General NRL 2015 Round 13 - General Discusson

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Capture111

Selector

Really impressed with the minutes young Kiwi Manaia Cherrington played for the West Tigers provided a real creative spark from dummy half. In other news the West Tigers will win the wooden spoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Rather watch the other game live and watch the replay of the Tigs Tits game.

Gotta say Im so impressed with the brand of footy the Broncos are playing. Their edge defence is rock solid and they are never shy of attacking early in the set out wide too.

I really didnt expect Wayne Bennett to have them firing this season especially after the way they started the season but it looks like the Broncos will go deep into Finals Footy...

Reactions: 1 users

Marshthedarsh

Video referees having a shocker tonight.

Having said that, I love it when teams (like the Titans tonight) go for two to lead by 16 and 1 to lead by 17 and then lose... It's just stupid.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Had to laugh at the reception DCE got from his fellow Queenlanders at Suncorp. His name is mud everywhere it would seem...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Selector

Rather watch the other game live and watch the replay of the Tigs Tits game

Agreed just wanted to watch Cherrington make his first grade debut.

If the Broncos go deep into the finals il have to change my tune in regards to Ben Hunt thing he is good player but that's about it good running game but his kicking game is very poor can make poor decisions and excute poorly when under pressure.

Selector

Had to laugh at the reception DCE got from his fellow Queenlanders at Suncorp. His name is mud everywhere it would seem...

Wait for the Queensland media to start running articles saying that DCE shouldn't be selected by Mel Meniga for SOO.

• Haha
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Broncos putting on a clinic here. Easy points in the end. 44-10 fulltime. Manly looked demoralised and far from the championship team they once were...

Marshthedarsh

Video referees having a shocker tonight.

Having said that, I love it when teams (like the Titans tonight) go for two to lead by 16 and 1 to lead by 17 and then lose... It's just stupid.

Good old Murphys Law. Genuinely wanted the Titans to win, so I'll take the hit on this one.

Still stupid.

• Haha

Selector

Broncos putting on a clinic here. Easy points in the end. 44-10 fulltime. Manly looked demoralised and far from the championship team they once were...

I guess the Rumuors of Toovey getting the sack and been replaced by Trent Barrett will grow stronger now after this result.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Finding it hard to stay up for the Tigs Tits game. Tigpies are really shit. Funny reading the Wests fans bitching about releasing Austin and Benji Marshall. Coach is copping it too. Some of them are even wanting Potter back. Desperate times for some fans.

That shoulder from Sauaso Sue looked dodgy. Almost like a swinging shot...

Agreed just wanted to watch Cherrington make his first grade debut.

Didnt look out of place out there did he. Almost scored a try from dummy half. Huge future ahead of him...

Selector

That's a really special moment for Manaia. Surprised that the commentators didn't mention or pick up on the fact that he was the younger brother of Anthony Cherrington especially Brad Fittler. Was cool to Zac Dockar-Clay their performing the haka as well must be that Kiwi brotherhood.

jonno

jonno

Broncos at the 36th minute had completed every set and had scored 20 points to nil...

That's some high defense, low error footy right there...

If you could bottle it and sell it, it'd be worth millions...

DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Wow that video is very powerful, and emotional, and spine tingling. Good for his whanau. I remember back to my 21st when I had a Haka done for me by my course mates that I was on at the time. That was something else. That video there awe inspiring.

jonno

jonno

Broncos stats:

3 errors, 89% completion, 9 missed tackles.

Manlys stats:

10 errors, 64% completion, 28 missed tackles.

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Who was the commentator of the Broncos game? I only saw the highlights, but he shits all over Hadley

jonno

jonno

From a post on the Broncos site.

"Tonights game was the best I have seen the Broncos play in years. It has taken a while but tonight the attack really clicked. Hell, even reed is looking like a world beater now. They say u have to get ur defence right first and the attack will come and I think that's what bennet has done. First few months were all won on defence but now we have that rock solid our attack is just clicking. I know manly are absolutely shit at the moment, but still, I think we beat anyone tonight."

Interesting perspective from the top of the table indeed...