Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 26 - Bulldogs vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Warriors play with pride? Give it their all?

• Yes

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2015
What the warriors need is for their props to play 80 minutes, you could say that james graham won that game for the bulldogs last night, with him and tolman( except he got injured but you know what i mean) playing tight for 80 minutes it allows pritchard to live in the backline, so HOW COME our props don't play 80 minutes? we need vete and benedict to play 80 minutes and yes I think we need to develop lolo in the centres and use hurrell like pritchard in the 2nd row and inject himself on attack, no one can tell me pritchard is not carrying extra pudding, move hoffman to loose forward but a tight playing one and then we can rotate back rowers and hookers, the only sticking point I see is a lack of a solid stand off, don't worry about kata he will develop. surely the coaching staff can see the importance of 80 minute props i CANNOT understand why we took our props off after 20-25 minutes??? is it so ingrained that it is pre set before we even take the field? It is just that simple!!

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
James Graham only played 56 minutes and made only one more hit-up, making 1 less meter, than Vete did in 40 minutes. Matulino also made more meters, and more tackles than Graham in 47 minutes.
Obviously saving themselves for the finals. We were in with a chance while Tolman and graham were off. They brought Graham back on and he killed us.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Speaking of tolman going off injured, Didn't get a good replay, but it looked like allwood got him square in the face with a shoulder, pretty dirty play, I respected it, tolman moans unjustifiably to the ref too much.

Too many nice guys in the team, keep up the filth (if you can get away with it) allwood.

Reactions: Freddie Futler

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
Obviously saving themselves for the finals. We were in with a chance while Tolman and graham were off. They brought Graham back on and he killed us.
Graham got absolutely smashed by Vete early on in the game and did nothing for the rest of his first stint. He was clearly hurting, but I will give him BOD as it was a meaningless game for them.

janfin

1st Grade Fringe
May 13, 2012
Hamilton
Well you can't say I didn't try to get them to win just one game by Bloody 6 Oh well next season will be here soon enough ;)

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
He's our leading try scorer and has played every minute of every game this season. Something none of our outside backs have done.
Oh and its his first year of NRL.
Just because Lolohea is God Level good doesn't mean Kata is shit.

He's greedy. I get why many defend him but I want to see better from him before he locks that position in next year. He is young but Jerome was almost 2 years younger in his first year of first grade and a far more polished product. It's like the U20s has lowered our expectations over the years, the difference is that Jerome and Manu were already playing against men in Bartercard teams at 17 whereas Kata was steamrolling schoolkids at the same age. Someone mentioned that he'd be a star at the Roosters but unless they cleaned up his deficiencies, he'd be playing for Newtown, he's got nothing on Jennings or Ferguson.

If TL and Shaun Johnson are our starting halves next year and lets face it, TL is quite likely to the be playing in the halve next year, then Tui's next best spot is Manu's centre. If Konrad and Kata were fighting for the other centre spot then on current form, Kata is the incumbent and his attitude seems to be better. He's got a lot of work to do over the offseason though.

Wright's lack of speed shits me royally. Allwood has some speed at least.

Reactions: gREVUS

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2015
Thanks WGTNORCA I stand to be corrected (again) but even you must agree in the merit of Matulino/Vete playing longer. Is there another stand off we can find out there?

Reactions: mt.wellington

Pete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 3, 2012
On another note the warriors won the grand final on my NRL LIVE 2 game, was quite emotional for me as I have had never seen it before
Who starred, try scorers? Hurrel on the bench or starting? Who did you beat? Did Tomkins make his usual 30 metres? You need to update us on every Warrior final win as they are few and far apart at all levels

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Only just watched it, my thoughts are - at least they showed some purpose, some grit, and made it a contest … that's all I ask! quite proud of them actually…

All they needed was weeks of bad results, being embarrassed by having 50 put on them two weeks in a row, and having the media and social media tear them a new one, for them to put in a average effort...it also helped that the dogs made almost as many mistakes as we did...they were shit.

Roll on on next slaughter. ..I mean season.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Only just watched it, my thoughts are - at least they showed some purpose, some grit, and made it a contest … that's all I ask! quite proud of them actually…
i felt the same way, and then felt wrong for forgiving them so fast. Why the fuck was this game different? Seriously thats whats pissed me off the most. I spent the whole game saying to the sister in law that they will screw it up, and in the end they did. But they played with more heart than in the last 6 weeks. Why was it different? thats what i really want to know. Are they just slacking and someone finally pointed out all contracts are made of paper and can burn? Or was it that Chad and Matulino just make that much difference after they finally got a rest?

Reactions: eudebrito

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
He's greedy. I get why many defend him but I want to see better from him before he locks that position in next year. He is young but Jerome was almost 2 years younger in his first year of first grade and a far more polished product. It's like the U20s has lowered our expectations over the years, the difference is that Jerome and Manu were already playing against men in Bartercard teams at 17 whereas Kata was steamrolling schoolkids at the same age. Someone mentioned that he'd be a star at the Roosters but unless they cleaned up his deficiencies, he'd be playing for Newtown, he's got nothing on Jennings or Ferguson.

If TL and Shaun Johnson are our starting halves next year and lets face it, TL is quite likely to the be playing in the halve next year, then Tui's next best spot is Manu's centre. If Konrad and Kata were fighting for the other centre spot then on current form, Kata is the incumbent and his attitude seems to be better. He's got a lot of work to do over the offseason though.

Wright's lack of speed shits me royally. Allwood has some speed at least.
Dont forget its a cold day in hell to see Wright actually leave the ground to get the ball as well.

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
i felt the same way, and then felt wrong for forgiving them so fast. Why the fuck was this game different? Seriously thats whats pissed me off the most. I spent the whole game saying to the sister in law that they will screw it up, and in the end they did. But they played with more heart than in the last 6 weeks. Why was it different? thats what i really want to know. Are they just slacking and someone finally pointed out all contracts are made of paper and can burn? Or was it that Chad and Matulino just make that much difference after they finally got a rest?
With so many players injured this year many others had to continue to play injured, Chad, Manners and Tomkins played with significant injuries. This also put pressure on the young recruits and unfortunately a few could not handle the pressure. Lisone was one who at the beginning of the year looked better than Vete but by midway Vete was relishing the challenge and Lisone had faded. Chads groin obviously affected his kicking but after a rest he came right.
Best news for me is that some of the young guys got blooded into first grade and although not all of them were superstars we now have a bit of depth as I am sure they will kick on next year. I have a good feeling about next year.

Reactions: Dunedin warrior

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
With so many players injured this year many others had to continue to play injured, Chad, Manners and Tomkins played with significant injuries. This also put pressure on the young recruits and unfortunately a few could not handle the pressure. Lisone was one who at the beginning of the year looked better than Vete but by midway Vete was relishing the challenge and Lisone had faded. Chads groin obviously affected his kicking but after a rest he came right.
Best news for me is that some of the young guys got blooded into first grade and although not all of them were superstars we now have a bit of depth as I am sure they will kick on next year. I have a good feeling about next year.
I have that feeling at the start of every year, but this year i dunno, maybe its just been too long since they showed any real spark. All year its like they have been playing inhibited and i want to see my team out there not some group of geriatric hobbling dummkopfs.

Full respect to the young players stepping up, they did really well. Its the rest i guess i am talking about and the greater team as a whole. But with all this talk of Kevin Campion, i cant help but remember how great that team felt to watch and support.

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2014
Yeah. Metres aren't the only measurement to take into account. Impact in those runs and what lines they run count. If you're just running it up the guts and getting put on your arse but doin it a lot the stats might look good but does that mean the rest of the pack has more responsibility to break the line?

Fantail23

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2015
Auckland
Mate, you can have shit refs and still make errors, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Pointing out the fact they are barely competent and very inconsistent (the refs) isn't making excuses for the Warriors losing, friend shouldn't have thrown that hard a pass, and Lisone doesn't need to be charging at it like he's returning a kick off. Happy?

No I'm Grumpy. Can't you tell. Sick of not making the finals, where is this club going.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings