minute

Was the bench effective?

• Extremely

• Yes

• Sort of

• No

• What was Cappy thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we didn't have Manu in our team we'd have nothing to talk about...

6 repeat sets from Shaun Johnson and Chad, mostly Shaun Johnson... Two grubber kick trys.. That brings the count to 8 effective short kicks... Outstanding...

6 from 6 conversions... What was Shaun Johnson on that day. Can we bottle it?

84 less tackles, 20 less missed tackles

9 errors (which is great for us)

90% completed sets in the second half

Mutts and Bull both ran over 200 meters on the back of that possession

Do that again and again please...

Under a normal defensive line why would a player run 12 metres past the advantage line then turn around , and have to retreat 22 metres to get back on side? If Pettybourne thought he was on side why didn't he join the tackle?

Pettybourne caught the ball exactly on the 10 metre line. If he'd been defending in the line he wouldn't have had to run at all, he could have stood absolutely still once the ball was played and been in the same position to catch the offload.

6 from 6 conversions... What was Shaun Johnson on that day. Can we bottle it?
Goal kicking will be interesting next year with Luke here. So far this season, Johnson is marginally more accurate than Luke (72% compared to 65%) although Luke and Reynolds have been sharing the kicking at the Bunnies. I wonder of not having the pressure of the kicking may help Shaun Johnson to relax more on the field and help lift his game even higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richie
Goal kicking will be interesting next year Luke here. So far this season, Johnson is marginally more accurate than Luke (72% compared to 65%) although Luke and Reynolds have been sharing the kicking at the Bunnies. I wonder of not having the pressure of the kicking may help Shaun Johnson to relax more on the field and help lift his game even higher.
Quite possibly... He seems to have a lot on his plate. More duties than any other member of the team that's for sure...

Main field kicker, goal kicker, touch finder, kick re-starter, No.1 play maker, go to match winner... For a guy who likes to float in and out of games, scoring points when he's least expected, he's got a lot of extras to master...

I still think he's the ultimate low risk attacking option... His sidestep freakshow is just a catch and run play, and his grubbers just roll along the ground towards the in goal... How safe is that?

We need to build our attacking structures around his strengths IMO... There's no need for high risk footy with Shaun Johnson in the team... Players just need to back him up and feed off him and we're in with a shot at the top four...... Bring it on I say...

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
i havent seen any other discussion on the try, are we the only ones who give a damn?

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with big manu himself. I think he's a wonderful human being and a great footy talent.

But his followers are letting him down badly... Crikey....:woot:

If the defensive line doesn't move up like most Warriors lines dont, then the player would only have to run 2 meters past the point where the tackle was being made to be behind the ruck...that said, Pettybourne didn't join the tackle because the Vatuvei's momentum had been stopped, and he probably didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to dump the ball out the back in that situation.

Good play from Pettybourne really, im sure they would have spoken about Vatuvei before the game and to expect fuck ups and poor decisions etc etc etc when he has the ball, so be ready.

Te he he, that's awesome funny, for a brief moment I thought you had written something new and original, but like Manu I was wrong again. How are you going to contribute here once Manu retires? As for your take on the Warriors defence how do they ever win a game. By the way Manu's momentum hadn't stopped because he got the offload away, unfortunately to the wrong player of course but I'm sure you may be aware of this point.

Main field kicker, goal kicker, touch finder, kick re-starter, No.1 play maker, go to match winner... For a guy who likes to float in and out of games, scoring points when he's least expected, he's got a lot of extras to master...
how does Shaun Johnson "float in and out of games" when he manages to do all that work you've rattled off.. he must be pretty damn good

Reactions: Defence
how does Shaun Johnson "float in and out of games" when he manages to do all that work you've rattled off.. he must be pretty damn good
Well, he does have The Chad's example to follow.

chad do.JPG

Archer confirms the Titans try was legit. Fuck! I think this is a loophole that needs to be closed. I disagree with the Manu offload bashers. It is reasonable (apart from this fucked ruling of course!) to assume that all the Titans players would be on the other side of the ball.

I would love to see an NRL coach exploit this on the weekend. Set a new position called "Disruptor". Third man in the tackle stands offside, tracks the play the ball, if it goes more than 10 metres he gets involved. Do it every tackle. The whole essence of the game is changed. Either that or close this nonsensical loophole.

https://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--referee-review-rd-15/tabid/10959/contentid/763460/default.aspx

How about not throwing an offload at that stage of the game. Another 2-3 minutes without a try against and the game is sealed. There is so much of this in the Warriors play - get really shitfaced about game management and then go phaarrrkk me, how did we get run down there? It all starts usually with something extremely soft or incredibly dumb and unnecessary.

I think this whole offside when he's onside debate highlights the irrationality that the manu fanboys bring to the table...
I wouldnt blame Manu for that pass, you dont expect an opposition player to be that late back into the line, its unusual for play to have advanced that far and have someone charging onto the ball who isnt from your team. It was just bad luck for the Warriors