Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
No youve got him totally wrong. he took one look at this debacle and thought how the hell do i get out of next weeks game. SHit shoulder charge. Damn not sure that one was good enough. Do it again . Hero - now i dont have to play next week. Just like ST

I actually did wonder about that watching the game...

Reactions: Defence

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Vete is all class.

Ikahiretard has the physical gifts but seriously lacks the game smarts... still wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a very good player in another 2-3 years.

Gubb is as dumb as a post, but tries hard.

Lisone isn't a prop.

Lolohea isn't a half or a fullback which isn't breaking news.

Lino needs to be kept on as depth...could become a very valuable asset in another few years when his grasp of the basics is second nature.

Think i may have run out of patience with Hurrell.

Lolohea should have one wing spot sewn up but we seriously need another winger who can actually defend his position and not make retarded errors constantly, and if we could get a center in the same mold that would be great...get to work Doily.

Allwood isn't the worst outside back we have on the books.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will be awesome.
Come on buddy, we have to have at least one prop on the wing to score tries only a prop on the wing could score...

Reactions: facefacts

PolarBob

Apr 8, 2012
If the Titans can win at home and the Panthers can win away then its all on for the wooden spoon.

Then next week the Tigers would have to beat the Dragons, Knights beat the Panthers, Raiders beat the Eels, and the Warriors lose big to the Dogs, and the Warriors get the spoon
Yeah, but I'm backing Ricky for the first time in my life to do us a solid and deal to the Panthers tomorrow. We only need that to happen to avoid it.

Jordan G

Said we wouldn't win another game once Shaun Johnson went down. Hate being right sometimes.

All I've really done the last month or so is watch individuals, who puts in effort, who doesn't, who lacks what and where etc

To sum it up - we got issues.

Marshthedarsh

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2012
I did myself a favour and went for a drive so didn't bother following the game.

Saw it was 16-6 and I'm like yup - we're gone. Did not expect to see 50 put on us by 16th place.

Blame losing Shaun Johnson all you want - we're obviously not scoring as many points. But it's our defense that's fucked. He has nothing to do with all these missed tackles.

Is Allwood really the problem here? (Serious question - I didn't watch, saw he scored a double).

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Said we wouldn't win another game once Shaun Johnson went down. Hate being right sometimes.

All I've really done the last month or so is watch individuals, who puts in effort, who doesn't, who lacks what and where etc

To sum it up - we got issues.

Said the same thing. I didn't think they'd utterly give up though. I expected a few 12-18 losses, but this shit is pathetic. Since Shaun Johnson went down, MAYBE 5-6 players have looked worth their pay packet.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
I did myself a favour and went for a drive so didn't bother following the game.

Saw it was 16-6 and I'm like yup - we're gone. Did not expect to see 50 put on us by 16th place.

Blame losing Shaun Johnson all you want - we're obviously not scoring as many points. But it's our defense that's fucked. He has nothing to do with all these missed tackles.

Is Allwood really the problem here? (Serious question - I didn't watch, saw he scored a double).
He's an ok player...

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Just heartbroken about this team top 4 7 weeks ago then just completely give up in a heartless slump.

Been waiting 20 years thinking it will be worth it when we come right but here we are yet again rebuilding looking like going through yet another coach and yet again talking about "next year" after a monumental capitulation.

I'm sure some marketing guru will tell me to "keep the faith" but I'm fucken sick of getting let down time and time again and for once would like this team to repay the faith to their long suffering team.

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
The hole in this team since Shaun Johnson was injured has grown a lot bigger than we all expected......at no point in these last few games has anyone player grabbed the game by the scuff of the neck...and demanded his players pull finger. This is a great opportunity for a "Bro" to put his hand up and be a "Pro". But I wouldn't be surprised if someone has tried....but.... its the same old eels in a bucket, once 1 tries to get out the rest pull him back.

Reactions: Waro-rakau

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Extremely disappointing but unfortunately somewhat predictable result :meh:

That's seven consecutive loses in a row now & with the last two being 50 point hidings the Warriors will most likely end up with eight consecutive loses to finish this season as I cannot see them even coming close to upsetting the Dogs in next weeks last regular season match up

That will be our second worst run of consecutive loses (currently the Warriors are equal on that front with the 2000 season & the abysmal 2004 season) & it also has shades of the 2012-13 seasons where we lost 11 in a row combined over the back end of 2012 & the start of the 2013 season

As much as I would like to ... I'm not gonna bag the players or the coach as I think at this stage it has become somewhat superfluous, especially when you consider the amount of injuries we have endured this year & consequently the amount of rookies that have been forced to fill the breach

What I will say is that if the Warriors go down to the Dogs (which we more than likely will) then the amount of pressure that will be on the entire squad at the start of next season to avoid the unenviable club record of eleven consecutive loses will be massive, but especially so imo for Cappy, Shaun Johnson (if he is fit) & new mega signing recruits Issac Luke & Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ... interesting times ahead

Just as an aside, to those of you that actually bet against the Warriors just for the sake of a quick buck I say SHAME ON YOU ALL!!! & I personally wouldn't want to be in a tight spot with any of you as you would probably pull a quicker turncoat than the former Kiwi now known as Aussie Jim Tamou :finger: :p :D (half joking half serious)

Jordan G

Said the same thing. I didn't think they'd utterly give up though. I expected a few 12-18 losses, but this shit is pathetic. Since Shaun Johnson went down, MAYBE 5-6 players have looked worth their pay packet.

Yeah I didn't expect it to be this bad, but look at who we've lost since Shaun Johnson. Thompson went down same game, Manu, Matulino, Lillyman, Townsend etc

Our halves - gone
Our first choice front row - gone
Half our back line - gone

Our rookies left to fend for themselves while our back row stretch themselves thin trying to cover them. There's no trust there. These results don't really surprise me now. Take out Tomkins/back row and we named what I expected to be our NSW Cup side.

However, some things haven't changed.

1) our edge defence. It's scary bad. Nobody communicates, everybody arm grabs, everybody stands flat footed until it's too late.
2) Footwork kills us. Whether it's in the middle of the field unlocking the outside or one on one in the backs to beat our defenders, our players can't handle footwork.
3) wrapping up the ball. How bad is it? Even when we have 2-3 man tackles they all just seem to hold onto the player and then all of a sudden the ball pops out, wrap up the ball you goons.

Need to do something to get these guys more agile on their feet, communicating better, and just generally thinking smarter.

Reactions: Defence and eamon

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings