Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 25 - Tigers vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Jordan G

I assume that's before an early guilty plea? So we'd be looking at 3-4 weeks max as there's no point trying to defend that. Should rub out Grubb for the first few rounds of next year.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I assume that's before an early guilty plea? So we'd be looking at 3-4 weeks max as there's no point trying to defend that. Should rub out Grubb for the first few rounds of next year.

Gee he's thick, the first shoulder would have got him out having to play this week.

Do preseason games count towards suspension?
Vaguely recall the peoples champ not featuring in the trials due to a suspension from his last game with the sharks.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Gee he's thick, the first shoulder would have got him out having to play this week.

Do preseason games count towards suspension?
Vaguely recall the peoples champ not featuring in the trials due to a suspension from his last game with the sharks.

Looking at the suspension rule workflow:

Is he an Origin player? No
Is he a Kiwi? Yes
Does he play for the Warriors? Yes

Answer: Preseason games will not count towards his suspension.

Updated: International games will not be counted either.

Last edited:

Jordan G

They closed that pre-season loophole a couple season back so any suspension left over carries into round 1 next year.

It's stupid that they can't play in trials though.

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2015
Cappy has to cop the blame because even when we were going well our best forward was Manu Vatuvei. He was the only one besides Konrad Hurrell when he was on point as being able to bend the line and play the ball quick and lift the whole team.

As good as the stats of Benedict and Jacob Lillyman and Simon Mannering stats read they had all gone backwards this year and it has to do with pre season training, pressure from the lower grades (there is none) sure they tackle and hit the ball up but so can most first graders.

What is needed is a proper diet plan and homework on top of their weekly drills skin fold tests e.t.c the boys get comfortable and forget that you have to push through that pain barrier.

We all know and see that when a player leaves the Warriors they go onto better things which says our clubs environment is the problem, if we can see it surely the Warriors Board can see that?

Week in and week out we see Kiwis dominate the NRL. Some are total no names so why can't a Kiwi dominated team not just win as much as the Storm does? I repeat it is just that simple.

There is no hiding in the NRL some of the Warriors "stars" need to take a long hard look at themselves and work that much harder, I don't buy into the we field a reserve grade team due to injuries, those boys have the talent, what they need is the self belief and proper coaching/training, buying players like Allwood and Wright is just a waste of time. What I have seen of the Fox Memorial comp and whats down here we can produce wingers by the handful much better than those has beens (never were), also our halves should always been home grown just look at our rich history of producing the best halves ever.

I rant with the best of them during the matches and blast players unfairly for the most part but these guys earn more than an average couple and they must start taking responsibility but the buck stops with the coach for sure.

I recommend a coaching clean out and more outside the game help for our squads even if a bus picking up players for training has to be introduced, more at home assistance and more education, happy home = happy players = winning more games, more unity between this club and the NZRL and more resources for our game right down to the local comps (some are a fucken disgrace).

So Hoffman and Cappy you guys can bitch about lack of effort and players "not being good enough" but leadership and role models is what counts so hang your heads in shame for selling out your "brothers" like that, lets see some change and I promise we will get results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Off The Bench

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
as good as the stats of Benedict and jacob and mannering stats read they had all gone backwards this year

you're kidding right? Matulino was one of the top performing props in the comp earlier this season. He was right up there with Bromwich... Mannering's stats this year are awesome. Top tackler in the comp, highest scoring fantasy player too I believe.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Cappy has to cop the blame because even when we were going well our best forward was Vatuvei he was the only one besides hurrell when he was on point as being able to bend the line and play the ball quick and lift the whole team. as good as the stats of Benedict and jacob and mannering stats read they had all gone backwards this year and it has to do with pre season training, pressure from the lower grades (there is none) sure they tackle and hit the ball up but so can most first graders.
What is needed is a proper diet plan and homework on top of their weekly drills skin fold tests e.t.c the boys get comfortable and forget that you have to push through that pain barrier.
We all know and see that when a player leaves the warriors they go onto better things which says our clubs environment is the problem, if we can see it surely the warriors board can see that? week in and week out we see kiwis dominate the NRL some are total no names so why can't a Kiwi dominated team not just win as much as the storm does? I repeat it is just that simple. There is no hiding in the NRL some of the Warriors "stars" need to take a long hard look at themselves and work that much harder, I don't buy into the we field a reserve grade team due to injuries, those boys have the talent, what they need is the self belief and proper coaching/training, buying players like Allwood and Wright is just a waste of time what I have seen of the Fox memorial comp and whats down here we can produce wingers by the handful much better than those has beens (never were), also our halves should always been home grown just look at our rich history of producing the best halves ever.
I rant with the best of them during the matches and blast players unfairly for the most part but these guys earn more than an average couple and they must start taking responsibility but the buck stops with the coach for sure, I recommend a coaching clean out and more outside the game help for our squads even if a bus picking up players for training has to be introduced, more at home assistance and more education, happy home = happy players = winning more games, more unity between this club and the NZRL and more resources for our game right down to the local comps (some are a fucken disgrace).
So Hoffman and Cappy you guys can bitch about lack of effort and players "not being good enough" but leadership and role models is what counts so hang your heads in shame for selling out your "brothers" like that, lets see some change and I promise we will get results.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that was written by a Warrior. Hurrell, is that you bro?

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
The first try right after halftime is a perfect example of it. Hoffman is rushing across field, probably because he knows we can't defend on the edges. Footwork and/or inside ball, and it's going to cause trouble.

At the moment I think he/Mannering/Thompson are just being spread too thin to try and compensate for the lack of defense we have across the park. If they were able to just worry about their channel/man it wouldn't be an issue IMO.

Good post. ..also good to see some people actually watch the game.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Heard from someone in the know that Taylor was planning on dragging Farrah after the first 20 minutes.
Not sure if it was the reception he got before the game but for whatever reason taylor didn't follow through which was a shame for us coz farrah scored just after that ( we had been leading till then) and the tigers grew another leg ( or we dropped our nuts- prob a bit of both ).

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings