFS put your body on the line. Your team mates will never respect or play for you if you dont put it out there. You saw players leave Shaun Johnson and James Maloney to themselves in 2012 when they werent backing up. This happens in every league team. Man up or go play touch...
That's exactly what Joey Johns just said on the Sunday footy show. Needs to learn how to defend and put his body on the line. Lots of arm grabbing going on.

Selector

Any chance Sio Siua Taukeiaho might come down with a case of home sickness? Calling it know but would not be surprised if he's a bolter for the Kiwis at the end of the year.

Jordan G

Recently re-signed for two more years I believe so he can't be that homesick yet.

Marshthedarsh

5 leg multi came up on the Sunday Footy Show - needed the Roosters to win to turn $100 into $2,400. Could have cashed out before the game for $1,700. All three hosts said let it ride.

If it was me I'd have cashed it - Sharks always cause trouble against the Roosters. I hope for his sake he did...

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
On the plus side the Roosters looked pretty average against the sharks tonight