General NRL 2015 Round 12 - General Discusson

wallacenz

wallacenz

Cowboys are the team to watch this weekend. After a 0 and 3 start they have now won 8 in a row.

Charging up the table and maybe a chance at their first premiership.

Last edited:

facefacts

Cowboys are the team to watch this weekend. After a 0 and 3 start they have now won 8 in a row.

You'd hope for Thurstons sake he manages to lead a team to a title before he retires, he's been very good in rep teams playing alongside some greats of the game, but at 31 he hasn't yet been able to lead a team to the promised land like his reputation says he should have.

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Eals upsetting the bookies atm. shows that you have to be up for every game.

koolkat

koolkat

Moylan gone for the season by the looks arrrrggghhh.but go the eels might but us in the top 6 if we beat the Knights

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor

BTW i think the Cowgirls will fold. My money is on Melb.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Moylan gone for the season by the looks arrrrggghhh.but go the eels might but us in the top 6 if we beat the Knights
There goes one of my biggest earners in supercoach.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
This is not the game i was expecting to watch

Jordan G

Looking at the other games in the round it's pretty much a case of teams below us vs teams ahead of us.

A win will either push us towards the top group or kick us clear of the stragglers.

A loss though will drop us behind or congest the hell out of the table around us.

Have to find a way to win.

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Don't miss Uncle Ivan (but did like him), still believe we did the right thing and the Bluey and Elliott plays were part of the process to getting Cappy.

Firmly believe Cappy can not only get us to a GF but win it.

On the subject, haven't once yet missed 3MI Marquee and his no look passes, flops and 2m runs, soft as cheese.

Reactions: 3 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Don't miss Uncle Ivan (but did like him), still believe we did the right thing and the Bluey and Elliott plays were part of the process to getting Cappy.

Firmly believe Cappy can not only get us to a GF but win it.

On the subject, haven't once yet missed 3MI Marquee and his no look passes, flops and 2m runs, soft as cheese.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on the
Ivan Cleary part.We were in the grand final, S J , An Hurrell
were developing nicely, our forward pack a well drilled unit
Club had 3 teams in the grand finals.
Ivan Cleary handed Bluey a premiership team, an we've had
To watch it turn to mud, Who can say how players would
have developed if Mr Cleary had stayed, But I'm damn sure
We would have made the finals , An I'm sure hurrell would be
a better player.an packer wouldn't be in jail, The sun would shine more , and we'd be discussing What to do with all
our trophies

Reactions: 2 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on the
Ivan Cleary part.We were in the grand final, S J , An Hurrell
were developing nicely, our forward pack a well drilled unit
Club had 3 teams in the grand finals.
Ivan Cleary handed Bluey a premiership team, an we've had
To watch it turn to mud, Who can say how players would
have developed if Mr Cleary had stayed, But I'm damn sure
We would have made the finals , An I'm sure hurrell would be
a better player.an packer wouldn't be in jail, The sun would shine more , and we'd be discussing What to do with all
our trophies
Some points for sure but not sure Ivan coached all three teams to their respective GFs!!

Shaun Johnson has continued to develop nicely and is looking like a complete player now more than ever.

I recall what we were thinking and that was Ivan couldn't get us the trophy, just the dance. Great coach, nice guy but not the one.

I'm not seeing anything at Penrith to suggest he's doing anything different or even better. Marquee still doing the same ole shit, Lewis Brown still a confused gap fill and Latimore as line breaking as ever.

Weren't Cleary and Gould to have delivered a trophy by now or did Gould give them another 3-5yrs, LOL, classic Gould insurance play that one.

Nah I'd happily go through the pain of the last three years to get what's coming, we are finally on track and have some genuine match winners arriving.

It's all about the journey.

2015, '16, or '17 we will have our trophy.

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Losing Ivan wasn't as much the problem as the succession planning and poor choices that followed.

Also not sure how Hurrell was developing nicely under Ivan considering he didn't make his debut until after Ivan left. Any talk about Hurrell/Ivan is just hypothetical.

I still think Ivan has limitations that hinder a team in certain situations. However they are also part of some of his greatest strengths so it's a catch 22. I hope he wins one at some point, but it wouldn't surprise me if he were another Brian Smith.

Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

Losing Ivan wasn't as much the problem as the succession planning and poor choices that followed.
Agree. It was great having stability around our club as before Cleary and after Cleary we have had a lot of turnover with coaches. It was great being stable while a lot of other clubs were sacking coaches.

It probably was time for a change they didn't go with their succession plan for Iro and probably didn't do enough due diligence with McClennan and Elliott.

You'd hope for Thurstons sake he manages to lead a team to a title before he retires, he's been very good in rep teams playing alongside some greats of the game, but at 31 he hasn't yet been able to lead a team to the promised land like his reputation says he should have.
Johns came out and said in 2001 he needed to win another premiership before he retires. He lead the Knights to a premiership that year. The Cowboys have been a good side since Thurston has been there and have often been tipped as premiership favourites. It will be interesting when he retires if not leading the Cowboys to a premiership gets discussed when people break down his career.

Good result for us last night. A win and we get a bit of a buffer well two point and also improve out for and against over the Panthers who currently sit just below us on the ladder.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Love Ryan James - how many penalties would he give away as a Warrior?

• Haha
wallacenz

wallacenz

These refs in this fukn Broncos game are useless. Broncos are flopping all over the place and getting penalties, the tackle and play of the ball is such a fuked up part of the game atm.

Who would be a Canberra fan, they clocked off with 10 seconds to go, their player doesnt score so they turn their backs on the play and Brisbane run it in at the other end of the field.. terrible

The handling in this game.. Warriors aren't this bad

Last edited: