Team List NRL 2015 - Rnd 9 - Warriors Team Vrs Sharks

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is Friend who becomes 18th Man. Will we ever see our top side run out this year? Top side as couch coaches top side.
Please don't say that..... if a side was named based on some of the thoughts from this site, the MOM from the test would be playing of the bench and out of position, the Golden Boot/Princess would be playing for the NSWarriors or @ FB in first grade while Pomkins would be replacing The Chad in the halves.

Please don't say that..... if a side was named based on some of the thoughts from this site, the MOM from the test would be playing of the bench and out of position, the Golden Boot/Princess would be playing for the NSWarriors or @ FB in first grade while Pomkins would be replacing The Chad in the halves.

I still wouldn't have a problem with Friend starting... Don't get me wrong, he's not what he used to be, and his passing is far from great, and he is a bit of a defensive speedbump at times. BUT. Leuluai played his best game of the year on the weekend off the bench. He added spark, his passing was crisp and on the money, and he took the right options (I can be a big critic of TL but on the weekend he looked so much better than he has for the warriors this year). Granted, he was behind the kiwis pack, BUT the warriors pack hasn't exactly struggled for go forward this year... So I wouldn't mind seeing Friend start for 25 mins, and TL come on for the last 55 and really show some spark...

All you people who think Konrads going to play well this weekend are delusional...

His priorities are: Comedy 1st, Blowjobs 2nd, Kisses to Mum 3rd,,,,,, and way down in 14th spot is playing well for the Warriors...

He's just riding on his highlights reel big time.

I've got nothing against him personally. I even like his comedy. I reckon he should go down that road and leave footy to the pros...

All you people who think Konrads going to play well this weekend are delusional...

His priorities are: Comedy 1st, Blowjobs 2nd, Kisses to Mum 3rd,,,,,, and way down in 14th spot is playing well for the Warriors...

He's just riding on his highlights reel big time.

I've got nothing against him personally. I even like his comedy. I reckon he should go down that road and leave footy to the pros...
Sorry mate... that is complete bullshit!

No man can claim another man has comedy as a higher priority that blowjobs!

Reverse those two... and I'm happy. :D

Sorry mate... that is complete bullshit!

No man can claim another man has comedy as a higher priority that blowjobs!

Reverse those two... and I'm happy. :D
Unless we're talking about comedy BJs, which is kind of what it was. The look on his face was outstandingly funny...:hilarious:

• Haha
Reactions: ACT Warrior
The major problem with the Warriors is that there is no one making the calls in the backs. With Hoffman and Mannering in the forwards it is no issue there.

In the backs we have had Tomkins making the calls. Because he is a rookie it is not an option to have Tui doing it as a 'like for like', That really leaves the halves.

IMO the halves having an edge each is the problem. Chad and Sean are seeming to overcall each other. No one seems to have the overall responsibility.

At times against the Titans they looked like headless chooks, no direction. Solution Sean is given overall control and plays both sides. He has that clarity with the Kiwis and consequently plays better. Chad is going well but Sean is the senior partner.

Also I am getting sick of Warriors wingers getting burnt on the sideline because they are creeping infield. Fine and dandy to rush in and stop an overlap but first job is to protect the wing.

Highly likely as you know Konnie is good for 3 or 4 hitups before he is out of breath on one knee and/or nursing an owie.

I'm willing to give Konnie the benefit of the doubt for a few more weeks, the disruptive end to his pre-season has set him back big time.

In saying that I have a sneaky suspicion that outside backs is not his spot. We've all seen him carve up in the middle in short stints and maybe that might be better suited to him coming off the bench. After all it was clear to see from Tapau in the test (And Konnie against the Cowboys last year) that an impact bench player can play a vital role.

At least in the middle his defensive reads will be kept to a minimum.

Reactions: MarkW and jonno
Agree with those saying that Cappy needs to let Shaun Johnson roam...

Kieran Foran was virtually a non event in that Anzac test (in fact, he was the worst player in the kiwis side - BOTH Aussie tries were a result of poor Foran defense) and just about everything on attack came from Shaun...

Let him run the attack, let him run both sides of the ruck, definitely give him last play options, especially kicks... Shaun Johnson is a world class playmaker, let him run the show.

I disagree on this one...

8 rounds, 325 tackles (second only to Mannering's 392 for the warriors), 81 hit ups, averaging 85 metres per game... he's got 30 hitups less than Hoffman but has made more than double the tackles...

I think he'd be showing more intensity with his carries if our right edge wasn't being targetted on defence IMO.

(for the record, Mannering is second on the list of tackles this season, Thompson is 6th in the NRL. the other 4 members of the top six are all hookers, followed by Peats and Elijah Taylor tied in seventh spot)
Couldn't agree more. I had fallen into the trap of thinking Bodene wasn't doing his job, but its because his work goes unnoticed that we take what he brings for granted. Once he starts clicking with Shaun Johnson by hitting them holes off the coveted short ball, he could be up with Hoffy as our best acquisition of the season (not that these two have much to contend with, in this regard).

The thing is, we would notice (and appreciate) what he does for our team if he wasn't playing though (ala the Sam Tomkins effect)..... our mid field would leak tries at the rate of our edges. Then we would be SERIOUSLY fucked.

Reactions: Jay M and OMG
Highly likely as you know Konnie is good for 3 or 4 hitups before he is out of breath on one knee and/or nursing an owie.
I think Hurrell's inclusion is based on having no one else to cover. Cappy obviously wasn't impressed enough with Fusitua, Allwood is still suspended, Laumape is gone.... then we have Peyroux who isn't a game changer by any means, but having him over Konnie makes sense because Konnies form is the real "comedy act" right now (he doesn't even need to post funny vids anymore, just play highlights of his defensive efforts so far this season).

If being dropped to the reserves and playing for Tonga STILL doesn't help jolt Konnies performances, IMO nothing will....

Couldn't agree more. I had fallen into the trap of thinking Bodene wasn't doing his job, but its because his work goes unnoticed that we take what he brings for granted. Once he starts clicking with Shaun Johnson by hitting them holes off the coveted short ball, he could be up with Hoffy as our best acquisition of the season (not that these two have much to contend with, in this regard).

The thing is, we would notice (and appreciate) what he does for our team if he wasn't playing though (ala the Sam Tomkins effect)..... our mid field would leak tries at the rate of our edges. Then we would be SERIOUSLY fucked.
I reckon the Hoff could be the best acquisition for any NRL team this year.... So if Thompson comes close to as good as the Hoff then that a major back row for us coming down the stretch this season...

And Nielsen and Ropo would still be our starting centres for experience and defensive purposes ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Miket12 and Jay M
I think Hurrell's inclusion is based on having no one else to cover. Cappy obviously wasn't impressed enough with Fusitua, Allwood is still suspended, Laumape is gone.... then we have Peyroux who isn't a game changer by any means, but having him over Konnie makes sense because Konnies form is the real "comedy act" right now (he doesn't even need to post funny vids anymore, just play highlights of his defensive efforts so far this season).

If being dropped to the reserves and playing for Tonga STILL doesn't help jolt Konnies performances, IMO nothing will....

This is what annoys me about Konnie. He should be easily our best centre and first picked for every match but at the moment his head doesn't seem to be in the game for whatever reason. Imagine if he had the toughness of Mannering he'd be the best centre in the world!

This is what annoys me about Konnie. He should be easily our best centre and first picked for every match but at the moment his head doesn't seem to be in the game for whatever reason. Imagine if he had the toughness of Mannering he'd be the best centre in the world!
Don't bother imagining that cause it's never going to happen... Imagine if he had the comedy skills of Eddie Murphy and he'd also be the best comedian in the world... But clearly he's average at both...

• Haha
Reactions: MarkW
Don't bother imagining that cause it's never going to happen... Imagine if he had the comedy skills of Eddie Murphy and he'd also be the best comedian in the world... But clearly he's average at both...

hey, that's harsh. I think he's funnier than he is tough ;)

Reactions: jonno
Thats probably a thread in itself, a poll to see where people think players should be playing eg Hurrell.. Bench, Wing, Centre or Out

I think if you did that for every player, by general consensus, the team that the forums selected would be pretty close to what it should be.

Tbh id like to see them change it up a bit. The short ball to Thompson has been about as effective as jonno wright in space (Mannerings a better hole/line runner for mine) but we religiously seem to stick to it. More useful as a decoy/out the back play...or I'd love to see Thompson the one to take it to the line, with Shaun Johnson running off him (back running off a forward...there's a novel approach).

As far as the team named goes I have concerns with the Kata/Hurrell edges....and its more what they do without the ball than with it.

Reactions: Afakasi247
Status
Not open for further replies.