Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 24 - Warriors vs Cowboys Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
There should be little room for error in first grade. The public (us) will grill every small mistake or mis-read you make. And I guess thats my point. Kata is a talent no doubt. But if he's still learning, then he's not ready for first grade. And that should be the message sent and the sort of benchmark and standard we should be aiming for as a club.

Getting our arses kicked by 50 pts and then coach coming out and saying "we're not that bad" is setting a ridiculously low bar for standards (IMHO), because in reality, we are THAT bad right now.
Then what the hell is Hurrell, Manu, Mannering , Matulino, Shaun Johnson, etc etc doing out there.....

Do a SBW play for the money. The better you play the more you get. If your in a team thats hopeless move on. You want a culture where you get more money from winning. If everyone understands that you will soon take no prisoners underperformers will be out. Because everyone wants a pay rise soon winning will come naturally.
"Resistance is futile"

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Don't understand the criticism of kata around here, made some brilliant one on one tackles last night, and it's not his fault he has a backrower outside him?! He's still young and learning but he's a lot better than people are making him out to be
Bollocks, I saw about 20 lazy arm grabs, where he simply got wrong footed by a runner taking a simple line.
Fusitua, Lolo, and Gubb, the three other rookies make those tackles with ease.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Mr Bob

Contributor
Then what the hell is Hurrell, Manu, Mannering , Matulino, Shaun Johnson, etc etc doing out there.....

I'm talking about the standards and benchmark that should be set for the club. For a coach to come out and say we werent that bad after getting flogged by 50 pts sends the wrong message. We all here know its because of injuries, but the average joe-public who doesnt follow league or the Warriors closely, will think we're a basketcase club with a coach who thinks getting flogged by 50 isnt all that bad .He should have come out and said explicitly getting flogged by 50 isnt good enough, because we have injuries and the fill-ins are just not up to first grade standard.

Reactions: 1 user

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I'm talking about the standards and benchmark that should be set for the club. For a coach to come out and say we werent that bad after getting flogged by 50 pts sends the wrong message. We all here know its because of injuries, but the average joe-public who doesnt follow league or the Warriors closely, will think we're a basketcase club with a coach who thinks getting flogged by 50 isnt all that bad .He should have come out and said explicitly getting flogged by 50 isnt good enough, because we have injuries and the fill-ins are just not up to first grade standard.
Agree, I never know who they think they are talking to when they make those ridiculous statements.

NRL footy and amateur club footy is a wee bit different. Ando did that and what happened to him again?? Got chased off into the sunset. I'm not saying McFadden is doing everything right (or much at all to be honest) but yelling and screaming and comparing this to park footy won't fix things. Measured, calculated analysis is required and then the same approach to planning how to fix this mess is needed - not just adhering to frenzy.
Touché Mon Ame but haven't they got the best of everything at their disposal, shit if I had all that calculated analysis thingymijigs there would still be a certain amount of home truths told to the useless under performing pricks for sure, because in the end they are Footy players who have played a certain amount of park footy. Alas of course you are correct, it won't happen because this is a Professional Footy Club hahaha.

Mr Bob

Contributor
Agree, I never know who they think they are talking to when they make those ridiculous statements.

Cappy could probably do with some PR lessons. Its the second time this month now his words have come out raising eye-brows. He needs to be clear and concise and chose his words wisely. No ambiguity or the press will eat him up for breakfast. Maybe learn from Bennett who keeps it short and sweet.

Someone add this to his growing list of rookie development points.

Cappy could probably do with some PR lessons. Its the second time this month now his words have come out raising eye-brows. He needs to be clear and concise and chose his words wisely. No ambiguity or the press will eat him up for breakfast. Maybe learn from Bennett who keeps it short and sweet.

Someone add this to his growing list of rookie development points.
Cappy is caught up in the whole development delusion that's dominating the club insiders mindsets ATM...

So as far as our rookies played it wasn't all that bad..

We need to shift to a win everything now with the players we've got mindset...

Any attempt to take the pain out of losing is weak and unprofessional IMO... If you want the highs you have to suffer the lows...

Gaz, has us worked out. love his comments and commentary..love to have him has a mentor to are players,great footy brain and if he says we will be a team too watch next year then I believe him,but like the rest of youse I'm trying too grab anything positive at the moment

Reactions: 1 users
The reason we got utterly spanked imo... I looked at Ger-Ger-Granville's dummy half service with utter envy. It's no wonder they made so many metres, and no wonder they created room out wide. Every time Granville got the ball, he'd run a few metres, so he would always draw a defender to him. That's one less central player to make the tackle when he passes, so naturally the outer defenders get drawn in because 1-on-1 tackles against some raging 2nd rower are hard as fuck to make, and offload prevention virtually impossible. Really intelligent, effective play.

Compare that to our near total lack of movement from dummy half. Slow, static delivery that all but creates the offensive defence for the tacklers.

Reactions: 5 users
Watching the Roosters on the weekend, their entire offensive line is moving in each play. A prop charges it up, a half is running slightly back off the hip and two forwards are running about a metre behind. It causes defensive lines to check themselves because they can't over commit because there are options on each play. It takes tremendous fitness and dedication but it is the benchmark style to aspire to. We are so one out it's not funny.

Reactions: 9 users
Watching the Roosters on the weekend, their entire offensive line is moving in each play. A prop charges it up, a half is running slightly back off the hip and two forwards are running about a metre behind. It causes defensive lines to check themselves because they can't over commit because there are options on each play. It takes tremendous fitness and dedication but it is the benchmark style to aspire to. We are so one out it's not funny.
There's a word for that... um, um, what is it? it's right there..... fuck it....

That's it... Team Sports... Maybe we should try playing one?

I feel sorry for the kid, he's simply not a winger, I don't know why the club is seemingly forcing it?[/QUOTE

Difficult this, as I had to ask one of my fellow supporters to tone it down, given Manu had a worse effort all those years ago. They held faith by not hooking him that day.
Was Konnie carrying an injury? As already mentioned, he appeared absolutely gassed. Does anyone know why he and only one other were doing extra shuttles after the game? Good on the supporter who scored Thurstons boots down at the south stand.

I left the ground content because we got exactly what I expected.

I was there Saturday to support the young guys and the team in general, Truth be told I put a bet down on the Cowboys 30+ and collected handsomely.

Going through League websites and our thread at the start of the year looking for "Best 17's" etc and pretty much all have the below players in there who were out on Saturday

Ben Matulino
Ben Henry
Ngani Laumape
Shaun Johnson
Chad Townshend
Thomas Leuluai
Manu Vatuvei

We also lost Lillyman in the first tackle.

Add to the the extended injury lay offs this season for Hoffman, Tomkins, Thompson.

To be honest it's a miracle we found ourselves in the Top 4 and the reality is we never got our best team on the park, and that happens. People want to blame Cappy are welcome to vent, but he ain't the problem.

Reactions: 9 users
Mark Gasnier, and possibly Andrew Johns, have a wicked way of illustrating our story.

They both deeply feel our frustration & heartache.

They can clearly see our enormous potential, but even more so, why it's not being realized.

Either of them looking for a coaching gig?

Yes, and therefore UTTERLY predictable!

One out....bomb to the wing....out the back pass....that's all we've got.

Hell, if that's all that's required, I could coach this team:rolleyes: